RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
//snip//
Also, did anyone see DW20's tweet about his own personal pack? He said soon... so today... hopefully...
//snipp//
a DW20 pack? niiice. he's really into making a lot of infinity machines, so if you really like to make those then a pack with mod's from DW20 is assured bliss.

McToastyToast

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get any word on how the testing for the Magic Pack is coming along? Doesn't have to be an ETA, I'm just curious how well progress is being made on it.

Agreed. They said tomorrow evening GMT. Its that time. C'mon guys, give us something. I really don't like this whole, not give people news thing that mod-authors are doing lately.

(Doesn't mean that they aren't doing a great job)

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, a DW pack! EPICNESS. I wonder if he can get slow to upload his world every 10 episodes to the pack underneath the maps tab as well. Now I am so stocked for the next season its crazy. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Wait a minute. What am I doing? Starting another FTB frenzy? I better not, and anyway I think I remember a saying that would work great here, what is it? Oh right I think it goes something like this.

"All good things come in time"

Yeah thats it. and you know what that means? Well you see how long we have waited for this? Can you imagine how great its going to be by the time we get it? Yeah gonna be sweet.

MrAgle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm anxious to play with Thaumcraft, but I am also a little concerned about how well it will play on servers.

From watching Direwolf's ForgeCraft videos, it looks as though a simple crucible could be a dreadful tool for griefing. Just dump a ton of flux into the air near somebody's base, and you could make it all but impossible for them to live or work there - wisps and other Flux effects might be an unending irritation unless there's a way to eliminate or mitigate flux that I haven't seen.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. They said tomorrow evening GMT. Its that time. C'mon guys, give us something. I really don't like this whole, not give people news thing that mod-authors are doing lately.

(Doesn't mean that they aren't doing a great job)
We could use some jeopardy music.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
unless there's a way to eliminate or mitigate flux that I haven't seen.
I could be entirely mistaken here, and that would not surprise me, but I got the impression that the Infernal Furnace or whatever it's called uses Flux as fuel. Perhaps one could try burning off all the Flux by smelting a great deal of ore with it?

didlyi

Jul 29, 2019
server files not there yet??
shame..will have to wait a little longer..oh and great mod pack...i solute ftb and the modders..you all doing a great job;)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Those engines cannot run on coal/oil/fuel/lava alone. Those things have to be at least partially powered by voodoo. Forestry machines even more so.

(Besides, would you really want the magic pack to be locked out of full Railcraft functionality and the large scale item management of Buildcraft in general?)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Wait a minute... is Factorization not updated for 1.4.5? Why is it not included? Dark Iron and everything beyond that milestone are definitely magical.

simon48xbox

Jul 29, 2019
Is the ultimate pack going to be released now, or is it waiting for all mods to be ready/updated to 1.4.5 (RedPower, XyCraft EE3 etc)?

Zokudu

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I thought I read on irc the big name not updated to 1.4.5 right now is IC2. They only have a public beta out which seems odd to me because the 1.4.2 beta version was used in the current Beta Pack but I just smile and nod most of the time. They did say they are waiting on all mods currently in the pack to update. I take that to mean IC2 is holding back 1.4.5 and not so much RP2/EE3 etc because they already released a beta without those.