Question about Biomes O'Plenty & 1.5.2 unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Plains biome, large and flat. :)

BoP did spice it up with some large trees and additional flowers (or is that coming from Natura?), but it's a good old vanilla plains biome.
That'd be natura. Do you see any non-vanilla biomes?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be natura. Do you see any non-vanilla biomes?

Nah, haven't left my house yet. It's waaay too scary outside. :) :)

But serious answer, I only did very limited exploration so far. Mainly to find green slimes and some oil wells. Haven't seen any other barrow hills, but didn't really look for them either.
(And I do think the 2x2 oak trees come from BoP. Natura is adding the Eukalyptus trees, berry bushes and maybe the flowers.)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you enabled BoP, it changes the default vanilla biomes and adds BoP type trees and flowers. This happens regardless if you choose default or Biomes o Plenty world type.

This is why it is disabled by default.

BoP biomes only appear in the overworld if you choose Biomes o Plenty as the world type.

(unless you change the configs yourself.)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Having a look through here just on how to enable mods on the server side
had a quick scan through and you guys have only answered how to do it for a single-player world through the "Edit modpack" button

How do activate it so the server loads with disabled mods?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Having a look through here just on how to enable mods on the server side
had a quick scan through and you guys have only answered how to do it for a single-player world through the "Edit modpack" button

How do activate it so the server loads with disabled mods?

In the /mods/ and /coremods/ folders on the server, disabled mods are labeled with .disabled as their extension. Remove the .disabled to enable them.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
If you type (*.disabled) in your search programs and files you should find them all.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I create a new world with it disabled (till I land in a plains), walk around a couple of hundred blocks, then log out and enable BoP.

Why? To ensure a minimum of default biome worldgen in easy reach of spawn, then you can "walk off" to explore more exotic corners of your world. Just a thought.

sonicdevo

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I share the method I recently used, inspired by un worry's post:

Unleashed Modpack, disabled BOP. Created a new world with default terrain gen. Set waypoints at spawn, and 750m to the N,S,E, and W. Jumped into creative mode, flew between spawn and each (N,S,E,W) waypoint, then between each adjacent cardinal direction waypoint (N->E and W, and S->E and W). Then exit the game, enable BOP in the launcher.

This yielded a map with vanilla biomes over a pretty good area, a couple of villages, and a good variety of biomes.
See Here: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/b1Wf4#

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I share the method I recently used, inspired by un worry's post:

Unleashed Modpack, disabled BOP. Created a new world with default terrain gen. Set waypoints at spawn, and 750m to the N,S,E, and W. Jumped into creative mode, flew between spawn and each (N,S,E,W) waypoint, then between each adjacent cardinal direction waypoint (N->E and W, and S->E and W). Then exit the game, enable BOP in the launcher.

This yielded a map with vanilla biomes over a pretty good area, a couple of villages, and a good variety of biomes.
See Here: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/worlds/b1Wf4#

Good idea -- I will fly your diamond pattern next time.

Aside from the odd terrain changes on the chunk boundaries between vanilla and BoP, it does make for a nice starting world :)

Minecraft World map -- cool, never seen this before.

SicK

Jul 29, 2019
I created a world with BoP enabled in the pack but disabled it via config (B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=false). I didn´t move away from spawn at all because I just wanted to try things out and exited Minecraft, enabled BoP in the config (B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=true), went to my world and flew arund 1000 blocks away from spawn but BoP biomes don´t seem to generate at all... Is there any way to get BoP to generate or did I miss something?

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I created a world with BoP enabled in the pack but disabled it via config (B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=false). I didn´t move away from spawn at all because I just wanted to try things out and exited Minecraft, enabled BoP in the config (B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=true), went to my world and flew arund 1000 blocks away from spawn but BoP biomes don´t seem to generate at all... Is there any way to get BoP to generate or did I miss something?

Yeah, you need to change the world type. If you're on SSP, then I think it's selectable when you generate the world, on a server, you need to edit the server.properties files to change level-type=DEFAULT to level-type=BIOMESOP.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I hate it when you enable BoP for pre-existing default terrain worlds. Results in chunk cut-offs.

flummox

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to make a SSP world WITH the Biomes O' Plenty added in. I have enabled in in the modpack launcher, yet I do not see an option to add them in when you generate the world. I only have three options: Default, Superflat, and Large Biomes.

How do I do this on a non-server world?

flummox

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
no idea what a necro post is, but thank you for the help on the config info.

Necropost means that you posted in an old thread, thus bringing it back to the top... or "bringing it back from the dead" like a necromancer ;)

CapnStoobie

Jul 29, 2019
Help! I have followed the instructions in this post (and other posts) but cannot enable Biomes O Plenty on my FTB Unleashed server (1.1.3).

This is what I have tried so far:
  1. Added the BOP mod on the client
  2. Edited the server.properties files to change level-type=DEFAULT to level-type=BIOMESOP
  3. Deleted ".disabled" from the BOP filename in the mods folder
  4. Enabled BOP in the config (B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=true)
  5. Flew a long distance around my existing world to generate new chunks
  6. Deleted my "world" folder to force the server to generate a new world from scratch.
All I ever see are normal biomes, never any BOP biomes. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?