Caught exception from GenDustry (gendustry)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
R

Rícho

Seems to be working for me too. Switch to the JAR launcher through the twitch application

nachtrauch

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here with Revelation (FTB Launcher). Removing both Gendustry and Extra Utilities made the pack load completely without any errors.

O

OmNomPlaysGames

I can verify that switching to the JAR launcher works. Once I loaded the JAR launcher it was set to 1.13, I changed it to Forge, which failed, but upon closing and relaunching from the Twitch app, it came up with FTB Revelation profile. I think the first time you switch to the JAR launcher, and it gives you the message about resetting your profile, and makes you supply your login credentials, this gets in the way of the Twitch app feeding the necessary info to the JAR launcher, so just login, then close it, and relaunch from the Twitch app and it should carry the correct profile over.

I also had an issue with the JAR not supporting the expansion of memory, as I have the memory expanded to max (like 12G though it seems to cap at 10G), because of using the 32-bit java. If you go back into the Twitch settings for minecraft where you select to use the JAR launcher, there is a drop down to select the correct version of java. change it to the 64-bit java and the flags to expand the memory in the JAR launcher will work properly. If you do not have the 64-bit version of java installed, you will need to go download the 64-bit version, then go back into Twitch app settings and select the 64-bit version, etc.

After all of that, I was able to launch FTB Revelations via the JAR launcher, and seems to be working properly.

\o/ Cheers!

B

Bathios

Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmx6144m
The specified size exceeds the maximum representable size.

Every time i try and use the JAR launcher i get this. any tips?

Novaflipps

Jul 29, 2019
Same on direwolf10 2.2.0. PLayed yesterday but wont work today

Also switched to JAR launcher. Works fine then

Last edited:
B

BlastoYT

I hope they will fix it soon, i don't want to play using Twitch Launcher

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
I haven't used the JAR launcher in a while, probably since before I got a new computer, and when I try to switch to it, it says "Could not get launcher location." Is there anything other than just default minecraft that I need to install? It's been so long I can't remember...

G

Gik

Have the same problem here, I don't use Twitch app. Does anyone know how to manually launch the JAR files without Twitch app?

Also, I deleted my user data whilst trying to fix this. Is there a way I can create a new account and update the clientToken to be exactly the same as my old user? So when I login to my server my inventory items remain the same, or are the inventory items stored locally client side?

Akos

Jul 29, 2019
Have the same problem here, I don't use Twitch app. Does anyone know how to manually launch the JAR files without Twitch app?

Also, I deleted my user data whilst trying to fix this. Is there a way I can create a new account and update the clientToken to be exactly the same as my old user? So when I login to my server my inventory items remain the same, or are the inventory items stored locally client side?

the item stored on server side in the /world folder

G

Gik

Ok so disabling extraUtils and GenDustry does work and allow the launcher to start properly, but I can't connect to my server without those plugins so back to stage 1.

There must be a way to run the JAR file without Twitch?

TRLinerunner

Jul 29, 2019
Gendustry probably does something online as part of its initialization and the site it gets this functionality from was most likely down or had a problem. It's working fine (for me anyway) now.

U

user8247

I am using the legacy FTB launcher on Linux.
Worked last night(FTB revelation), then started getting the same crash as everyone else.
seems many and prob all the 1.12 packs are affected. I disabled Gendustry then it gave me errors for Extra Utilities 2 same ans others have reported.
Downgrading the pack did not fix it, even when I deleted and redownloaded the version that worked last night.
1.12 FTB packs fail with multiMC as well.
Seems likely to be an issue with the version(s) of forge used or one of the libs used and not anything in the mod folder. current 1.12 mods prob had the forge version bumped or a support lib version bumped and maybe this sticks even when you downgrade the version of the pack.

*Update* Seems to be fixed

Last edited:

ArrZeroZero

Dec 30, 2019
I have this issue with enigmatic 2 expert mode ive tried switching between the native and the jar launcher but nothing has worked ive tried expanding my ram allocation and updating java but nothing is working