Request Suggest mods for creation here

Direct1221

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I think that'd be difficult, if the servers themselves are not running across the same server-net. :p But the IRC serves as a good in-between platform. :)

I'm not to IRC savvy. Or I would do it that way. I wanted something purely simple. I appreciate the reply though.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not to IRC savvy. Or I would do it that way. I wanted something purely simple. I appreciate the reply though.

Well, from what I remember, there may be bukkit plugins that do that, since there tend to be bukkit plugins to do just about anything. :p

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
beds, power, what?

generates electricity from static cling?

The moment you sleep, the bed starts to produce WOOLEU, a special type of energy that can only be used to get fooofier(and that's not even a word) wool. As foofier your wool goes, the closer you are to get Saice in your bedroom. And then you have a boogie-man problem

Maloviv

Jul 29, 2019
a vacuum mod.
a mod that adds an block/machine that will suck up any item on the in a defined radius and it will out eject the item into the nearest enventory or a pipe.
maybe you could add to the block/machine that will increase the radius or the speed

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
a vacuum mod.
a mod that adds an block/machine that will suck up any item on the in a defined radius and it will out eject the item into the nearest enventory or a pipe.
maybe you could add to the block/machine that will increase the radius or the speed

Use an obsidian pipe with an engine on it, more power=larger radius of sucking

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea for a mod awhile back that deals with a way to generate new power but can easily integrates with all power types. This mod would be a hightech mod and allow for fully working spaceships to be made where you could customize it and at key points you places the specific blocks you wanted and it would control based on that. For example, engine blocks would generate thrust and allow for forward momentum cept without a steering wheel it wouldn't go any other direction, thus including one in the design would allow you to control it.

Power generation would be based off engines and cores. The core could be switched out in the engine to produce a specific type of power at no loss. The core would require it's own materials to be crafted and would be an item that could be inserted into the engine almost in the way that tinker construct allows for patterns to be placed for molds. It would be insanely futuristic at end game thus allow for players to have teleporters to other dimensions, there would be a world creation mechanic almost like mystcraft but would allow more tweaking. No instabilities but for that it would require the right amount of materials based off this.

I'd also like to include modular/multiblock doors where you could connect them based on the size you wanted and it would function with a redstone signal. But this would be a smart door so that if one state was flipped by one switch it would automatically allow for another switch to invert the state.

There would be all sorts of hightech upgrades and even EVO type flight when doing space walks and whatnot. Asteroid mining, ship combat, but more focused on the finding and exploiting of asteroids/worlds. I do like what galactic craft is doing but I feel it's just not got the manpower to go forward to much more.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I've been impressed by all the tech stuff and the beginnings of galactic craft but none feel... unique to space. Sure I can make mystcraft ages but those are only proxies. A bonified space mod is doable it would just require someone knowing java and I know next to nothing about it.

techno156

Jul 29, 2019
I've been impressed by all the tech stuff and the beginnings of galactic craft but none feel... unique to space. Sure I can make mystcraft ages but those are only proxies. A bonified space mod is doable it would just require someone knowing java and I know next to nothing about it.

Well, I would settle for flight/spaceship. :p I personally don't like Galactic-craft that much, but I have no idea why. XD

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
With a large ship moving as a singular entity there would be a multitude of issues.

If you do it like Archemedies ships and just restrict the ship to one chunk that should solve most of them.

Been tossing around the idea of a deep space exploration add-on to galacticraft.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've been mulling about on an addon idea I had for my Keep of Metal and Gold mod, a cyberpunk mod a la Deus Ex and System Shock. It'd work off the same power, but its stuff would be high-tier, endgame stuff including generating power thru micro-singularities and cybernetic body modifications.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
I've been mulling about on an addon idea I had for my Keep of Metal and Gold mod, a cyberpunk mod a la Deus Ex and System Shock. It'd work off the same power, but its stuff would be high-tier, endgame stuff including generating power thru micro-singularities and cybernetic body modifications.

Becoming a swarm of nano machines could be fun.

As for a space mod there are very few ways it could work with the limited minecraft mechanics.

One method makes space as just one singular dimension with planets represented as block structures in the physical world and you would need to navigate your spacecraft near the planet to load the world.

This would have you flying around searching aimlessly for planets much like crossing a 14k block ocean in the current BoP world gen.

Another method would utilize the generation of multiple worlds and would probably fill up your disc space pretty quick. It would most likely work as follows. When you leave the planet a world is generated to represent your solar system. You can travel near any planets within and you would be able to go to them. One block of your space ship should be something called a navigation console anyone using this should be able to set a jump destination to which you can travel to if your ship has a warp drive. Each time you jump to a new system your navigation console should be updated with a list of new nearby solar systems and also contain a larger map to plot known systems.

Now implementing random solar system generation would be rather difficult with this method but random planet generation within could be do-able. Coming up with tons of new unique textures will also be hard.

No matter what you do, the world files that generate with this mod are going to be huge, and when worlds are generated for the first time things will lag hard.

Yet another method is to use what galacticraft is using which is a system of menus, which will in-turn save disc space by not having to generate the space in between worlds. It's a give and take.

Reactions: techno156

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
With a large ship moving as a singular entity there would be a multitude of issues.

If you do it like Archemedies ships and just restrict the ship to one chunk that should solve most of them.

I thought that restriction was removed a few versions ago.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
The limit is still true by default in the config, and there are reasons for that, but yes he added a way to make them larger than 16x16x16. Doing so might very well be laggy on SMP, also players will have to be locked in their seats during the time the ship is in motion.