Direwolf20 1.6.4 Optifine Won't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpfuzzy

Feb 19, 2013
Well, my computer sucks so I was going to install Optifine for 1.6.4 for Direwolf20. So, this time it's a jar not a normal .zip for it so I did the normal put it in the Jarmods and loaded it up. Everything loaded fine but Optifine was not in their. So I tried to put it in coremods nothing. Then put it in the mods folder and it just shuts off on me. I really need this and does anyone have any suggestions?

bigwolf2101

Jul 29, 2019
yay this wood be nice to know how to get it to work as I don't have a beast of a pc so this wood be nice to find out how to install it

HazDS

Jul 29, 2019
As I say using C6 works fine.

816922a6b74b21d797641e8bdab2d53d.png

0e063ca6fb1040c98e07e76ab931af77.png

HazDS

Jul 29, 2019
WARNING USE WITH CAUTION!

There's an incompatibility between BoP and Optifine. If you have BoP installed, Optifine will crash every time.

Guide for people who PM'd me.

1. Click here and download C6 version of Optifine. (I personally used OptiFine_1.6.4_HD_U_C6.jar)
2. Start the DW20 pack and get to the main Minecraft screen.
3. Click Options > Resource Packs > Open resource pack folder.
4. Go back one level to the Minecraft folder and you should see a folder called mods. Place the Optifine jar file into the mods folder. Restart minecraft and Optifine will be installed.
5. DIAMONDS!

Last edited:

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
You can't. It will not work with any FTB 1.6.4 pack due to mods adding code which crashes your game if it is installed. The reason they have done this is because it causes serious rendering issues and the author is uncooperative and will not fix them. If you have a workaround, FTB official support will no longer provide help.

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
You can't. It will not work with any FTB 1.6.4 pack due to mods adding code which crashes your game if it is installed. The reason they have done this is because it causes serious rendering issues and the author is uncooperative and will not fix them. If you have a workaround, FTB official support will no longer provide help.

HazDS plan seemed to off worked for me :D

PS. my game never crashed when i put optifine into the pack... it just wouldn't work D:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well that sucks. There is still no alternative to optifine is there? Because even living without all the performance optimizations, it really sucks not being able to use more than half of a texture pack...

Or you can take out tinkers construct.
WHAT!? TiC added a crash to prevent people from using optifine? Or am I understanding this wrong? Because if it comes down to the choice of TiC or Optifine, I can live without the few features of TiC that I use.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I saw another thread talking about how TiC automatically turns off minecraft if it detects it. However, I'm also seeing things like this:
https://twitter.com/FTB_Team/status/410486079557730304

Stating that it's not compatible with any pack... *sigh*
If that is true it truly sucks.
I have long wondered exactly what the issue is. I have been using Optifine for ages with different packs and many different mods without any issues. And its doing so many great things for me. It greatly improves the whole experience of playing the game. But apparently there is a great hostility towards it from so many people....
EDIT: nvm found the explanation in: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf-20-1-6-4-pack-wont-work-with-optifine.35478/

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHexatron

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
If that is true it truly sucks.
I have long wondered exactly what the issue is. I have been using Optifine for ages with different packs and many different mods without any issues. And its doing so many great things for me. It greatly improves the whole experience of playing the game. But apparently there is a great hostility towards it from so many people....
EDIT: nvm found the explanation in: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf-20-1-6-4-pack-wont-work-with-optifine.35478/
Part of my crash log:

2013-12-10 15:56:17 [INFO] [STDOUT] TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: optifine

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Part of my crash log:

2013-12-10 15:56:17 [INFO] [STDOUT] TConstruct Environment: DO NOT REPORT THIS CRASH! Unsupported mods in environment: optifine
Yeah ok that does smell a bit like something we have seen before when certain mods added code to make it incompatible with other mods.
If it is true, then why not just let us choose whether or not to use Optifine depending on how severe we found the conflicts.

Status
Not open for further replies.