[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
SAY MOTHERF*CKING WHAT?!?!? I had to delete my player.dat on server because I'd ran out of perditio and sources for it. Bloody hell.

haha, you never researched the deconstruction table before or heard about the bookshelves? :p

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Well i was trying to get the deconstruction table, but it needs perditio. I had no idea about bookshelves, though. That's badass!
In horizons bookshelves are glitched it seems, or my table is acting weird. I have all 6 clusters, 6 bookshelves, so,e cobble and smoothstone, so,e water, and a torch by my table and only primals refill. In my old 1.6 custom pack it worked with everything though(I may just need more bookshelves)

NoPain9

Jul 29, 2019
In horizons bookshelves are glitched it seems, or my table is acting weird. I have all 6 clusters, 6 bookshelves, so,e cobble and smoothstone, so,e water, and a torch by my table and only primals refill. In my old 1.6 custom pack it worked with everything though(I may just need more bookshelves)

I have to ask, what is that with so,e <-- ? If it's a certain placement perhaps a picture would explain it better.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I have to ask, what is that with so,e <-- ? If it's a certain placement perhaps a picture would explain it better.
The "," key is right next to the "m" key. Swap those two and "so,e" becomes "some" which makes sense in the context of the sentence.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a suggestion: cooperative research. When a research note is read, it is not used up. The player who researched it can destroy it if they like, or they can give it to another player, who can also read it (if they have learned the required research, and at least know all the required aspects). That way, a group of players can cooperate to get the group past that start-up hump more quickly, and build a library to get new players up to speed. (Next to the House of Scanning.) And even in single player, it works around lost-research glitches.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Here's a suggestion: cooperative research. When a research note is read, it is not used up. The player who researched it can destroy it if they like, or they can give it to another player, who can also read it (if they have learned the required research, and at least know all the required aspects). That way, a group of players can cooperate to get the group past that start-up hump more quickly, and build a library to get new players up to speed. (Next to the House of Scanning.) And even in single player, it works around lost-research glitches.
Say hello to: the tome of knowledge sharing, added by none other than thaumic tinkerer!

Reactions: SpitefulFox

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
First
Okay so I just read the thing about book shelves.......... holy cow..... Is there a max number that will be beneficial?

Second....
Is there anything I can do about the purple taint juice that oozes out of my crucible?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
First
Okay so I just read the thing about book shelves.......... holy cow..... Is there a max number that will be beneficial?

Second....
Is there anything I can do about the purple taint juice that oozes out of my crucible?

At the moment, all you can do is fill it in with cobblestone and dig that out. :/

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've been trading with my first Pech Forager, and he just ran out of green sparkles and stopped trading with me. The last couple of trades included stuff like torches and eggs -- does this mean he's actually run out of goods, or can I get more cool stuff if I prime him with more golden armor?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So, I've been trading with my first Pech Forager, and he just ran out of green sparkles and stopped trading with me. The last couple of trades included stuff like torches and eggs -- does this mean he's actually run out of goods, or can I get more cool stuff if I prime him with more golden armor?
Why don't you give it a try? It'll be simple enough to find out, just see if the trades improve after some more free stuff for him.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you give it a try? It'll be simple enough to find out, just see if the trades improve after some more free stuff for him.

Mostly that I ran out of gold armor, so it'll be a little while before I can try again. I was figuring someone might well be able to hint me before then. Doesn't make game-sense if he's shut down for good, though, unless there's some other way to restock him.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Mostly that I ran out of gold armor, so it'll be a little while before I can try again. I was figuring someone might well be able to hint me before then. Doesn't make game-sense if he's shut down for good, though, unless there's some other way to restock him.
Well I got one to be friendly by throwing mana beans at him. I believe that they take anything valuable or magical.

scantrontb

Jul 29, 2019
from what i remember DW20 saying, it works best when you throw items that have the aspect that looks like a gripping hand, called Lucrum at them, as they are VERY greedy... then they'll be your friend again and give you some more stuff in trade. the more valuable the item (more Lucrum on it) i forget whether the effect will either last longer but you get the same *level* of trade items, or if it will last the same amount of time, but give you better trades... I've only seen one Pech in-game and it got blown up by a creeper i was fighting, and DW20 didn't really go into it much after he saw the one somebody trapped in their mining caves on Forgecraft 2? i think it was...

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
from what i remember DW20 saying, it works best when you throw items that have the aspect that looks like a gripping hand, called Lucrum at them, as they are VERY greedy... then they'll be your friend again and give you some more stuff in trade. the more valuable the item (more Lucrum on it) i forget whether the effect will either last longer but you get the same *level* of trade items, or if it will last the same amount of time, but give you better trades... I've only seen one Pech in-game and it got blown up by a creeper i was fighting, and DW20 didn't really go into it much after he saw the one somebody trapped in their mining caves on Forgecraft 2? i think it was...
Piece of advise. Scan your pechs. There are different types of pech. Stalker, mage and forager being some and they each respectively have different type of aspects that they can become attracted to. Lucrum is one they all share and the more of that aspect an item has, the more chance they have to be befriended. Hence their love for gold. However they won't hesitate to pick up ANY items dropped near them, whether it'll affect friendship or not.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Piece of advise. Scan your pechs. There are different types of pech. Stalker, mage and forager being some and they each respectively have different type of aspects that they can become attracted to. Lucrum is one they all share and the more of that aspect an item has, the more chance they have to be befriended. Hence their love for gold. However they won't hesitate to pick up ANY items dropped near them, whether it'll affect friendship or not.

Can you tell us what aspects the various types like? So far I've trapped a couple more foragers in various places -- I scanned a stalker, but he's stuck in a niche over a ravine. I note that the one forager I traded with gave back the torches and some of the eggs he'd picked up (he's still holding one, like all the others), but not the cobblestone or coal (before he stopped trading).

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I went back, and "bribing" him (the Pech Forager) was way faster the second time around. Also, he does take mana beans in trade, but that only gets you one item apiece, instead of the three or four you get for a piece of gold armor. Also, that coal and cobble he'd picked up did show up in the results (along with a golden apple).

Oh yeah -- in the previous session, I'd gotten 3 golden apples, and one enchanted golden apple. Woot! that last will be way handy once I actually make it to a nether fortress.