RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
Magic pack sounds cool, but I hope it's part of the main FTB modpack. Adding RP and TC3 to the main pack will make it the best modpack ever.

Reactions: Acegamer9

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
I often feel like the only person not excited for TC3 xD .

I can't wait for RP though <3

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Magic pack sounds cool, but I hope it's part of the main FTB modpack. Adding RP and TC3 to the main pack will make it the best modpack ever.

You need to understand that there is no "main" pack. There will be different packs with different purposes.
One will be the mentioned Magic pack and another one will be a pack for the challange map(s).

The closest to a "main" pack will be an ultimate pack having many of the mods. But essentially the pack for the maps would be the "main" pack as that is what FTB in its core is!

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
But what we're asking is, will there be a pack with the mods currently on the one available now, but with thaumcraft and redpower also included?

nutjob_inc

Jul 29, 2019
But what we're asking is, will there be a pack with the mods currently on the one available now, but with thaumcraft and redpower also included?
I don't know, but you could always add them to your favorite modpack on the FTB-launcher.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
I heard that it got so much traffic it broke and elo hasn't had time to fix it yet.

Kyler

Jul 29, 2019
why does it matter what pack it is in? you can add your mods to any pack to you want, as long as its the version compatable with the minecraft version incorparated with that said pack

Acegamer9

Jul 29, 2019
Just so that I have a full understanding, does 3 bugs to squash mean that we are most likely getting an RP release NEXT weekend or a few hours of coding will fix the bugs and we can expect a release later today?

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how big the bugs are. My guess is later today. If it is, I'll stick to the FTB pack. If it isn't well, I'm moving to a personal .1.4.5 pack.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Just so that I have a full understanding, does 3 bugs to squash mean that we are most likely getting an RP release NEXT weekend or a few hours of coding will fix the bugs and we can expect a release later today?

Like with black magics and other strange powers . fixing an issue with program code defies any ordinary layman's ability of divination.
A single bug can take as little as 10 seconds to squash, or entail an epic battle raging for several weeks. all happening in a world of code and logic beyond our mortal keen.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Like with black magics and other strange powers . fixing an issue with program code defies any ordinary layman's ability of divination.
A single bug can take as little as 10 seconds to squash, or entail an epic battle raging for several weeks. all happening in a world of code and logic beyond our mortal keen.
Thats the sad thing. The longest I've spent is 5 days.

McToastyToast

Jul 29, 2019

I hoping that some of them are just small bugs (like the whole bundled cable block breaker thing. My preliminary guess being a problem with that block data value and what it drops)

But me and my entire server are waiting for this update to drop fr a new map. Also, did anyone see DW20's tweet about his own personal pack? He said soon... so today... hopefully...

(I am gonna say that, because I correctly guessed the release weekend for TC3 a couple weeks ago)

Reactions: Antice

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get any word on how the testing for the Magic Pack is coming along? Doesn't have to be an ETA, I'm just curious how well progress is being made on it.