New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
From what I hear release requires a week in test with out any major bugs found. .4 had some major crashy bugs in it so they are skipping pushing it to release and are going for a .5 release. They are currently waiting on one mod to get updated before .5 can be tested. And no I won't mention what mod. No point in pestering that mod's author or authors. That tends to only slow down the work.

Reactions: Ashzification

Tat45

Jul 29, 2019
OK, thanks for the note. We're sticking with the recommended version, and it's plenty good enough. Look forward to seeing 1.1.5 when it does come out.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Personally I've been playing with 1.1.4 and I don't remember having any major crash bugs. Force Wrench right-click (not shift-right-click, oddly enough) on a moving turtle is probably the only one.

Big Head Zach

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been answered before. I'm checking out the details of Unleashed using the spreadsheet located at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0VlRkc5M1FHaUhWRkhWaHRyU0E&toomany=true#gid=0

and looking at the notes for which mods are included, but disabled by default. There are notes for the following mods:

Backtools: Client Side Only. Don't use in server
BiomesOPlenty: Disabled to provide the option to use, and configs tested against whole of pack.
NetherOre: Included to test against all other configs, disabled because of game balance disruption.
VenderBlock: Disabled because it's server only, and crashes in creative.
VoxelMap: Client side only.
XenosReliquary: Disabled because it's abuseable.

But there are a number of mods that are disabled without notes:
DeathTimer
Enchanting Plus
Hats
HatStand
PowerConverters

Are there reasons why these are disabled as well? Enchanting Plus and PowerConverters I could see as being balance disruptive, but without notes I can't be sure that's the only purpose for not turning them on. BoP's reason doesn't make sense grammatically, so I assume it's ok to use if you want it, otherwise.

Also, if I re-enable any of these for the server, will I have to require that users enable the same on their side in the Launcher? Would there be an easy way to do this for casual/new players who aren't familiar with Minecraft and would be playing for the first time via the launcher?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies if this has been answered before. I'm checking out the details of Unleashed using the spreadsheet located at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0VlRkc5M1FHaUhWRkhWaHRyU0E&toomany=true#gid=0

and looking at the notes for which mods are included, but disabled by default. There are notes for the following mods:

Backtools: Client Side Only. Don't use in server
BiomesOPlenty: Disabled to provide the option to use, and configs tested against whole of pack.
NetherOre: Included to test against all other configs, disabled because of game balance disruption.
VenderBlock: Disabled because it's server only, and crashes in creative.
VoxelMap: Client side only.
XenosReliquary: Disabled because it's abuseable.

But there are a number of mods that are disabled without notes:
DeathTimer
Enchanting Plus
Hats
HatStand
PowerConverters

Are there reasons why these are disabled as well? Enchanting Plus and PowerConverters I could see as being balance disruptive, but without notes I can't be sure that's the only purpose for not turning them on. BoP's reason doesn't make sense grammatically, so I assume it's ok to use if you want it, otherwise.

Also, if I re-enable any of these for the server, will I have to require that users enable the same on their side in the Launcher? Would there be an easy way to do this for casual/new players who aren't familiar with Minecraft and would be playing for the first time via the launcher?

Death timer was kinda buggy for some people. E plus and Power converters are considered over powered by some. BoP because some simply didn't like it. Hats and hats stands for the same reason.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Or at least post in the proper place with more info that "it borked" ;) that usually gets some people answering
No official FTB personal will respond though. Even if you have so much as one mod installed that in no way relates to the bug they won't help at all.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
No official FTB personal will respond though. Even if you have so much as one mod installed that in no way relates to the bug they won't help at all.

"They" includes me. I try to help. Most of us try to help. We're always learning.
I have enough on my plate with everything else.

Reactions: Thuulstrea

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Great. That's so much better. So you might get help depending on who decides to respond. Cause one time I asked for help and had a couple other minor mods installed the response I got back from the self proclaimed teck expert on staff said that they would not help. :/

Well I guess the luck of the draw is better than nothing. And I sincerely thank those of you who do go out of your way to help us.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Great. That's so much better. So you might get help depending on who decides to respond. Cause one time I asked for help and had a couple other minor mods installed the response I got back from the self proclaimed teck expert on staff said that they would not help. :/

Well I guess the luck of the draw is better than nothing. And I sincerely thank those of you who do go out of your way to help us.

If you add mods to the modpack, then have problem with it, don't post in the Modpack Bugs section. At that point, it's not a modpack bug, at ALL and should be in Tech Support.

[Edit: Issues like these are not high priority. Those of us who work on the support teams have other issues to deal with for users having issues with unmodified packs. When "official" members do help, we're doing it unofficially. We can't support everything.

This thread (mirror image of the article I wrote) will come in handy for you. Note, it's in Tech Support. The Modpack Bugs section rightfully should never have any user created thread, unless it's ACTUALLY a bug. To my knowledge, that section is only available for users to post in because there are many third party/private packs that need somewhere for issues to be reported. Frankly they should each have their own thread, and the Modpack Bugs section shouldn't be available for users to post new threads in.]

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Heyas, silly question, but I've been out of the loop for a bit. Do we still need an HD patcher run this? Like Optifine? Or can we simply drag and drop?

Thanks!

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Heyas, silly question, but I've been out of the loop for a bit. Do we still need an HD patcher run this? Like Optifine? Or can we simply drag and drop?

Thanks!
Drag and drop what? Texturepacks?
If you mean that, Forge has compatibility for up to 128x(iirc) Packs by default since a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.