New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that RedPower and XyCraft are missing from the new mod pack. I would like to migrate my world from FTB Ultimate to FTB Unleashed and am worried about what will happen because of missing mods. Will items and blocks from missing mods just disappear or will this prevent the map from loading? Any way to convert the map with some tool removing missing items/blocks?

Lack of GregTech does not bother me at all. GT was a pain for me anyway and I had to reconfigure it many many times since it prevents one from building some machines or at least makes it very long. Lack of RedPower is problematic because I was using it for my sorting system. BuildCraft-based sorting is unreliable, causing items to spit on the floor, and a BC sorting system is quite cumbersome with pipes going in all directions from diamond pipes. I explored applied energistics, but it just crashes the game in FTB Ultimate. Is it better in FTB Unleased?

No XyCraft means no tanks. Maybe BuildCraft tanks would work, although they are smaller, I could try. I didn't like Railcraft's Iron Tanks: too complicated to make, no way to remember the parts needed and no documentation about the constraints on the layout, you have to refer to YouTube videos.

Is there any future plan to get RedPower and XyCraft back?

Besides of this, the packs seem great and look forward to play them.

I know its been said tons of times, and a quick search on the forums would have given you your answer, but I will say it nonetheless for brevity.

- Redpower : nobody knows. What everybody suspects though (at least its my opinion), is that it will never be ever be updated ever again. Some modders are working on replacement mods, but the real thing? Nope.
- Xycraft : it will be back for 1.6, but will not be compatible with older version, not even close, at all.

TLDNR: You won't be able to switch your Ultimate world to an Unleashed world, or to any other future 1.6 pack. Not possible, unless you like your world being broken to unrecognizable bits.

The good news is, there are tons of new mods that are just as good or even way better for sorting items or fluids, like Logistic Pipes or Applied Energistics, and some others. And for redstone, it might not be as pretty as Eloraam's redwires, but MFR got you covered for functionality.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. No Redpower for a long time. No XYcraft until 1.6. Which won't be for a few more months. If you don't think you can make it I would have a world reset. Applied energistics is a lot better in 1.5. Other mods are in the works for replacing Redpower. For tanks. Railcraft tanks are the way to go, and when you hover over them a tooltip shows all the possible layouts. Hope I helped. Like?

ummm a few more months for 1.6? It's here now you know, a lot of mods are already updated to it (not really enough for FTB tho)

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
ummm a few more months for 1.6? It's here now you know, a lot of mods are already updated to it (not really enough for FTB tho)
Well, when was minecraft 1.5 released and how long did it take to get a stable pack for that. My guess is ftb 1.6 beta mid-late September.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019

iRandomness

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody else seem to be getting a strange issue where every BoP item is called "Unnamed"? So far I've reset the world & re-downloaded Unleashed 1.1.2 (Twice). Not sure what else there is to do. Any ideas?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody else seem to be getting a strange issue where every BoP item is called "Unnamed"? So far I've reset the world & re-downloaded Unleashed 1.1.2 (Twice). Not sure what else there is to do. Any ideas?

It's a known bug that's being looked in to. There are also other problems such as some missing textures as well.

Mckma

Jul 29, 2019
Oh so that is a bug? I question myself about that too. I though it has something to do with the NEI

Yes, there are a lot of reports on the various modpack bug reports (I saw them on Unleashed), and it has been acknowledged by forum mods....

Jaeden

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when was minecraft 1.5 released and how long did it take to get a stable pack for that. My guess is ftb 1.6 beta mid-late September.

Yeah that sounds like a right time, do to alot of the mods have to get to 1.6 then the FTB team needs to mess around with the configs to make it so they all can work well together..

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Well optifine wasn't working with it so i had to fiddle with the file to get it to work, it would be easier for others to just include it.

Works just fine for me, been using Optifine with every version of FTB I've ever played.

Toreishii

Jul 29, 2019

Go back to version 5.5 of BoP and that fixes it, the only solution so far that has worked for me.

xCouzchat7

Jul 29, 2019
Just notice that wyld is integrating the new update to the 1.1.3 too. So nice. Don't have to revert back to 0.5.5

One question here, does Unleashed BoP already included BoP integration add on mod?
BoP integration: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1727516-147-bop-integration-add-on-for-biomes-o-plenty-v051/

Because i can't find anything about this in the goole docs

The developer of that addon joined the BOP team, so that is already integraded with Biomes O Plenty.

Reactions: reddvilzz

adracamas

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I would like to point out in Unleashed. The Clear Glass item breaks instantly even in survival mode. Maybe the durability could be amped up next update? How do I put a 'ticket' in for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.