FTB Continuum Release

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I'm assuming they're talking about Continuum, right? I'm fairly sure lapis is about in world though... don't think they did anything funky with it?
I asked what pack in reference to the early game luck question cause in Continuum what is available early game is going to way different then say Direwolf20 pack. Glad they found a solution.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I asked what pack in reference to the early game luck question cause in Continuum what is available early game is going to way different then say Direwolf20 pack. Glad they found a solution.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case - me too :) Glad folks are getting on alright with it

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack disables many thermal expansion machines.
How remove useless tabs?
And how remove "thermal dynamics covers" tab?
111.png

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Makes you wish JEI had an Ignore button for machines...rofl. I think that is something the dev team needs to do.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
The modpack disables many thermal expansion machines.
How remove useless tabs?
If you feel up to the task you can try to remove the recipes with CraftTweaker which should remove them from JEI. The problem with that is that you would have to do that for each individual recipe. Also a good idea before doing that is backing up the original scripts in case you mess something up.

A

Aspryin

loving this mod back but looking for some guidance.. I have completed Many of the quests including large hadron collidor. I like to set up automation and just let things run with minor checks every now and then to make sure it is not getting out of hand.

Right now I'm trying to farm up a TON of rotten flesh. I have tried a few methods but while working on Bees (Decaying Bee) I was not getting any rotten comb to drop from them.
(the pictures may not appear right away but they should show soon)

https://i.imgur.com/vKVgptk.png
With this bee you can clearly see that it has multiple outputs and all are lined up in the first (top) row. I also see products of this bee producing normally

https://i.imgur.com/p1GCBpr.png
with the decaying bee the rotten comb is 10% (i'm getting 0%) and the barren comb is 30% (getting plenty of barren combs.) but rotten comb is located in the second off colored row of possible drops. is there a key to getting the rotten comb to drop or has it been removed from the mod pack? what am I missing?

update: I created a decaying bee from creative mode and popped it my setup and did produce not sure why my bees did not but I will redo the mutations and keep the default genome as best I can

update 2: ok best I can tell putting the princess through the genetic imprinter disables the ability for rotten comb, even if I am only changing fertility from 4 to 1.
- Also using drones to force the pristine princess to become a decaying bee will also not work.
- only bees that have mutated the natural way seem to have the ability to drop rotten combs. took me most of the day to repopulate these bees but it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
(bad english)
How design extreme reactor? Where i can find new simulator? Formulas?
I build 3x3x4 reactor:
https://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-desig...=false&controlRodInsertion=83&layout=EXE3XEXE

But real result:

upload_2018-8-15_21-46-23.png

The modpack have edited config. Fuel consume x4 more. Ok. Calculate: 0.03mb/t x 4 = 0.12mt/t(should be). But real value = 0.6mb/t
Efficiency should be 72000 / 4 = 18000 rf/mb. But real: 6000/0.6 = 10000.
Why temperature 1603 instead 506?
How design reactor?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
(bad english)
How design extreme reactor? Where i can find new simulator? Formulas?
I build 3x3x4 reactor:
https://br.sidoh.org/#reactor-desig...=false&controlRodInsertion=83&layout=EXE3XEXE

But real result:

View attachment 36703

The modpack have edited config. Fuel consume x4 more. Ok. Calculate: 0.03mb/t x 4 = 0.12mt/t(should be). But real value = 0.6mb/t
Efficiency should be 72000 / 4 = 18000 rf/mb. But real: 6000/0.6 = 10000.
Why temperature 1603 instead 506?
How design reactor?
Ok so 1 you will want at least each layer to be 7x7 per layer. So if you want 4 high reactor then you will want 7x7x4. However 7x7x2 should be fine. Once you get that done your rods should be place in a plus sign in the center and coolant around that. The coolant use, no matter what anyone says, doesn't really matter as the placement of coolant and how high you make the reactor will so use blocks of metal or gems if the pack allows it. Don't use water as coolant.

Also those calculate site most times run off 1.7 stats.

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
Magzie, i know about 7x7. But no have resource for.
I should keep temperature lesser than 1000 ? How decrease temperature?
Where i can read detailed info about different between 1.7.10 and 1.12.2 reactors? I can't find any info.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Magzie, i know about 7x7. But no have resource for.
I should keep temperature lesser than 1000 ? How decrease temperature?
Where i can read detailed info about different between 1.7.10 and 1.12.2 reactors? I can't find any info.
When you place block of metal/gems/Liquids(not water) around your reactor rods it will lower the temp down. The more Blocks touching the sides of the Rod the better it will lower the temp to a point. The more Rods touching each other the more reactivity the rods will have and the lower your over all fuel use will be. The lower fuel use is more import and lower temp is more important the max power. Lowering the temp will have the side effect of increasing the RF/tick. Best bet to start if you have to build one is a 5*5*1 with one rods in the center and blocks of Iron around that single core. That will give you the most power for the least resources. You can expand when you get better and more resources. The problem with a 3*3 is there isn't room for coolant which is why the temp is so high. Coolant = lower temp. Better coolant doesn't really give enough of a power boost until late game to worry about so go out to 7 and then up a few levels. then work on getting the best coolant in the reactor. I have a video showing the basics of coolant and Multi rods. But Direwolf20 does a good Basics of the mod here:

He Also does a Mod Spotlight on Big Reactors from 3 years ago which is what Extreme Reactors was Ported from 1.7.10. Just Remember You want to build up to the size of Reactor first and use the cheapest Coolant you can and then go for the best coolant. That will give you the Max power output. After you build a few and mess around with the mod you will come up with your own design. If you want the link to my video just PM me and I'll send it to you in a PM. Also Note: Don't know what recipe changes or mod tweaks they made for Continuum just FYI.

Last edited:
Reactions: An0nymuS

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
Magzie,
i not remember. Temp ~1000. Efficiency ~ 23000 (height 2). --> 23k x 4(continuum nerf) = 92000 rf/t normal eficiency.

R

Ranoris

Hey Guys im getting a crash every time i attempt to launch the game today. Everything worked fine yesterday but today something is amiss. I attached the crash report

Attachments

• Minecraft Crash Report 8.16.18.txt
    38.7 KB · Views: 181

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Ranoris you'll need to post that to the tech support side to get help with it. Some of us posters do take a look at these things but the real tech people over will need to see it to really help you out.

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
how increase ingredients in ae2 pattern?
in 1.7.10 i use right click.
in 1.12.2 - not working.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
how increase ingredients in ae2 pattern?
in 1.7.10 i use right click.
in 1.12.2 - not working.
I don't use AE2 so I don't know much about it. Most likely use Refined Storage mod. Did you try click in the recipe use JEI shift or hold the number of items and left clicking?

Note: I do remember something about there being 2 machine one for Shift clicking recipes & the other custom recipes might try that. Don't remember which mod it is from AE2 or RS..rofl.