Confessions: I never ... even though I'm told I should.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Jul 29, 2019
I've never used wooden tools.

loss_for_words.gif

no but seriously what

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Or villages, I used to play a lot of flatcore survival. You'd be amazed how much crap you can find in village chests even in Vanilla.

I normaly find it easyer just to punch a tree make 1 pickax and 3.5 secounds later have a stone one and go find a cave.

Reactions: RedBoss

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
I normaly find it easyer just to punch a tree make 1 pickax and 3.5 secounds later have a stone one and go find a cave.
True. But if you like arbitrary challenges, you can do without wooden tools. To be honest though, I think he was trolling.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
That's impressive.
But imagine the flux. Goodness.
That's why the automated production line for charcoal is split into 3 sections using a... diamond pipe. Exactly. 4 out of 10 go to the coke ovens, 2 go to an automated crafting system that mass products boats, that are also used in a secondary crucible. Exactly. The first one generates tons of alumentum, the second one gets rid of the vis by sending motus into the air (which, according to the wiki, reduce flux) and the third one is for my experimentation, Nitor and transmutation.
Anyway, it's preety cool to see the interaction between mods.
And I love automating stuff without using what the mod gave me and instead using what OTHER mods gave me.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of things I hadn't done and should have (but I just tried it 10 minutes ago and laughed out loud)...Using a portal on the moon to clear terrain. Don't get too close, but ...SWWOOOP! Mountain gone! LOL

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of things I hadn't done and should have (but I just tried it 10 minutes ago and laughed out loud)...Using a portal on the moon to clear terrain. Don't get too close, but ...SWWOOOP! Mountain gone! LOL
You can do that? *looks it up on Youtube* HOLY CRAP. The portal gun became that much more awesome.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
That's pretty much what my coworkers said...I look forward to seeing a few more 'So-and-so got sucked to the moon' messages ^_^
Judging from the video I saw, which was 1.2.5, what happens is the player just gets dropped from a massive height I think. The items look like they disappear though.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I have never messed with nuclear technology in ftb.
I have never crafted a noteblock in any version of minecraft.

I've seen a bunch of people saying they haven't bred bees. All i have to say about that is you have no idea what fun your missing out on :p

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Judging from the video I saw, which was 1.2.5, what happens is the player just gets dropped from a massive height I think. The items look like they disappear though.

Untrue. At least in Ultimate. You just die. I had on a MPS with flight and zero damage from falls. Like I've flown up to height 1000 and dropped with zero effect.

Then I decided to try out the portal gun to the moon trick to show a couple new guys on the server. Lost everything, including two gravity guns and my portal gun.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
no but seriously what

I realized last night how you could never use any wooden tools and succeed in the contest of modern modpacks. It is not "easy" though. Try it as a challenge, there are a few ways to do it.

Last night I played for 2 hours from minute 0 without building a crafting table. In the modpack I am making, crafting tables are obsolete. It's really cool. All hail ChickenBones.