Question about Biomes O'Plenty & 1.5.2 unleashed

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
This mod always seems nice on the surface, but it's too much. All the biomes are basically cosmetic and many don't play well with other mods. Some problems are cactus, rubber tree, towns/npcs, , thaumcraft trees, other types of biome-specific items, and other items that mods spawn on the surface of only vanilla biomes.

I made a world and flew in one direction for 30 minutes and there wasn't a single village, rubber tree, cactus. I don't think i'll ever use this mod. :(

Help! I have followed the instructions in this post (and other posts) but cannot enable Biomes O Plenty on my FTB Unleashed server (1.1.3).

This is what I have tried so far:
  1. Added the BOP mod on the client
  2. Edited the server.properties files to change level-type=DEFAULT to level-type=BIOMESOP
  3. Deleted ".disabled" from the BOP filename in the mods folder
  4. Enabled BOP in the config (B:"Add Biomes To Default World"=true)
  5. Flew a long distance around my existing world to generate new chunks
  6. Deleted my "world" folder to force the server to generate a new world from scratch.
All I ever see are normal biomes, never any BOP biomes. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Try skipping step 2, it shouldn't be needed with step 4.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this sucks. I just recently started an SSP world and figured adding BoP would be enough to get BoP generation. No wonder it's been bland so far. Seriously, 2 steps? Is it really that toxic that enabling it isn't enough. Cripes.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
In my BoP world, I quite quickly found both cactus and a desert village. I'm sure you've just had bad luck. This has happened to me playing vanilla.