So rumors are GregT is now an IC2 dev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, does anyone recall precisely how mDiyo and Greg worded it when they said their respective mods are not to be included in the same modpacks? Because this could be an issue if mDiyo said something to the effect of any of Greg's mods rather than Gregtech specifically, since this would mean that any versions of IC2 from this point on could technically be considered one of Greg's mods.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Unlike most of you, I hope he does Gregify IC2, just in moderation. GT is one of my favorite mods, next to IC2 and Thaumcraft. I love some of his nerfs (like the Quarry, Macerator, sometimes plates are good), and I love just about every machine he adds. Greg needs to be monitored, and maybe this will help him understand that his nerfs are going overboard *cough cough* FILE *cough cough*. He also has the best config set up I have ever seen in my 3 years of modded MC playing. I also think that being able to work on a mod like IC2 would make him super happy, since it's one of the first tech mods, and one of the best tech mods (imo). Cudos to Greg.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, does anyone recall precisely how mDiyo and Greg worded it when they said their respective mods are not to be included in the same modpacks?
I really doubt mDiyo would care about this. By all accounts it'll just be some code cleanup and bugfixes (and hopefully GT-style configs), not "Gregifying" IC2.

Even though I wouldn't mind a few of his machines coming in. And some of the unifying stuff, I liked that in Ultimate, kept mods from feeling like distinct, separate tech trees.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I may not like gregs attitude, but he is a good coder. He already has fixes for several major bugs in IC2 and we will probably see them implemented and removed from GT. I have no worries of GregoriousT "gregorizing" IC2. He has his own mod to do that with.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Depends, if he starts adding in his own ideas of "balanced" and "fun", I am dropping it too.[DOUBLEPOST=1376545677][/DOUBLEPOST]
did you actually read that war? One of the biggest things Greg was pissed about that dupe.

Sent from a rich kids phone that I stole. (I'll regift it soon)

Eh...not really, it is more of the wood nerf un-nerf thing mDiyo added.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be very surprised to see Greg add anything to IC2 in terms of features. In fact, I'm very surprised to see him join the team at all! I'm not sure what his motivation was, but he's probably doing it because he was either asked to do it by someone, or because it makes developing GregTech easier for him.

He's long stated that his ultimate goal is to move GregTech away from IC2 altogether. It will become a stand-alone total conversion mod, like Terrafirmacraft is today. He just has so much to implement until then that it's really far off still, and until that day rolls around he'll piggyback off of IC2 because it provides the e-net.

On second thought, maybe that is why he's helping to fix IC2. The e-net's rumored to be extrenely buggy in 1.6 builds, and he needs it. It's the one thing in IC2 he absolutely can't go without. So he's probably joining to bugfix and maintain that, thereby stabilizing the base that GregTech is built on.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like very few of you read my post so I'll quote it again.

Greg isn't there to add new content. He's there to perform bugfixes. In greg's own words "That's what the addon is for"
Can people PLEASE stop mentioning the "gregification" of IC2, or Greg adding features or any of that. It's not going to happen, that's not what he's there for, quit it and give it a rest.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
But, there's always a chance that he could cross that line from bugfixes to "greg improvments". As long as the rest of the IC2 team are monitoring, it shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Loufmier

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like very few of you read my post so I'll quote it again.

Can people PLEASE stop mentioning the "gregification" of IC2, or Greg adding features or any of that. It's not going to happen, that's not what he's there for, quit it and give it a rest.

Unless you've got a time machine in your pocket and have been to the future and seen that he does not ever make any changes, you don't know that he will never do it.

Who's to say that at some point down the road some of the other devs for IC quit and he doesn't take over and start making changes.

Sure, he's not there now to do anything but fix bugs, according to whatever source people are quoting, but that has nothing to do with the future.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
In fact, I'm very surprised to see him join the team at all! I'm not sure what his motivation was, but he's probably doing it because he was either asked to do it by someone, or because it makes developing GregTech easier for him.
It seems likely that he's doing it because while GT was ready for 1.6 in about a week, IC2 didn't seem to be making much progress. Making a fairly popular addon must suck a bit when the base you depend on can't keep up.

Anyway, as SoB has said several times, by all accounts he's there to help fix bugs, not to add new stuff. The IC2 team has been dead set against adding unplanned new features without Alblaka, and I don't see them giving Greg any sort of permission to add stuff they wouldn't have added themselves while Alblaka is MIA. I suppose anything is possible, but that's how I see it at present.

Reactions: jokermatt999

quantumllama

Jul 29, 2019
Should IC2 be absorbed into Gregtech now that Gregtech is much bigger and way more functional, even though it started off as an addon to IC2? In my opinion, yes; even though I don't play Gregtech anymore with the latest changes. But that's not what this discussion is about.

Is it a bad thing that Greg is helping IC2 with bugfixes and updating and stuff? Not really. He is more than capable. I doubt he'll change things to his liking, he has his own mod for that. As long as the two are kept separate I don't see any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.