Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ars has a very tough learning curve. It's one of the first mods I've seen where complexity genuinely is a balancing point. I'm not sure I like it, but one suggestion.

Make the dig+touch spell. Not only is it a usefull spell, but it's a spell you can spam cast on minor mode. Your first 20 levels give you a fair sum of blue exp points. You want those. The attack brach is not terribly useful; the utility and defensive branches are borderline OP.

We'll have to go hunting water elementals together soon. I can afford the mats and I know the place to do it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Ars has a very tough learning curve. It's one of the first mods I've seen where complexity genuinely is a balancing point. I'm not sure I like it, but one suggestion.

Make the dig+touch spell. Not only is it a usefull spell, but it's a spell you can spam cast on minor mode. Your first 20 levels give you a fair sum of blue exp points. You want those. The attack brach is not terribly useful; the utility and defensive branches are borderline OP.

We'll have to go hunting water elementals together soon. I can afford the mats and I know the place to do it.

I have both Dig Touch and Dig range and from testing they are basically the same in cost and burn out only the range one is well ranged.

Range dig is nice for quick glow stone mining to.

The Shoop gets all the ladies ;)

Which mini map is used in RR? The one I've seen KirinDave using is pretty sweet...

I use Rei's and Journey map. I like Rei's because the mob radar is disable on the server and it is just the mini map I've used forever and journey map is not so much a mini map it is kind of like map writer logs were you are. I feel it is more balanced since you have to go into it to view it and that compensates for the extra stuff like cave view and mob view.

Just my opinion though. As Dgdas9 pointed out you have options and can use what ever one you want. Also Atlauncher is fairly easy to use if you want to add a map not part of the pack.

Last edited:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
not bad, would be awesome if you could get people to spawn at the port and place some sort of welcoming message at the port

One of my plans is to make an enhanced portal and put in on the docks or on a ship or somethign like that.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I did a lot of this today.

And it made me realize that I needed to upgrade and storage and sorting system as things were getting a bit mixed up.

So... yeah. 2 hours of my life ripping that down, rebuilding it, and reprogramming it.

But it looks nice.

So metallurgy 3 changes how villagers trade. Most need coins now so I built a mint.

And started doing some trades.

Last big project today was Openblock auto stuff. So I made an all on one station for the XP system that Openblock adds.

Step up the grate drains your xp into the tanks and all three machines auto drink form the tank.

Reactions: Museli and PierceSG

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I like the coin trading, makes more sense then emeralds. now only get those villagers to actually look human instead of mutated squids and I'll be happy... for a week or so...
I really like how you did the enchanting station. right now I've 2,5 barrels full of experience ready to use, but I'm too busy (or lazy) to actually start using it...

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
God I love the open blocks tanks. I don't think I've ever seen a mod that has completely freeform tanks before, or one that makes the liquid flow between the tanks. One thing I'm curious about, though, is the maximum length of the tanks, as I was thinking if they could be used for a sort of transport of liquids...

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
God I love the open blocks tanks. I don't think I've ever seen a mod that has completely freeform tanks before, or one that makes the liquid flow between the tanks. One thing I'm curious about, though, is the maximum length of the tanks, as I was thinking if they could be used for a sort of transport of liquids...

I don't think the open blocks tanks have any kind of limit (at least as far as I've seen anyway) so this could be quite possible

Reactions: the_j485

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I read a but about the mint. Are you still able to use zinc for the coins?

I have not tried. Diffrent ingots give a diffrent number of coins. I've been using gold (gives 9) but I can give zinc a try when I get home.

In my forbidden city build I had a 3x50x1 tank at one point for cerocite form my coke ovens.

MetaTone

Jul 29, 2019
What are you making your Tinkers tools out of? Haven't really seen those colors for tools ( I am going to guess its metallurgy )