Ultimate 1.5.2 ... Greg vs mDiyo

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I think what's Greg's doing is preety stupid. I mean, it makes more sense to be compressed, but why smelted?
So he's essentialy saying "Oh, I decided that people should not be able to uncraft storage blocks and that they need a furnace to freaking get it back and now someone managed to bug it out so it's his fault."
Greg, I'm getting tired of your shit.
You should change.
Not the others.
Your machines are cool.
Your balance ideas?
Not so much.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
The smelting recipes are just logical. You use a compressor to basically smelt the ingots into a more space-efficient block, how in the hell are you going to break a block of pure metal apart with your bare hands?

Also, I never realized just how vehement some people are about Greg hate... I mean, I can get not liking a mod, and that's perfectly understandable. Gregtech isn't for everyone. But now you're just spamming this thread with what is basically "I HATE GREG".

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The smelting recipes are just logical. You use a compressor to basically smelt the ingots into a more space-efficient block, how in the hell are you going to break a block of pure metal apart with your bare hands?

Also, I never realized just how vehement some people are about Greg hate... I mean, I can get not liking a mod, but now you're just spamming this thread with what is basically "I HATE GREG".
They need to be uncrafted - not burned - without GT.
And apparently, Greg's likes for stuff I don't understand plus a mobile macerator at the cost of lapis from mDyo = exploit.
Yay!
That would never have happened if Greg hadn't decided to do it.
It doesn't happen in ShneekeyCraft.
Simply because it doesn't have GT.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always

Also, I never realized just how vehement some people are about Greg hate... I mean, I can get not liking a mod, and that's perfectly understandable. Gregtech isn't for everyone. But now you're just spamming this thread with what is basically "I HATE GREG".
What I specifically dislike is that he is abusing a method of giving relevant information to players as a soapbox for his own personal opinion on someone else's mod.

I don't give a hang about his balance, or his machines, or his pricing... I don't use his mod so they don't apply to me. I do have a problem with the behavior pattern of abusing the communication channel designed to inform players of updates to bitch, whine, moan, complain, and use improper examples as he attacks another mod author. That is inappropriate behavior, regardless of the circumstances.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
What I specifically dislike is that he is abusing a method of giving relevant information to players as a soapbox for his own personal opinion on someone else's mod.

I don't give a hang about his balance, or his machines, or his pricing... I don't use his mod so they don't apply to me. I do have a problem with the behavior pattern of abusing the communication channel designed to inform players of updates to bitch, whine, moan, complain, and use improper examples as he attacks another mod author. That is inappropriate behavior, regardless of the circumstances.

Fair enough.
It is a legitimate and severe incompatibility bug between his mod and mDiyo's, but that's really not the place to put a rant like that. Maybe a sentence or two, but a paragraph of ranting...

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Fair enough.
It is a legitimate and severe incompatibility bug between his mod and mDiyo's, but that's really not the place to put a rant like that. Maybe a sentence or two, but a paragraph of ranting...
Precisely. I could see a one-time warning, something along the lines of:

"WARNING: using the smelting recipes in conjunction with Tinker's Constructs tools which have Luck and Auto-Smelting will cause a major dupe bug"

As a ONE TIME message. That would be legitimate.

What he is doing, spamming people with a whole paragraph which can bump other legitimate 'major update, please update your mod' from other mods, which are generally one-time messages so they DON'T spam you, causing people to miss legitimate updates due to his... childish rant... is not appropriate.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
So why doesn't he just come out and say that the problem is with his asinine method of smelting to get stuff back instead of spamming everyone with whining about things that aren't actually a problem...
I don't think it's limited to GregTech -- it's not the only mod to allow smelting of block-type items as an uncrafting mechanic, nor likely to be the last, even if it is the best-known.

It's not terribly professional a thing from Greg, but both of these folk really need to calm down. The newer versions of TC have a (less overblown and better-spelled, thankfully) warning. The Forge- or Minecraft-standard of passing a Fortune variable to blocks is a lot more robust anyway.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019

pretty much yeah. You sound like you think it's a bad thing?
Greg is acting like a child. He has a vision for how he wants the game to be played, and he doesn't like that anyone deviates from it. I despise Greg's attitude towards other mods/modders. It's pathetic and reprehensible.

Reactions: Chocorate

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Considering that the whole idea of ore-doubling is a bit silly to begin with, I honestly can't see much difference between hitting something with a fortune + autosmelt tool, or sticking a piece of ore into the automated sequence of magic output-increasing blocks we all have. Things other than ores, I really don't see a problem with either. It's a thing, you hit it with a mod thing to make you have more. Seems pretty par for the modded minecraft course to me.

That aside, Greg does have a habit of being pretty infantile about pointing out what he perceives as problems with other people's mods. There's that whole 'overwriting bugged recipes which never got fixed in spite of being pointed out repeatedly'-line in the console, too. He is a lot of things, but classy certainly isn't one of them.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
& the debate rages on, in the end who is winning from all this take a guess, so much advertising, there are times even I feel like giving this game up with the antics for some of the people that make the mods, ppl that are supposed to be responsible coders, I really think I'll go delete the 152wgt map aint sure if I'll even bother with a new non gt one, maybe when 1.6 hit the ground, all this childish crap is sickening.

Oh & btw I'll set ignore on every GT topic creator, just had enough..

Reactions: Eyamaz

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
ppl that are supposed to be responsible coders
As much as we idolize the people who make these mods for us to play with, there is no entrance exam to mod making. They just need to have the programming skill to make the mod; there's no rule saying they have to be responsible, kind, respectful, mature or posses any other such virtue. If you think a mod maker is too abrasive for your liking, just ignore them and / or don't use their mod. It'll make you feel better.

Reactions: Francis Baster

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
& the debate rages on, in the end who is winning from all this take a guess, so much advertising, there are times even I feel like giving this game up with the antics for some of the people that make the mods, ppl that are supposed to be responsible coders, I really think I'll go delete the 152wgt map aint sure if I'll even bother with a new non gt one, maybe when 1.6 hit the ground, all this childish crap is sickening.

Oh & btw I'll set ignore on every GT topic creator, just had enough..

There is a real discussion to be had about how things should be configured if both modpacks should be installed, so there is a reason for this thread to exist.

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Does this problem also exist with a fiery pickaxe with fortune from the Twilight Forest mod? It has auto-smelting too, and has been a part of FTB a lot longer than Tinker's Construct...

Brilliance

Jul 29, 2019
Does this problem also exist with a fiery pickaxe with fortune from the Twilight Forest mod? It has auto-smelting too, and has been a part of FTB a lot longer than Tinker's Construct...
No, the special thing about this particular case is that TC allows you to combine autosmelting and fortune in a way which lets fortune affect _anything_ that can be smelted.

Status
Not open for further replies.