[1.5.2] UsefulRecipes - Adds some useful recipes to the game!

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
That link doesn't work... it just leads to my files on mediafire...
I put my source folder in mcp -> src -> minecraft -> (src folder), then ran recompile.bat, getchangedsrc.bat and finally reobfuscate.bat and the obfuscated classes are put in the reobf folder.
And you do know that sponges are useless right, unless you've coded them back in like they were in Classic?
Probably won't stay one class for long, with what I'm planning for the leather and chainmail recipes. Adding a couple of items ;)

I could say that you could keep it to only having one class file: the leather one if you want to smelt more than one leather or whatever.
As for the chain mill: you could just give "Block.fire" a recipe I believe that will work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ernyzi546wz75yr
That should work mow

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
How about for Rotten Flesh -> Leather, you put 9 pieces of flesh in a Compressor, and it makes an object (Maybe call it, like...Congealed Mass, or something) which you can then put in a Rolling Machine, or craft it with something on an Anvil?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
How about for Rotten Flesh -> Leather, you put 9 pieces of flesh in a Compressor, and it makes an object (Maybe call it, like...Congealed Mass, or something) which you can then put in a Rolling Machine, or craft it with something on an Anvil?

I think it's best to keep the recipes craftable through vanilla, otherwise the mod depends on the updates of other mods...
maybe for the leather have 9 rotten flesh become 1 ragged leather, put that in a furnace and you get a normal leather.
or if it's too cheap, have 8 rotten flesh in a chest pattern become 1 ragged leather piece, put 8 of those in a chest pattern to get a ragged leather, and put that in a furnace to get 1 leather, that'd make 64 rotten flesh being crafted into 1 leather.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's best to keep the recipes craftable through vanilla, otherwise the mod depends on the updates of other mods...

Yeah, you're right. And I like the suggestion for ragged leather pieces. Or maybe it could be Sinew, into Ragged Leather, into Leather. You could make it so that You have to craft it with other things. Like maybe Bone Meal and/or Sand. The idea there being that you have to craft it with something dry and powdery to soak up all the rotted juices in the meat. So you could do...Bone Meal in the center, Rotted Flesh in the corners, Sand in the four cardinals, and the output could be 4 Sinew. Then you put 8 Sinew in a chest pattern with a water bucket in the middle slot, and it makes 1 Ragged Leather; the idea being that you have to moisten it again with fresh water. Then you put the Ragged Leather in a furnace. That would mean 32 Rotted Flesh for 1 leather, which, really...that sounds a lot more balanced than 1 Leather out of an entire stack. Considering that if you're in an early enough stage in the game to have to scrape together things to make leather, by the time you actually have enough rotted flesh to make that much leather, you'll have moved past leather armor anyway, and you only need so many books. I think 1 Leather per 32 Rotted Flesh sounds reasonable, especially if you have to use bonemeal, sand, and a water bucket to get there.

PLUS, if you added Sinew to the mod, You could use Sinew as an alternative to bow-stringing if you run out of string, and you could possibly use it to repair tools to a degree. Maybe make it only usable as a repair agent with Stone Tools, just to prevent OP-ness (and also it would just make sense). No diamond tool repair with Sinew. On that same note, you could make it so that Ragged Leather can be used to repair Leather Armor. Just some suggestions.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Zombie Pelt--Tanning Rack=SKYRIM STYLE
images

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the leather needs to be that expensive. On average you will get one rotten flesh from a zombie, and one leather from a cow. Zombies are also harder to kill than cows. I will take into account that there is no other use for rotten flesh, and that cows require some initial infrastructure to farm, but what about 9 rotten flesh for one leather?
I could say that you could keep it to only having one class file: the leather one if you want to smelt more than one leather or whatever.
As for the chain mill: you could just give "Block.fire" a recipe I believe that will work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ernyzi546wz75yr
That should work mow
Make that a .zip file; Forge doesn't register .rar. It's not working for me when I convert it to .zip either.
And I'm planning a better recipe for chain mail, not just using fire.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the leather needs to be that expensive. On average you will get one rotten flesh from a zombie, and one leather from a cow. Zombies are also harder to kill than cows. I will take into account that there is no other use for rotten flesh, and that cows require some initial infrastructure to farm, but what about 9 rotten flesh for one leather?

Make that a .zip file; Forge doesn't register .rar. It's not working for me when I convert it to .zip either.
And I'm planning a better recipe for chain mail, not just using fire.
What do you mean it's not working?

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I mean.
Well what did you do to set up the environment?
I mean it's a 1.5.1 mod so obviously the right forge and MC jar..
Other than that I can't think of anything that would be wrong with it...
If you did that and that didn't work then try the link I'm about to send out...
Edit: Nevermind I uninstalled WinRAR so that I could make a .zip file and now I have to reboot which I don't feel like doing right now.
Hmmmm anybody think of a problem I could have done???
I pressed decompile then reobfuscate then went into the reobf/minecraft/mod and made that a .rar
Do you think just being a ..rar made a difference?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I used Pahimar's tutorials on setting up the environment. And oops... I was installing it on 1.5.2...
I don't really mind the links, and am happy to help, but I guess your own thread would be a good idea?

Roady

Jul 29, 2019
How about something like 8 flesh and a mundane potion?
Doesn't make it all that expensive, but does make you set up some infrastructure before you can get to it.
Also it makes it seem more like you are actually tanning the stuff into leather.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
well, the thing is that you quickly get alot of rotten flesh, even early ingame, pretty much because it's useless as hell. but leather is quite useful, but yea, I guess an entire stack is a bit too much...
how about adding a recipe for lilypads aswell? they're quite useful for manual sugarcane farms. maybe with a recipe of a leaf block and a flower?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I came here to whine that chainmail, cobwebs and saddles should not have recipes, but then again, I don't give a fuck.

you should add a way in the config so you can add recipes for items yourself, sortal like the barrels mod does.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Would it be possible to make a mod that reads recipes from a config file and adds them to the game? So, anyone could add any recipe they like e.g. a recipe for making Nikolite for Skyblock-style maps? D'oh, didn't spot Dravarden's last post right above me. Redundant suggestion is redundant.