Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. So I check my ultimate folder and... I see galacticraft, but no MFR. MFR doesnt offer config options and (found the MFR config) galactricraft is in there... why? Any ideas?

Edit: also shows Universal Electricity. Why are these mod configs in a folder for an FTB pack that doesnt include them?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. So I check my ultimate folder and... I see galacticraft, but no MFR. MFR doesnt offer config options and (found the MFR config) galactricraft is in there... why? Any ideas?

Edit: also shows Universal Electricity. Why are these mod configs in a folder for an FTB pack that doesnt include them?

I think the general idea was to include pre-setup configs for mods that could potentially be user added.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, i wish my server admin had known this when we started FTB, we would have added some of these. Thanks a ton of the replies.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
How to make a working "dense ore" age in mystcraft 0.10.5? I have tried everything and I'ts not working for me. I am playing on FTB unleashed
link page, DO symbol page, complete the book as much as possible, and toss in a couple non-fatal instabilities like charged or scorched. this will reduce instability, and improve the odds of you not getting decay, meteors, or explosions, all of which will eventually obliterate the world. you can live with potion effects. block jump 3, get a roof, and you wont get nausea and other surface-based effects. ill assume youre gonna plop down a quarry.

if you have one of the slower decays or meteors, mine out as much as possible and try not to die.
if you have explosions, make sure to have full blast protection, again do as much as possible. don't automate or you will probably lose the setup.
if you have one of the fast decays, like white, abandon the age. you wont get much before the decay gets to you, and its not worth it.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I don't think he's asking for a "stable" or a "manageably unstable" age, just for an age where the ores really are dense. The problem appears to be that there is no distinguishable difference in ore density. I think this has been answered in two ways: modded ores don't increase at all, and vanilla ones only increase a little with each Dense ores page so add more.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
When throwing Eyes of Ender to locate Strongholds, is there anything in FTB that might help pinpoint the position of the EoE when it stops and hovers more accurately that simply eye-balling it? (It "hops" out of position before dropping to the ground, so getting the ground coordinate isn't as exact---and my general strategy is to throw two EoE's from different locations then intersect the lines, so a precise read would be very valuable!)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid tesseracts have unlimited bandwidth, or a bandwidth that's higher than current Minecraft science can measure. If you powerconvert to steam and reconvert to MJ on the other side you have lossless MJ teleportation. You may need more than one steam consumer / producers since the nerf though.
A liquid tesseract can accept up to 100 mB/t per side, so you now need 2 liquid tesseracts per 36HP boiler to fully teleport all the steam (in comparison to the MC 1.4.7 packs, where one tess per boiler was enough).

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
A liquid tesseract can accept up to 100 mB/t per side, so you now need 2 liquid tesseracts per 36HP boiler to fully teleport all the steam (in comparison to the MC 1.4.7 packs, where one tess per boiler was enough).

How can people keep up on these changes? im playin 1.4.7 now but we plan on moving up once this world dies or gets boring... is there a way to find the changes to each mod like this?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5.2 - 1.6, How is everyone auto-inputting impregnated frames into alveary frame housings? I used RedPower Filter and pneumatic tubes in 1.4.7. Ppl using Factorization Routers with furnaces in between alvearies? Any other suggestions?

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Ppl using Factorization Routers with furnaces in between alvearies?
I really like this option, because it's cheaper and more scalable than crafting a half-dozen busses per alveary. I use barrels to connect the alvearies; it looks better than anything stone or metal.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
How can people keep up on these changes? im playin 1.4.7 now but we plan on moving up once this world dies or gets boring... is there a way to find the changes to each mod like this?

Some changes can be found in the modpack changelogs, but for specific stuff, I dig up the individual mod's changelog. Some stuff I just find through experimentation. Some I see on various youtube videos or twitch streams.

Reactions: zorn

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Some changes can be found in the modpack changelogs, but for specific stuff, I dig up the individual mod's changelog. Some stuff I just find through experimentation. Some I see on various youtube videos or twitch streams.
Ya, watching direwolf20 play through the new IC2 changes helps get used to what will be coming down the pipe.[DOUBLEPOST=1378415116][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really like this option, because it's cheaper and more scalable than crafting a half-dozen busses per alveary. I use barrels to connect the alvearies; it looks better than anything stone or metal.
Agreed, but I do like it AE auto-crafting as you need them. Maybe just a level emitter to keep X # of impregnated frames in the system would work, then use a router to distribute.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, but I do like it AE auto-crafting as you need them. Maybe just a level emitter to keep X # of impregnated frames in the system would work, then use a router to distribute.

Exporting directly into the router in craft-only mode will do it on demand since its only got the one inventory slot. That's basically what I did last time I did bees.

Reactions: loboca

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

I personally keep on top of these forums, especially this thread
Just keep a track of the replies on here and you'll learn a lot

Else the wiki's are a source of good, but normally slightly out of date information. So they don't have cutting edge information, but it's still fairly reliable

For cutting edge, you'd have to visit the mods internet page and scour the change logs as they get updated. They'll post technical information that they change there as there's many people who play with figures and numbers as much as the blocks themselves.

Reactions: zorn

ViruzzzDK

Jul 29, 2019
When throwing Eyes of Ender to locate Strongholds, is there anything in FTB that might help pinpoint the position of the EoE when it stops and hovers more accurately that simply eye-balling it? (It "hops" out of position before dropping to the ground, so getting the ground coordinate isn't as exact---and my general strategy is to throw two EoE's from different locations then intersect the lines, so a precise read would be very valuable!)
I don't think this was answered yet. pardons if it was.

I use the compass that comes with most of the packs, I keep going for the same point on the circle edge, in relation to the N, S, E and W markers (I don't know if all the packs have the minimap, I play Unleashed)

You don't need a super precise direction, the fortresses always spawn in a circle around either spawn, or 0,0, I am not entirely sure which, but even a rough heading will get you to the fortress with very good accuracy as they always spawn equally spread out in a circle with a radius of ~700-1100, with a righ direction estimate you should at most be off by 10-20 blocks in the X/Z directions if you are able to follow a straight line path (i.e. if you have a jetpack or equivalent, it is more difficult on foot.)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks@adonis0 and Siro

New question: when looking at a MAC crafting monitor it sometimes say LP - anyone know what LP means?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks@adonis0 and Siro

New question: when looking at a MAC crafting monitor it sometimes say LP - anyone know what LP means?

"It" says? That's about as useful as telling us to call you without mentioning your number :p Screenshot please?