Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Unless they add yet another mod that adds world gen I think going from 0.7 to 1.0 will be easy as pie. If it adds world gen or removes the world gen mod you're using then obviously there's going to be some trouble.

TheSkera

Jul 29, 2019
Whos with me for getting that rocket / other planets mod in as well xD Total mad scientist / evil genius master base on a different planet!

siddic

Jul 29, 2019
how do i get the 0.7 beta pack ? the beta code seems to only download the 0.5.

or am i misunderstanding something ?

Thanks!

Tyrellan

Jul 29, 2019
how do i get the 0.7 beta pack ? the beta code seems to only download the 0.5.

or am i misunderstanding something ?

Thanks!
You sorta are, cuz most people are using 0.6 - you have to change from recommended to the version you want. But as Virgoddess has said; 0.7 isn't up yet.

EDIT: The twitter feed says "There is currently an issue we want to address in the 1.5 modpack before we make it public, as soon as its ready it will be on the launcher" (posted about 5 hours ago)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Define "changed it up".

From my view, the old vision was 1.4.7 packs were it and this was to remain until the undiscovered lands that it 1.6. This changed by *adding* in 1.5.2 packs, mainly due to the want of the public.

Key word here is, added.

1.4.7 packs will remain in 1.6 land, and 1.5.2 packs provides an additional option for people who want it.

When the 1.5 FTB pack was announced it was stated quite clearly that would be incomparable with future packs. That wouldn't that indicate that it was created with the intention that it would be temporary.

And keep in mine that no one knew about xycrafts 1.6 world killing nature.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
They will have to enable BoP client side, as for configs server side it will not matter, doesn't make a difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1372095935][/DOUBLEPOST]But just be aware, unless you're going to be adjusting the config your self, there will be bugs with BoP and gregtech, as i have done it with my 0.5 server. Mostly with berry bushes and sunflowers giving you high tier gregtech items when put in a crafting grid. I haven't found what part is doing this yet.

They're also working on the configs for BoP and EBXL to make them compatible without having to change ids and they will be included in the pack, but turned off, from what has been said. Also, fixing conflicts is relatively easy using NEI's id dump feature. You only have to know which mods are having their ids bumped up by 256 and even then it's fairly easy to figure out.

Reactions: Geekomancer

Geekomancer

Jul 29, 2019
Right. Honestly, BoP is cool and all, but it feels a bit, I don't know, almost too much? Does that make sense? Maybe not. :)

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
Geek lots of people have said the exact same thing. They have so many biomes it just feels too dense. I'd just take out a few you like and if you're making a server take out the ones with the huge trees unless you have buckets of RAM to throw at them.

Reactions: Geekomancer
Status
Not open for further replies.