Caught exception from GenDustry (gendustry)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

Bathios

For testing purposes i went and tried to load up the Crackpack from 1.7, just to see if anything broke in older content as well. It is still working, probably because the update wouldn't have hit 1.7, but still worth noting

D

Dinkley

I have the same issue with the Revelations 2.3.0 pack, if I delete Gendustry, I then run into the ExtraUtilities issue, deleting that then prevents any startup.
Same here. That was my first thought because I've never used GenDustry before anyway. Server boots up fine, and loads fine for my friend but it doesn't work for me.
Modpack versions 2.2.0, 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 seem to be broken for me.

I've tried:
Deleting the Twitch profile and re-downloading,
Repairing Minecraft installation,
Reinstalling Java 8,
Using the FTB Launcher,
Using the MultiMC Launcher.
Nothing seems to work.

M

Mjor Paine

Replacing gendustry with one from the backup (dated 21/6, but same file name) also results in a crash

N

Nexxuz

Same, any chance you all had a windows update last night ? I did and since then I can't launch it
i checked my update log, and it looked like windows had an update to me last night. And i could play yesterday, and not today

S

Sever

Same issue. I updated Java yesterday before I played FTB Revelation, and it loaded up fine after that. I did not restart my computer until this morning after having this issue. The pack did not update. Restarting did not help. I tried changing the date to yesterday because some modders base things on the date, which did nothing. I tried forcing update, deleting the modpack, deleting the modpack and 1.12.2 version foider, no change.

Like someone else above, I tried removing GenDustry and it got further but still died. I didn't catch what it crashed on.

I think I caught somewhere that the game might be requesting some live stuff that might be down right now? idk.

i checked my update log, and it looked like windows had an update to me last night. And i could play yesterday, and not today

I update windows before yesterday and it was working fine. There were no updates between then and when this started.

R

RanDumSocks

Same here with enigmatica 2. I didn't update anything, someone fucked up somewhere if a bunch of people are having the same problem at the same time, yikes. Did not update Windows, literally did nothing online since last launch. Clearly something changed on the FTB/Mojang side that is affecting everyone's game.

J

jj.jezz

It's not the Windows update. Played it this morning after the Windows update and it was fine. Restarted the game because of sound issues and couldn't get back on due to the Gendustry fault.

B

Bathios

Same here with enigmatica 2. I didn't update anything, someone fucked up somewhere if a bunch of people are having the same problem at the same time, yikes. Did not update Windows, literally did nothing online since last launch. Clearly something changed on the FTB/Mojang side that is affecting everyone's game.
I would say on the Mojang side, as launchers will almost always tell you in big windows that they are going to update. Mc updates almost always happen with little fanfare, and jsut happen automatically when you go to launch the game

N

neutreN

Same here with All The Mods 3, only additional mods i use are optifine with SEUS renewed shaders.

S

Sever

I would say on the Mojang side, as launchers will almost always tell you in big windows that they are going to update. Mc updates almost always happen with little fanfare, and jsut happen automatically when you go to launch the game
That's a problem, since mods depend on MC being a certain way.

D

Dark_NewVoid

How long until someone fixes it? I tried to load up different platforms but I have the same issue.

D

Dark_NewVoid

I do not think It was a windows update My Computer did not have one and I am having the same problem.

D

Dinkley

I made a new instance of Minecraft with just Forge(14.23.4.2750) and GenDustry with its dependencies (Forestry, BDLib) and it still results in a crash.
The crash refers to a specific line of code in the GenDustry source, line 35. Here
It seems to have an issue loading a config for a specific language

M

Mjor Paine

Same, any chance you all had a windows update last night ? I did and since then I can't launch it
yes, however Continuum run this morning (after Windows patching), something has happened since then.

R

RanDumSocks

It's not the windows update guys, I have not updated since and I can confirm there are multiple people who have not updated their devices between this problem happening.

I think this is simply out of our control until we get word from someone with greater knowledge of what happens server-side. Since this is fairly recent (happened about an hour ago), it might be awhile until it is fixed I can only imagine. Best we wait for an official statement from Mojang or FTB.

J

jj.jezz

All the Mods Discord channel says mods are working on it. Current fix is to set it to jar launcher in Twitch settings