New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSeanCZ

Jul 29, 2019
in w
Twitter updates from slowpoke on these packs:

i.e. Unhinged is going to go live today without changes, DW20 pack has some small changes and is going live today, Unleashed has some small changes and is going live today.

Also, a couple of tweets that followed noted that new mods will be added to Unleashed in the future, but they shouldn't need any new world gen.

in which hour ??

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Additional precision on Xycraft compatibilities in addition to the fluid changes in Forge : I believe it was also mentioned on twitter that Soaryn is changing how he handles block IDs (it's been a while since he mentioned that one). He's aiming at reducing the number of IDs he uses to only a few for his 1.6 release, automatically making any map made on 1.4.7 with Xycraft incompatible with any future Xycraft release (for 1.6+). It's not just having a block having an ID changed to a different ID, if I understood well it's having multiple blocks having their ID merged into a single (or only a few) ID. He's also removing some blocks which he thought redundant/useless (I think either the Xychorium platforms and/or structures blocks but I don't quite remember which one(s) it was).

It means that any 1.4.7 map that uses Xycraft will not work at all in 1.6, and very likely break the world bad if somebody ever tries to, even with manual ID tweaks.

I kinda like Xycraft's xychorium blocks (especially their anti-spawn properties). Too bad an official 1.6 pack probably won't exist for a couple months still.

In the meantime, I think Unleashed is a nice pack.

Ah that to. And the redundant blocks might have to do with his new block coloring system. Don't need red green and blue ones if you can make any block any color.

foxboy100

Jul 29, 2019
Um, this might not be related and someone may have already mentioned this, but some of the textures in FTB Unleashed are broken. The torches and uranium are messed up for me.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm i got some question here. If anyone willing to answer it.

In this unleashed i added some other mods ex: ars and re adjust the conflicted item id. So when unleashed updated to 0.10 i believe, then i add the mods ex: ars magica back to the latest version of unleashed and copy the id config that i have been fixing from the old unleashed version to the new version will it works? Or do i have to adjust the id all again?

If anyone could understand what i'm saying.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm i got some question here. If anyone willing to answer it.

In this unleashed i added some other mods ex: ars and re adjust the conflicted item id. So when unleashed updated to 0.10 i believe, then i add the mods ex: ars magica back to the latest version of unleashed and copy the id config that i have been fixing from the old unleashed version to the new version will it works? Or do i have to adjust the id all again?

If anyone could understand what i'm saying.

From Slowpoke's twitter, "Worlds from Beta packs should mostly be okay" with respect to the unleashed/direwolf20/unhinged. Unhinged won't really have any changes from beta to public. Unleashed and Direwolf20 have a few mod updates, replace open cc sensors w/ open peripherals and it looks like WRCBE and Vanilla Microblocks will be added.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
From Slowpoke's twitter, "Worlds from Beta packs should mostly be okay" with respect to the unleashed/direwolf20/unhinged. Unhinged won't really have any changes from beta to public. Unleashed and Direwolf20 have a few mod updates, replace open cc sensors w/ open peripherals and it looks like WRCBE and Vanilla Microblocks will be added.

Um what i meant is not the world. But the item id config from extra mods i put. I know that compatibility and notice that already

The Mobius Archives

Mar 31, 2013
www.youtube.com
Um what i meant is not the world. But the item id config from extra mods i put. I know that compatibility and notice that already

I think the general consensus will be that it should work. With the usual back up your folders disclaimer before updating. However, if the mods stay as they are and the mods do not add blocks or items then your updated configs should still work. Of course you're now savvy enough to know how to check for a conflict on start-up and resolve them if absolutely necessary.

Reactions: reddvilzz

frannic

Jul 29, 2019
and now unleashed is gone again??
I just started the game, now when i start the launcher Unleashed is gone.
So i got the unleashed version on my hard drive, but ik can't play it because the modpack.xml is being downloaded.
Also, unleashed is removed from this file....

Status
Not open for further replies.