[1.5.2] UsefulRecipes - Adds some useful recipes to the game!

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
This is a mod I made for myself when I was playing 1.5, and noticed the absence of some recipes that I would consider should be in the game. So, I present my mod, UsefulRecipes! This is my first mod, so it doesn't do anything spectacular, but I thought I would share it for anyone else wants these recipes.

Now has a config. Each recipe is able to be turned on and off.
Coming soon: Crafting recipe for chainmail armour, and turning rotten flesh into leather!

Download: 0.1.0 for 1.5.1 and 1.5.2
Requires Minecraft Forge to run. Put the zip in the mods folder.
You are allowed to distribute this in mod packs, no need to ask.

So, what are the recipes? Well, there are only four right now, all for vanilla, but I may create more as I fell the need. I will get some images soon, but for now:
Shapeless Recipes
Nether Quartz (Makes 4)
Block of Quartz

Shaped Recipes
Chiselled Stone Brick
Stone brick slab
Stone brick slab
(must be on top of each other)

Web
String -. .........- String
..........- String -
String - .........- String

Saddle
Leather - Leather - Leather
Leather - Iron - Leather
............- Iron -

-Added config file

-Added Web recipe
-Updated mcmod.info

-Initial Release
-Added Nether Quartz recipe
-Added Chiselled Stone Brick recipe
-Added Saddle recipe

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Ty sir for getting off your ass instead of just whining about something, you sir are a personal hero, maybe not as good as a demigod but hey...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've never understood why mojang hasn't added rotten flesh to leather in the vanilla game. it doesn't need to be a 1:1 ration, you could make it so it takes like 9 rotten flesh to make a leather, or make it into an item that needs to go in the furnace before it becomes a normal leather. also... cobwebs, they should really get a recipe...

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I've never understood why mojang hasn't added rotten flesh to leather in the vanilla game. it doesn't need to be a 1:1 ration, you could make it so it takes like 9 rotten flesh to make a leather, or make it into an item that needs to go in the furnace before it becomes a normal leather. also... cobwebs, they should really get a recipe...
I added a recipe for webs, that's a great idea! Rotten flesh -> leather might come, although I'm not sure what recipe to use, and it certainly won't be coming until I set up the config, as that is something, that, unlike all the recipes so far, could change balance too much for some people.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Omega, I was going to do something similar in my up and coming mod (also adding a few other things)
I hope you don't think I am copying you I really was going to do these, of course though since I am a GregTech fan they will be hard recipes :p
Like recipes for sponges, chainmill armor, and the likes.
Once again, I hope you don't mind I really was going to do this and thanks for the great mod :) Keep going! :D

Edit: Would anybody know what Moss Stone is called in Eclipse?
I can't seem to call it. No one?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
The web recipe is a bit OP
Show me a mod that uses a hard web recipe as a balancing point. Webs are just aesthetic, at least in vanilla and even FTB.
What about a Chainmail armor recipe?
Yes, I've been thinking about that. Will definitely be added, when I figure out a good recipe.
Maybe:
C C C
C S C -> Wither Skeleton Skull
C C C

Where
C is Coal
S is a Skeleton Skull
That, on the other hand, is OP.
Hey Omega, I was going to do something similar in my up and coming mod (also adding a few other things)
I hope you don't think I am copying you I really was going to do these, of course though since I am a GregTech fan they will be hard recipes :p
Like recipes for sponges, chainmill armor, and the likes.
Once again, I hope you don't mind I really was going to do this and thanks for the great mod :) Keep going! :D

Edit: Would anybody know what Moss Stone is called in Eclipse?
I can't seem to call it. No one?
Yeah, of course you can put it in your mod!
And Moss Stone is Block.cobblestoneMossy ;)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Web sounds good, think this'll be added into FTB? Purely because you're a helpful member I'll vouch for you, even though the mod doesn't add tons of content (though that's the point, is it not? :p)
Have you considered slimeballs for webs? Something sticky to hold all that string together ;)

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Show me a mod that uses a hard web recipe as a balancing point. Webs are just aesthetic, at least in vanilla and even FTB.

Yes, I've been thinking about that. Will definitely be added, when I figure out a good recipe.

That, on the other hand, is OP.

Yeah, of course you can put it in your mod!
And Moss Stone is Block.cobblestoneMossy ;)
Wow. Just wow Jeb xD

Reactions: OmegaPython

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
It's called VANILLA MINECRAFT (silk touch sheers)
If you want to build out of webs, why should I stop you? If it makes you feel better, you still only get one string if you try to pick it back up. I don't see you complaining about the chiselled stone brick recipe.
Web sounds good, think this'll be added into FTB? Purely because you're a helpful member I'll vouch for you, even though the mod doesn't add tons of content (though that's the point, is it not? :p)
Have you considered slimeballs for webs? Something sticky to hold all that string together ;)
I don't think slimeballs are necessary for the web recipe. I think it would be useful in FTB; when I first started in 1.5 I wasted all my quartz on quartz blocks, just to store it -_-
I will be working on some more recipes as well as a config this week. ;)

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
OK, for mine I made recipes for: Mossy Cobble, Webs, Gravel, Obsidian, Fire [Used In Chainmill Armor Inadverdantley], Mycelium, DeadBush, Sponge

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
OK, for mine I made recipes for: Mossy Cobble, Webs, Gravel, Obsidian, Fire [Used In Chainmill Armor Inadverdantley], Mycelium, DeadBush, Sponge
Okay, well there are ways to get all of these except sponge, so I can't see this being used all too much in FTB. Well, dead bushes aren't renewable either, but I'd be impressed if your recipe was leaving it in a desert with no way to grow into a tree for a certain amount of time.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, well there are ways to get all of these except sponge, so I can't see this being used all too much in FTB. Well, dead bushes aren't renewable either, but I'd be impressed if your recipe was leaving it in a desert with no way to grow into a tree for a certain amount of time.
Just version 0.0.1
I will probably remove all of those as some of them bypass UU matter recipes except for mycelium I didn't think there was one for that is there?[DOUBLEPOST=1367793830][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, so Omega, since you got yours to work I think I did something wrong because when I went to recompile it failed because the server files or something weren't found?
I then reobfuscated anyways and I made a .rar out of the mod folder but IDK if it worked correctly.
Would you guys mind testing? http://www.mediafire.com/#vqjgc8744qzj4Sorry for hijacking your thread :p I will delete it, just ask...

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I added a recipe for webs, that's a great idea! Rotten flesh -> leather might come, although I'm not sure what recipe to use, and it certainly won't be coming until I set up the config, as that is something, that, unlike all the recipes so far, could change balance too much for some people.
Well, what about 8 flesh around a piece of string, or something like that? :) Great mod, will be downloading.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Just version 0.0.1
OK, so Omega, since you got yours to work I think I did something wrong because when I went to recompile it failed because the server files or something weren't found?
I then reobfuscated anyways and I made a .rar out of the mod folder but IDK if it worked correctly.
Would you guys mind testing? http://www.mediafire.com/#vqjgc8744qzj4Sorry for hijacking your thread :p I will delete it, just ask...
That link doesn't work... it just leads to my files on mediafire...
I put my source folder in mcp -> src -> minecraft -> (src folder), then ran recompile.bat, getchangedsrc.bat and finally reobfuscate.bat and the obfuscated classes are put in the reobf folder.
And you do know that sponges are useless right, unless you've coded them back in like they were in Classic?
Probably won't stay one class for long, with what I'm planning for the leather and chainmail recipes. Adding a couple of items ;)
Well, what about 8 flesh around a piece of string, or something like that? :) Great mod, will be downloading.
I have a plan...