Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaxtorUK

Jul 29, 2019
Lol no worries m8, just hoping its gets done before i get in from work tonight as I have day off tomorrow

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
You guys should be following slowpokes twitter as well it will come up there first

Nah, half of what he says changes 5 mins after he's said it after some problem or another has been discovered. :p So I just patiently check this thread once or twice a day to see what's up in general. It's gonna bee (ha' bees!) ready when it's ready and not before that anyway. As somebody that works in the games industry I know what it does to release something that's not ready (or what it really means to be in Beta :p ), I prefer the way FTB has been doing things in general.

Wyld's and Cap's communicativeness is icing on the cake though. I know that when you're hard at work on something, it's though to take the time to stop and communicate how's it's going. Why? It forces you to stop what you are doing, breaks your momentum and your mojo. Although at times it does give you a much needed 'break'.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
That makes me think of a question I have. For which I think I have the answer already, but it never hurts to confirm?

If my server enables say, BoP once 0.7 (or 1.0 whateva it's gonna be called, according to the google docs) is ready, will players need to enable it manually or will the pack autodetect that the server has it even if the players havn't enabled it? (My guess is that players will have to enable it themselves).

What if the server has a custom config for the biomes (enabling or disabling certain biomes, or tweaking the frequency at which these appear)?

Stilleraben

Jul 29, 2019
That makes me think of a question I have. For which I think I have the answer already, but it never hurts to confirm?

If my server enables say, BoP once 0.7 (or 1.0 whateva it's gonna be called, according to the google docs) is ready, will players need to enable it manually or will the pack autodetect that the server has it even if the players havn't enabled it? (My guess is that players will have to enable it themselves).

What if the server has a custom config for the biomes (enabling or disabling certain biomes, or tweaking the frequency at which these appear)?

They will have to enable BoP client side, as for configs server side it will not matter, doesn't make a difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1372095935][/DOUBLEPOST]But just be aware, unless you're going to be adjusting the config your self, there will be bugs with BoP and gregtech, as i have done it with my 0.5 server. Mostly with berry bushes and sunflowers giving you high tier gregtech items when put in a crafting grid. I haven't found what part is doing this yet.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
They will have to enable BoP client side, as for configs server side it will not matter, doesn't make a difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1372095935][/DOUBLEPOST]But just be aware, unless you're going to be adjusting the config your self, there will be bugs with BoP and gregtech, as i have done it with my 0.5 server. Mostly with berry bushes and sunflowers giving you high tier gregtech items when put in a crafting grid. I haven't found what part is doing this yet.

You have an ID conflict. I was getting the same thing. I copied the log from the FTB launcher into Notepad++ then did a search for "conflict" in all open documents. It will give you a list of all the conflicts in the log and you can make changes. Hopefully this helps you.

Stilleraben

Jul 29, 2019
I know its a conflict, i just can't find where they are overlapping, cause gregtech doesn't tell you everything it reserves, making it a huge pain in the arse. If you could find it, it would save me a map reset.

siddic

Jul 29, 2019
quick question, can i set up the beta server/client and just update the mods/etc when the public release goes live ? or will it require me to reset the world, etc ?

Status
Not open for further replies.