New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand: these three packs SHOULD be forward compatible with 1.6. If that is the case, how would worlds created with these packs react to mods like Redpower 2 and Xycraft, if they were to be added later with the 1.6 update?

I guess what I'm asking is if you start a world with Unleashed, Unhinged, or DW_20 modpacks, will it require another restart at the 1.6 update to add Redpower, Xycraft (assuming they are released for it), or some other mod similar to those?[DOUBLEPOST=1374962235][/DOUBLEPOST]

I had this problem too. I was using 32 bit Java instead of 64 bit. Once I was using the right one, everything was good. Maybe try that?

No one knows about red power. In theory all you need to do would be a new mystcraft world or some new chunks.
Xycraft for 1.6 though. Its supposed to be a world killer. Or at least incompatible with worlds made with old versions.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Daemonblue, are they all in the same small space? If they don't have lots of room to move, or they all try to crowd into one section, they will push each other through single walls. Two-block thick walls will stop them from going through completely, though they will then suffocate when pushed into a wall if the top layer isn't partially not there, like fences.

IF this is the problem, could easily be something else. This is a vanilla problem that's been there for a long time.

Each villager has his separate cell, so it's not one villager pushing another through.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
No one knows about red power. In theory all you need to do would be a new mystcraft world or some new chunks.
Xycraft for 1.6 though. Its supposed to be a world killer. Or at least incompatible with worlds made with old versions.

I didn't think this was the case, going from what Soaryn said via twitter, that if he did a 1.5.2 release of Xycraft then the world would break when updating to 1.6. I'm sure nothing was mentioned if you didn't have Xycraft from before 1.6 since Sorayn even said, to go ahead and make worlds now since Xycraft would have the ability to regen it's worldgen. That says to me worlds wont break from 1.5.2 to 1.6.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think this was the case, going from what Soaryn said via twitter, that if he did a 1.5.2 release of Xycraft then the world would break when updating to 1.6. I'm sure nothing was mentioned if you didn't have Xycraft from before 1.6 since Sorayn even said, to go ahead and make worlds now since Xycraft would have the ability to regen it's worldgen. That says to me worlds wont break from 1.5.2 to 1.6.

Yes this is how I understood it to be as well, unless something has changed since then ?

Blackkyuubi6

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a trick for the Direwolf pack? There is no code listed in the link and it doesn't show up on my pack list.

Vaendryl

Jul 29, 2019
{edited out uneeded attack}
the main differences between unleased and dire's pack are:

unique unleashed mods (dire's doesn't have these):
AdvancedPowerManagement
AdvancedSolarPanels
BackTools
DamageIndicators
DartCraft
DeathTimer
DenPipes
Enchanting Plus
FlatSigns
GateCopy
GraviSuite
MPSAddons
NetherOre
NuclearControl
OpenPeripheral
Vender Block
XenosReliquary

unique dire mods (unleashed doesn't have these):
AdditionalBuildcraftObjects
Hats
HatStand
MFFS Calclavia
Translocators

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

To be precise the issue seems to be a change in forge from using liquids to fluids. I don't know what that means besides a change in terms. But that'll effect any world that uses liquids.
So what he said was that he wouldn't bother making a 1.5.2 release since he would have to re-wright it all over again for the 1.6 release.
So many other mods will probably be effected. Though it only seems to be a critical issue with Xycraft tanks. And it'll effect alll worlds that used old liquid system. Witch is all worlds. Now it was suggested that simply destroying tanks in old worlds would be enough to make them compatible with the new worlds systems. By He stated that that would not be the case.
HOWEVER. At the time the 1.6 system didn't exist. And he implied that these things were only likely to be an issue. Until he makes a definitive statement about it one way or another it is all uncertain. So I would not recommend making anything you want to keep.

Vaendryl

Jul 29, 2019
oh wow. when they said these packs are unstable and still in beta they weren't kidding. I crashed 4 times in just a few hours.

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
oh wow. when they said these packs are unstable and still in beta they weren't kidding. I crashed 4 times in just a few hours.

I've played for like 30 hours and only crashed once (when trying to right click an ungrown tree fruit)

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
To be precise the issue seems to be a change in forge from using liquids to fluids. I don't know what that means besides a change in terms. But that'll effect any world that uses liquids.
So what he said was that he wouldn't bother making a 1.5.2 release since he would have to re-wright it all over again for the 1.6 release.
So many other mods will probably be effected. Though it only seems to be a critical issue with Xycraft tanks. And it'll effect alll worlds that used old liquid system. Witch is all worlds. Now it was suggested that simply destroying tanks in old worlds would be enough to make them compatible with the new worlds systems. By He stated that that would not be the case.
HOWEVER. At the time the 1.6 system didn't exist. And he implied that these things were only likely to be an issue. Until he makes a definitive statement about it one way or another it is all uncertain. So I would not recommend making anything you want to keep.

Ok just hunted down the tweet, someone random asked Soaryn on the 22nd July if there was a required map reset from 1.5 to 1.6, he stated that it wasn't required and retro gen on existing worlds is what will happen. Unless he's wrong (And since it's recent 1.6.2 does exist) then I'd say 1.6 wont break worlds

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ok just hunted down the tweet, someone random asked Soaryn on the 22nd July if there was a required map reset from 1.5 to 1.6, he stated that it wasn't required and retro gen on existing worlds is what will happen. Unless he's wrong (And since it's recent 1.6.2 does exist) then I'd say 1.6 wont break worlds

Then I guess it's 1.4 can't be updated to 1.6 and 1.5 can. :/

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019

Forged completely changed how liquids are handled, which requires the reset.

Vaendryl

Jul 29, 2019
I've played for like 30 hours and only crashed once (when trying to right click an ungrown tree fruit)

well, it turned out there was something wrong with lwjgl (specifically OpenAL64.dll) so I had to download version 2.90 manually and overwrite a few files and I haven't crashed since. the new launcher is supposed to keep this up to date but something got pooched.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
well, it turned out there was something wrong with lwjgl (specifically OpenAL64.dll) so I had to download version 2.90 manually and overwrite a few files and I haven't crashed since. the new launcher is supposed to keep this up to date but something got pooched.
Last I checked the new launcher isn't out yet. And that was five seconds ago.
This is what the new launcher will look like.
BLTIvjiCQAEJk16.jpg:large

Do to be released with the 1.6 packs.

nukedpiggy

Jul 29, 2019
That is amazing i lik how it has snapshot I wonder if it would be possible to port over the packs we entered codes for like direwolf pack

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Additional precision on Xycraft compatibilities in addition to the fluid changes in Forge : I believe it was also mentioned on twitter that Soaryn is changing how he handles block IDs (it's been a while since he mentioned that one). He's aiming at reducing the number of IDs he uses to only a few for his 1.6 release, automatically making any map made on 1.4.7 with Xycraft incompatible with any future Xycraft release (for 1.6+). It's not just having a block having an ID changed to a different ID, if I understood well it's having multiple blocks having their ID merged into a single (or only a few) ID. He's also removing some blocks which he thought redundant/useless (I think either the Xychorium platforms and/or structures blocks but I don't quite remember which one(s) it was).

It means that any 1.4.7 map that uses Xycraft will not work at all in 1.6, and very likely break the world bad if somebody ever tries to, even with manual ID tweaks.

I kinda like Xycraft's xychorium blocks (especially their anti-spawn properties). Too bad an official 1.6 pack probably won't exist for a couple months still.

In the meantime, I think Unleashed is a nice pack.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Twitter updates from slowpoke on these packs:
Slowpoke101 @Slowpoke101 37m
FTB Unhinged - Considered stable, released to public some time today. No changes from beta version.

Slowpoke101 @Slowpoke101 37m
Direwolf20 1.5.2 Pack considered stable, small changelog to come. Released to the public today. Worlds from beta packs should be mostly OK

Slowpoke101 @Slowpoke101 36m
FTB Unleashed1.5.2 Pack considered stable small changelog to come. Released to the public today. Worlds from beta packs should be mostly OK

Slowpoke101 @Slowpoke101 34m
Changelog highlight - Open CC Sensors removed and replaced with Open Peripherals. Other than that its just a few mod updates.
i.e. Unhinged is going to go live today without changes, DW20 pack has some small changes and is going live today, Unleashed has some small changes and is going live today.

Also, a couple of tweets that followed noted that new mods will be added to Unleashed in the future, but they shouldn't need any new world gen.

Reactions: Jerx99
Status
Not open for further replies.