Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

flappy

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/frIF4a3,v3wvMQ5

I'm just speechless.

This thread has been locked. Continuing to report content from this thread will result in unfavorable results towards the persons spamming our reported items list. Leave it. This is added as a warning for people who might be starting from the beginning of the thread. ~Jadedcat

Reactions: TheAtomicOption

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
That appears to be an alternate recipe or you fucked up your configs. I would say the biggest change lately in GregTech is that crafting a log into planks only gives you 2 planks now. I couldn't find the config for it.

flappy

Jul 29, 2019
That appears to be an alternate recipe or you fucked up your configs. I would say the biggest change lately in GregTech is that crafting a log into planks only gives you 2 planks now. I couldn't find the config for it.
That's a GT v3.10 change.
So are the logs.

kenken244

Jul 29, 2019
Another new feature is that you can disable ALL of greg's recipe nerfs (including bronze and tin buckets) with a single config change, if you want.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Where's that one? I'd love to use it.

Its more of joke, changing it makes the bronze recipe give you 111 bronze the tin bucket recipe gives you the same number of buckets. Greg's way of saying that you can use them to get unlimited, may as well just save you time.
I personally removed GregTech from my LAN server as these latest changes are just fucking preposterous, if I wanted it this hard I would play with Better than Wolves.

Reactions: TheAtomicOption

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Its more of joke, changing it makes the bronze recipe give you 111 bronze the tin bucket recipe gives you the same number of buckets. Greg's way of saying that you can use them to get unlimited, may as well just save you time.
I personally removed GregTech from my LAN server as these latest changes are just fucking preposterous, if I wanted it this hard I would play with Better than Wolves.

BTW offers an actual challenge... as well as an annoying author to boot!

Reactions: schyman

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
BTW hard? Unforgiving maybe but hard?

OP: I'm wondering how many item ids he plans on using in some of these down right ludicrous recipes.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
This can be avoided with TiC I guess.

Who uses vanilla iron tools anymore anyway?

I do agree that this is insanity though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that greg's now getting a bit too crazy with everything.
he's going towards mods like BTW and TFC, but he has the problem his mod relies on other mods

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Well I am pretty sure this is a joke because I just checked out the changelog and I don't see anything mentioning this.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If this is indeed for real, he's taking things a bit too far. There is a fine line to walk, which we all call balance. He's not thinking things through, he's just kinda trying to make GT the epitome of hard, as to create a legacy, rather than an enjoyable mod, if this is indeed not a joke.

Though balancing in multiplayer is extremely difficult, due to the exploits making it easy for anybody to become "king", I think the point of FTB is to build these systems, perfect these systems, automate these systems, sustain these systems and maintain them. However you go about it, as long as it doesn't effect the work of others, like really... Unless there is some sort of server-wide economic system going, where these exploits can directly impact the enjoyability of the game for others... Even then, I highly doubt anybody is smart enough to create, let alone maintain such a system successfully. I can already think of so many variables that would require at least a team dedicated to managing that, as per my post in that other thread.

Even the non-GT IC2, as easy as it is, has merit for those who aren't as technically inclined as me or other players. It still allows them a chance to delve into the world which we call in real life, engineering, without having to be one or in training. Playing at my level, well, yeah. You think FTB is hard...

FTB is a game.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Well I am pretty sure this is a joke because I just checked out the changelog and I don't see anything mentioning this.
I am playing latest gregtech and just had to do this myself. you need a hammer, some new tool called a file and instead of ingots you need plates. For a simple sword. OMG! sigh so annoying

Reactions: Riuga

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Gregorium Ingot.

Are there still people that think Gregtech is not a joke?

In case you don't know what a Gregorium Ingot is, look up flint and steel's recipe in NEI, it's the alternative recipe.

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
but how do you make the plates don't you need a plate bending machine which is a mid game thing. whereas a iron sword IMHO is very early. Man greg sucks I love the stuff he adds but I don't like his nerfs

Status
Not open for further replies.