Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
A few quick things ..

Firstly, it is *possible* that a shift from a beta to release in 1.5.2 will break worlds, and in a spectacular nature. Yes, there are important reasons for this, but discussions behind the scenes will continue and we will make the best decision we can. The main reason for such is to make itemIDs *sane* behind the scenes. I've been far more occupied in getting something to work than to remap itemIDs at the same time .. plus this action would have taken me even longer to get a game out to you. End of the day, it's a win/lose no matter which path is taken .. and worlds can be rebuilt.

Secondly, as I tweeted, I'm currently testing the 0.7.1 pack and checking to see what's what. An ETA on an ETA is estimated to be soon.

Oh, and I added in a few other mods. Check the spreadsheet for details, and a more full discussion will occur once we get to that stage.

Finally .. head colds freaking suck.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the info, Wyld. Greatly appreciate you keeping us posted.

Here's the spreadsheet link again, for anyone who wants to look: link

Summary: MPS-Addons, Nether Ores and Secret rooms are being added. The last two will be disabled by default.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also pushing the vendor mod to disabled by default .. due to creative crash issues and, it's more or less something you may want in multiplayer only. No need for it to be enabled by default, it's there if you need it though.

Good way to avoid that crash, is not to spawn it in via creative. You cheaters :p

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also pushing the vendor mod to disabled by default .. due to creative crash issues and, it's more or less something you may want in multiplayer only. No need for it to be enabled by default, it's there if you need it though.

Good way to avoid that crash, is not to spawn it in via creative. You cheaters :p

Hay now some of us spawned it just to play with it and see what it was. You want us to skip that step go poke whoever is in charge of the wiki and have them get to work.

Here's a list of what's added to the 1.7.1 pack for those to lazy to go look.
CreeperCollateral (Keeps blocks from being distroyed be creepers. They'll break but you'll be able to pick them back up. YAY )
MPSAddons
NetherOre
SecretRooms

Nice. Any reason Reliquary was left out ?
Coin of fortune is a must :)

This is a good question.
Zeno's reliquary is a good mod.

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
I need to speak to X3n0 about that. There are issues with the mod as it currently stands, so if we can find a stable release that he's happy with .. hmm ..

Mind you, truth be told there's already a metric tonne of mods in this pack ;)

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
The only mods I've added manually are Treecapitator, Flat Bedrock, Durability 101 and Extra Biomes XL, which all seem to be playing nicely together.

Going to put together a sphax pack this weekend as well, to get me some lovely textures going on.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
The only mods I've added manually are Treecapitator, Flat Bedrock, Durability 101 and Extra Biomes XL, which all seem to be playing nicely together.

Going to put together a sphax pack this weekend as well, to get me some lovely textures going on.

That Durability 101 mod looks nice. We should put together a thread for recommended pack addons. Things that wouldn't be added to the packs normally.
Basically the opposite rules of the suggestion thread we have now.[DOUBLEPOST=1372413579][/DOUBLEPOST]
I need to speak to X3n0 about that. There are issues with the mod as it currently stands, so if we can find a stable release that he's happy with .. hmm ..

Mind you, truth be told there's already a metric tonne of mods in this pack ;)

My general rule of thumb for a good mod would be something every body would use.
And ether the coin of fortune or Sojourner's Staff alone would make this mod worth it.
Try playing with the coin of fortune and Sojourner's Staff for a while and see how painful it is to be without. :D

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019

I guess you dont know that CoFH got the option for flat bedrock.

go to CoFH folder - world.cfg and change both things to true.

# This will flatten the bedrock layer to a single block in height.
B:FlatBedrock=false
# If FlatBedrock is enabled, this will enforce it in previously generated chunks.
B:RetroactiveFlatBedrock=false

Reactions: Shadowise

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
It's funny, because you think I haven't used them before :p

More I though that they were often overlooked. After all Direwolf only made it first Coin of fortune a couple of episodes back. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1372415572][/DOUBLEPOST]

Stable release. His current release is unstable? Then I to take it that means he dousen't update his forum page often?
This is what It reads there.
"Currently Known Issues - (aka, next changelog)
Spoiler: I think I've managed to resolve all the quirks, finally, but there's a bunch of crap that I want to do, so expect this list to grow."

Wyld

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I chatted with x3n0 .. I think it was three days ago .. he was unhappy with a bunch of things pushed to code. As I said, I'd like to confirm with him .. not saying no.

Indeed, I'll add it in, but make it disabled by default. There, best of both worlds :D

turtlelord

Jul 29, 2019
And ether the coin of fortune or Sojourner's Staff alone would make this mod worth it.
Try playing with the coin of fortune and Sojourner's Staff for a while and see how painful it is to be without. :D

Xeno mod lol, everything it has that is good is better in MPSA, and Xeno's emc system needs to die, doesn't belong with Gregtech.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Xeno mod lol, everything it has that is good is better in MPSA, and Xeno's emc system needs to die, doesn't belong with Gregtech.

EMC? As in Energy Matter Converter? As in EE1 and 2?
If so. Wrong guy wrong mod. EE1/2 is lone since dead. EE3 is made by Pahimar. And ECM hasn't even bin implemented in EE3. And is being reworked from the ground up with balance in mind.
Expect the future EMC system to work more or less like an improved version of the Matter fab. As in you'll have to pay out the nose to get anything good.
And before you say it the Minimum stone isn't complete yet. What your looking at is a temporary recipe.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That being said, an enterprising modder has begun resurrecting the Condenser from EE2, in the form of the Energy Manipulator mod.
Better hope he didn't just crib the code from the old EE2. That's not allowed. That code is still the private property of Palmer. Even just coping the base concept is a bit of a gray aria. And it looks like far more than that was copied.

Status
Not open for further replies.