Ultimate 1.5.2 ... Greg vs mDiyo

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

FivEven

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why Greg would use a vanilla block. My assumption was that after the temporary macerating recipe, he would implement some new complex and undocumented multi-block system to handle this one capability of smelting blocks for ingots. That would have made more Greg-sense.

I sincerely hope that mDiyo does not cave to Greg's terrorist tactics... (In the end, I also hope something positive will come of all this.)

Reactions: wow

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
He's a very dedicated proponent of GT, having been the only one to defend him throughout this entire thread.

No. I'm a proponent of facts and reality. Something GT haters need large doses of.

There is plenty in GT I don't like. That's why there's a config file. Because that config file exists, there's no need for anybody to bitch and moan about things.[DOUBLEPOST=1372325050][/DOUBLEPOST]
yaaaaaa... Im just joining your team dude. Theres no way he honestly believes what he types.

Of course I do, because it's true.

You must have some sort of disease brought on by twitter and facebook. This is the second time on this thread you've posted just to tell people - who largely don't give a rats ass - what you're doing.[DOUBLEPOST=1372325128][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe mDiyo's position - and I'm totally making this up right here - is that TC is meant to be played as a standalone mod and he doesn't care whether it breaks other mods at all. Even then, Greg is STILL the one responsible for fixing any imbalance he decides is caused when TC and GT run together, even if that fix is "disable all of X" or even just a carpet bomb "disable TC when GT is installed". That's what we in the rational world call "trying to solve the problem".

Recognizing duping as a problem does not make the person who recognized it responsible.

Reactions: tehBlobLord

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Recognizing duping as a problem does not make the person who recognized it responsible.

See, here is where the misunderstanding is. The dupe bug ISN'T isolated to TC. If you're playing TC alone or with basically anything aside from IC2 with Gregtech, the item's behavior is not a problem. It only becomes a problem when you add IC2 and GT. Thus: not mDiyo's responsibility.

Reactions: Loufmier

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
See, here is where the misunderstanding is. The dupe bug ISN'T isolated to TC. If you're playing TC alone or with basically anything aside from IC2 with Gregtech, the item's behavior is not a problem. It only becomes a problem when you add IC2 and GT. Thus: not mDiyo's responsibility.

Once again: It's a problem even if Tinker's Construct is the only mod installed. You're confusing "dupe loop" for "dupe", with GT installed it's a dupe loop. In vanilla, it's a dupe.

Furthermore, this is a bug / design flaw that will crop up in the future everytime any other mod adds a smeltable block. It is the act of fortune on such blocks that is operating in an unexpected manner, and it's the act of fortune on those blocks that has to adjust, not the act of smelting those blocks.

Reactions: Bomb Bloke

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Because that config file exists, there's no need for anybody to bitch and moan about things.
tell this to greg.
its seems to me, that its ironic that mod author of highly configurable mod, that SCREAMS:"use the fucking config and fuck off", doesnt use em to fix bugs.

reverandraptor

Jul 29, 2019

IC2 and Gregtech work completely fine with every other mod. It's only a problem when you have TC installed.

See. It's a two way street. In my opinion, they both need to get their heads out of their asses and simply fix it. I disagree with Greg spamming his mods users with the notice, but I also disagree that this is Greg's fault.

I'm not saying it's TC's fault though either. Any time you take two big mods, and put them together, you're gonna end up with incompatibilities. That's what FTB is meant to fix. In my opinion, I'd think the easiest way to fix the issue would be for TC to implement a blacklist that other mod creators can use to make the fortune dupe not affect certain blocks. Then, it falls on the other mod makers to make sure to blacklist anything that could be duped with the feature.

It's called compatibility, and when mod makers are volunteering to make their mods compatible with a pack, it's all of their responsibility to make it work.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Y'all are lucky I am not interested in going through and warning/timeing out all the rule breaking in this thread . I am locking this thread for fighting,whining, and general flame war. If you start another thread and ends up the same way I will bop all y'all on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.