[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Tombenpotter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know whether I am just doing this wrong but I cant seem to get the Thaumonomicon to show me recipies for research I have learnt. For instance, I just researched the focus pouch. When I go to the Thaumonomicon am mouseover the icon of a bag it says Focus Pouch. However, the icon is flashing and when I click, nothing happens. Except for my base research, all of the researched items show as flashing icons and nothing happens. However when I make the item using the cheat sheets (i.e. for Goggles of revealing) the icon stops flashing in the Thaumonomicon and I can see the recipe. Would anyone be able to help?

That just means you didn't do the research, you cannot craft anything if the research isn't done before. The cheat sheet unlocks all the research, so it's normal it works

marielwyatt

Jul 29, 2019
I unlocked the research using the research table, held the research in my hand and then right clicked to learn it. Am I meant to do anything afterwards to unlock this in the Thaumonomicon?[DOUBLEPOST=1387819439][/DOUBLEPOST]GOT IT! I had the Thaumonomicon on a desk and I was accessing it without picking it up i.e. looking at it whilst it was sitting on the desk. This was causing the problem.

ChromeFX

Jul 29, 2019
There's always one...

ChromeFX: I see what you're trying to do (barely -- you might post with better resolution next time.) Move two or three inactive runes to block the last live node (lower left), from connecting to the runes to its left. Then it should connect to the bottom node and complete the chain.

sounded like a good idea but then nothing would connect once i did that. ive moved them around all over the place but it seems like the last rune is 1 step to far or 1 step too close. (i dont see why you would need better resolution than that, its minecraft after all, lol) thanks for the suggestion tho

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
sounded like a good idea but then nothing would connect once i did that. ive moved them around all over the place but it seems like the last rune is 1 step to far or 1 step too close. (i dont see why you would need better resolution than that, its minecraft after all, lol) thanks for the suggestion tho

If the other lit nodes go dark when you disconnect that node, then that's your starting node (which can only connect to one rune), and I'm pretty sure the page is unsolvable. Toss the note and try again with a fresh one. (And if your starting node was the one on the right, moving the bottom red rune should easily have solved it.)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
dKbJbCj.png

Merry Christmas from the official ThaumLite server!

(From Left to right - Kihira, Haighyorkie, Vazkii, Succubism, killajoke (in the ground), The_White_Wolves, LycaonX, Democretes)

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/just-a-small-seasons-greeting-from-the-thaumlite-guys.37102/

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

ChromeFX

Jul 29, 2019
If the other lit nodes go dark when you disconnect that node, then that's your starting node (which can only connect to one rune), and I'm pretty sure the page is unsolvable. Toss the note and try again with a fresh one. (And if your starting node was the one on the right, moving the bottom red rune should easily have solved it.)

i actually tried another research and got the same one (gunpowder), solved it with no problem, it seems like every now and then some researches that lacks one rune to complete it, thanks again for your replies, now ive unlocked the infernal furnace but cant activate it with my greatwood iron capped wand, even tho i have the required 50 ignis and 50 terra on it.. oh well better get a better wand :)

Grovert11

Jul 29, 2019
When researching the Flesh Golems I noticed the aspect Mortuus doesn't lead to activated runes. Maybe you can fix thepost for other people :)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Just a quick but important announcement.

Me and some of the guys have put our heads together and created this.

It's a new house for research for every thaumcraft mod in one neat, stylish little place! Go check it out!
We've got catagories and checkboxes for addons too! How many? All of them. Even Thaumcraft Extras! :'D iwishiwasdead

The webpage is still very work in process and is by no means complete. Bare with us~.

Just a little note, I'll be updating both the website and the forum pages, this place ain't dying.

Last edited:

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide to using the infusion altar safely?

It seems to work better with an arcane stone base. I placed items on pedestals symmetrically of course, but do warded jars of essence also have to be placed symmetrically? Do candles help?

Also, how do I remove the evil purple fluid that resulted from me trying to figure this one out on my own? I'm tempted to make a sort of satanic sewer on the floors and ceilings but there's probably a better way.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide to using the infusion altar safely?

It seems to work better with an arcane stone base. I placed items on pedestals symmetrically of course, but do warded jars of essence also have to be placed symmetrically? Do candles help?

Also, how do I remove the evil purple fluid that resulted from me trying to figure this one out on my own? I'm tempted to make a sort of satanic sewer on the floors and ceilings but there's probably a better way.

The more symmetrical magical doodads you have, the less likely you are to have accidents. Just overdecorate the hell out of your infusion room.

I just settle for cobblestone + dig to get rid of flux goo/gas.

Reactions: Succubism

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

I have some eyesight issues, so i modified the .png that comes with thaumcraft so i could more clearly see the rune "slots". here is the PNG if some1 wants to use it, just drop it inside the thaumcraft .rar in <thaumcraft rar>/assets/thaumcraft/textures/misc and replace "parchment2.png"

Right click and choose "save image as" parchment2.png:
parchment2.png

If properly replaced the research table will look like this (which is much easier on my eyes):
Capture.png

Hope it helps, and that im not breaking any rules by altering a mod in this way.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

I have some eyesight issues, so i modified the .png that comes with thaumcraft so i could more clearly see the rune "slots". here is the PNG if some1 wants to use it, just drop it inside the thaumcraft .rar in <thaumcraft rar>/assets/thaumcraft/textures/misc and replace "parchment2.png"

Right click and choose "save image as" parchment2.png:
parchment2.png

If properly replaced the research table will look like this (which is much easier on my eyes):
Capture.png

Hope it helps, and that im not breaking any rules by altering a mod in this way.
This...I love it
I must install this!
I cant tell you how many times i screwed up on research due to not seeing slots >:U