Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vallen_D

Jul 29, 2019
So i was wondering as i sit here watching streams and youtube patiently waiting for the update; How would someone who is unable to get access to our servers mod folder turn on Biomes-o-Plenty? Is it going to be installed automatically and we'll have to change the properties generation settings to BoP's?

My server host is a bit fussy with tinkering with their customers servers individually (some complaint about man hours and how long it takes to serve each and every customs different demands).

Though my server isnt *my* server, i do admin on it and was curious as to what i have to tell the owner to get the BoP working.

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
So i was wondering as i sit here watching streams and youtube patiently waiting for the update; How would someone who is unable to get access to our servers mod folder turn on Biomes-o-Plenty?
Simply put: you don't.

You not only have to have BOP on the server; you have to tell the server to use it - Unlike EBXL; which is automatic (once it's on the server).

EDIT: To get it working, it has to be copied to the server - you have to edit the server.properties to use BOP (I forget what it is off hand) - and then go from there. If it's an existing world; you'll have biome-tearing (where you have random 'chunks' that are completely different from those around it (unloaded chunks haven't been truly generated - and if you add it to an existing world; it'll generate new biomes on unloaded chunks...)

Vallen_D

Jul 29, 2019
I was meaning for the 0.7 update. Where it'll be off by default.

I'm aware you have to change the server.properties for BoP, and i do have access to the server.properties.

Just not the C:/../Minecraft_server/mod folder

Liam Saliba

Jul 29, 2019
Help!

Edit: This is what I get for leaving for 10 minutes? *sigh

I'm going to make that mod that lets you staple signs to cats!

Status
Not open for further replies.