Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Will FTB ever keep still, for example, we've had ultimate, mindcrack, direwolf20 etc.
Now horizons, monster and unleashed.
Will they continue to release a new modpack within every month or so, or will they just patch/update?

It will likely release new packs, but not monthly. 1.5 packs were released and were current for months until the latest came out. Also sometimes they keep the name, but the pack changes anyway, like DW20 packs.

Byock

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I just got into pc gaming and we want to start a Direwolf20 server for us to play together but since we are so no new to pc we can't figure out how to do it. Is anybody willing to make a server for us or at least help me figure out how to make one I have tried youtube videos and even the tutorial straight off the FTB website but we just can't figure it out.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I just got into pc gaming and we want to start a Direwolf20 server for us to play together but since we are so no new to pc we can't figure out how to do it. Is anybody willing to make a server for us or at least help me figure out how to make one I have tried youtube videos and even the tutorial straight off the FTB website but we just can't figure it out.
That depends on whether you're buying a server or if you're running one off of your computer.]

Wess

Jul 29, 2019
where do i go to find people that wanna play DireWolf20???[DOUBLEPOST=1388816689][/DOUBLEPOST]
well my good sir if you do figure it out i will give you a sever for free if i have a spot on the sever

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
1) servos are only for itemducts that interact with inventories so placing them on one that connects only to itemducts is unnecessary.

2) sounds like a bug that you might want to report to the cofh team, in the meantime try attaching a chest to the quarry and pulling from the chest.

Thank you. With regards to #1, does that mean there's no way to set up a sort of sorting itemduct at a junction to only let items go one way?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. With regards to #1, does that mean there's no way to set up a sort of sorting itemduct at a junction to only let items go one way?
Itemduct sorting is done at the inputs and outputs. If you want all your cobble to go to a specific place, just tell the Itemduct at the end of the line, and the itemducts will make it happen (assuming none of the closer inventories to the extraction point are valid). It might take a little getting used to if you've mostly used pipes or transfer nodes, but there actually shouldn't be a need for a sorting duct. Then again, RP2 had a Sorting Machine, and Itemducts are very similar to Pneumatic Tubes.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I think I see what you mean. I'll have to play around with it. Thank you.

Now another question, I'm trying to build a power suit but the thermal expansion recipes aren't working. I went into the config and set them to true then restarted my client, but still nothing. Is there some other setting I need to change?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I think I see what you mean. I'll have to play around with it. Thank you.

Now another question, I'm trying to build a power suit but the thermal expansion recipes aren't working. I went into the config and set them to true then restarted my client, but still nothing. Is there some other setting I need to change?
There shouldn't be anything else you need to do. I wonder if, perhaps, the TE recipes haven't been updated for TE3 yet?

Double check that you saved the config after making changes and that you spelled "true" correctly. I once edited a config to say "tre" and it took me hours to figure out what I did wrong.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, just double-checked the config. I saved and spelled correctly. The strange thing is, the TE tinker table recipe, which I used before changing the config, worked. Further, there were like 3 copies of each TE recipe in NEI before the change, now there's only one.

I'm noticing a subfolder called recipes in the config which contains only thermalexpansions.recipes. Could this be the culprit?

JoshVN

Jul 29, 2019
Hi am playing a magic world 2 survival now but i dont know where to find entropy shard can you tell me what biome?

Last edited:

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
Hi am playing a magic world 2 survival now but i dont know where to find entropy shard can you tell me what biome?
Wastelands.

Another question:

Why doesn't my grinder accept water? I tried using Cob. Fluid Pipes aswell. In my test world it worked, but for some reason it doesn't here.
NRSxwbD.png

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do Leadstone Energy Conduits (and presumably redstone ones too) not convert RF to MJ for Dimensional Transceivers?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2)In my test world I tried hooking up and itemduct to a quarry in multiple ways, with and without a redstone signal or a servo upgrade, and none of them seem to work. The itemduct connects visually, but the quarry still just spits it's items out of the top. BC pipes work as normal. Is this intentional, a bug, or am I just derping really hard?
Itemducts only connect to inventories.

JoshVN

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get entropy shards i looked in desert and forest and plains and more but found 0 of them please help me[DOUBLEPOST=1388842923][/DOUBLEPOST]:p

Theotargon

Jul 29, 2019
Someone on my server lost all their Ars Magica 2 levels during a recent update.

Is there any command to fix this?