Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I see MachineMuse's icon and think to myself. You know what would be cool? if the power suit had an option to just hide the helment and awesome wings like that.

Yeah wings are probly to much but toggling visable helment would be cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1364755427][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thats about it. Unless you count Rum as fuel.

Or you can make lava indirectly by useing the biomass to make MJ then lava.

im not in front of my home PC but I think you can spin off sugar or plant balls for methane but im not really sure about that as I can not check that right now.
Thanks, I forgot about plant balls. If they do centrifuge to methane all the better, I want an unnecessarily complicated process.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I want an unnecessarily complicated process.

Start with BT thermopiles are your power source.
Make MJ
Make lava
Use that to make EU

you just any anything you want in IC2/GT unnecessarilt more complicated.

Phase two

Use the oil fabirator to make oil
Start up a liquid HP boiler
Make a bunch of steam
Use that as your power soruce (both MJ and EU)

Phase three

Stop crafting manualy only craft via the autocrafting table (bc) or the craftpackager (facterizon)
build a reactor (nuke or fission) with this process

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
For no apparent reason, I want to fill up my inventory with nothing but an Electric Jetpack and many, many stacks of Snowballs, spawn a few dozen Withers, and fight them while Heart of Courage plays in the background.

On one hand, this is clearly suicide. Though, after one's bested Demise, Raem, Ganondorf half a dozen times, and Edgar George Zomboss, one is clearly used to difficult battles. Do I need professional help?
Best song choice ever...!

And in an attempt to say something on topic:
Why don't Xycraft water blocks work to "power up" aqueous accumulators? That would make it so much easier to use them on frame machines or just to put them in nicer-looking configurations in general. :(

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I see MachineMuse's icon and think to myself. You know what would be cool? if the power suit had an option to just hide the helment and awesome wings like that.

Yeah wings are probly to much but toggling visable helment would be cool.
It does have an option to just hide the helmet.

As for wings: coming soon! Just waiting on that pullrequest in Forge.
finalJetpack.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Best song choice ever...!

And in an attempt to say something on topic:
Why don't Xycraft water blocks work to "power up" aqueous accumulators? That would make it so much easier to use them on frame machines or just to put them in nicer-looking configurations in general. :(

Becuase teh accumulator does not see them as water. TE would have to make that change to see XYwater as vaild.[DOUBLEPOST=1364758393][/DOUBLEPOST]
It does have an option to just hide the helmet.

As for wings: coming soon! Just waiting on that pullrequest in Forge.

Did not know. No offense but powered armor is in the realm of to cheaty to me so I don't use the mod right now. Though it is a great looking mod and everyone seems to love it... and I do mean everyone seems to be running around in it while I am just this luddite Shoop in long fall boots. But its a playstyle thing.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Becuase teh accumulator does not see them as water. TE would have to make that change to see XYwater as vaild.
Yeah, I realize that's what's going on. But lava sees them as water, and since lava isn't from Xycraft any more than the accumulator is, I had my hopes up until I tested it out. I have no idea what is going on at the code level of course. Oh well.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Becuase teh accumulator does not see them as water. TE would have to make that change to see XYwater as vaild.[DOUBLEPOST=1364758393][/DOUBLEPOST]

Did not know. No offense but powered armor is in the realm of to cheaty to me so I don't use the mod right now. Though it is a great looking mod and everyone seems to love it... and I do mean everyone seems to be running around in it while I am just this luddite Shoop in long fall boots. But its a playstyle thing.
cheaty?

o_O

okay...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
cheaty?

o_O

okay...

Its a playstyle thing. Nothing personal and nothing agicent your mod at all.

I tend to play fairly low power. I'm not a huge fan of things like EE or UU mater. And the power armor to me just has to many powers in it. But again that is just my thing I'm not even a fan of jet packs to be honest.

I've also only been playing FTB since about Jan so there is a ton of content left of me to go through before I will be in the realm of 'been there done that' that many people seem to me in. I don't need to fly around my feet work fine. I not going to stress out if it takes me a little longer to collect stuff becuase I can just rip the land up with my bare hands. I don't even use quarrys right now becuase for my play style that are too fast.

But Ive watched the DW20 on your mod and talk to people that use it and it looks great. I'll most likely use it at some point down the road. But for me rigth now what I am play wise it is just not my thing.

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
Its a playstyle thing. Nothing personal and nothing agicent your mod at all.

I tend to play fairly low power. I'm not a huge fan of things like EE or UU mater. And the power armor to me just has to many powers in it. But again that is just my thing I'm not even a fan of jet packs to be honest.

I've also only been playing FTB since about Jan so there is a ton of content left of me to go through before I will be in the realm of 'been there done that' that many people seem to me in. I don't need to fly around my feet work fine. I not going to stress out if it takes me a little longer to collect stuff becuase I can just rip the land up with my bare hands. I don't even use quarrys right now becuase for my play style that are too fast.

But Ive watched the DW20 on your mod and talk to people that use it and it looks great. I'll most likely use it at some point down the road. But for me rigth now what I am play wise it is just not my thing.
Oh, I see. So it's just higher-tech than you're ready for. Some of my friends have said something similar - they're only just starting to look at things beyond Vanilla and only because they add more dungeons and biomes to explore. I'll win them over eventually n.n

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I see. So it's just higher-tech than you're ready for. Some of my friends have said something similar - they're only just starting to look at things beyond Vanilla and only because they add more dungeons and biomes to explore. I'll win them over eventually n.n

Yeah I know I'll use it later. Im a huge powered armor anime nerd fanboy.

Just right now it would be to OP for how I do stuff. Maybe when I finish my mothership project or my new Shoop corp industrail zone project.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
When a Sentry Turret from the portalgun mod kills something, shouldn't the mob drop EXP?
My setup is turrets behind iron bars, and shoot the cows as they spawn from a tier 5 soul shard. However, no exp is dropped.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
When a Sentry Turret from the portalgun mod kills something, shouldn't the mob drop EXP?
My setup is turrets behind iron bars, and shoot the cows as they spawn from a tier 5 soul shard. However, no exp is dropped.

Nope not that I've seen. But you should get the item drops.

If you want exp look at the melee turtle or the TC advanced iron golem (with visor attachment)

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Nope not that I've seen. But you should get the item drops.

If you want exp look at the melee turtle or the TC advanced iron golem (with visor attachment)
Oh, I heard they did. No matter! I'll go ahead and make a turtle one then. Thanks :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
MPS adds a Transparent Armor module for all the armor pieces. Pretty straightforward.

As a side note, I rather like having transparency on all the pieces, and Active Camouflage on the chestplate. I have both modules bound to the same key- so whenever I press "E", I turn into a thin cloud of grayish swirly particles and a floating NEI-bow.

Vaguely reminds me of a glitch I had once in Tekkit back in 1.2.5, before I became aware of FTB... the Zombie Pigman skin became completely invisible once, so the Nether was populated with swarms of floating swords. I'd always had odd textural glitches in Tekkit- that was just a particularly odd one.

Edit:
Simple question: in terms of the rate at which I get rid of flux, am I better off using my silverwood saplings to make one huge pure node or a dozen tiny pure nodes?
I would say a dozen tiny nodes, purely because merging nodes causes Flux. No pun intended.

However, a spam of Pure bees with the Fast Worker trait (look no farther than Cultivated bees) in alvearies might work even better.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I need a bit help, i can't think of a way of doing it :/

I want to automate Industrial Electrolyzer with Applied Energistics. I have a big load of every Kind of Dust that dont have a good use except being electolyzed.
But i can not just put a Export Bus on it, it would stuck and other Dusts would store up.

The only way i know is with RP2 Sorting machines and tell it the exact Amount that it need. But then i would have to export all the Dust out of the AE System and into a chest.

Somebody know another way to do it, that is Fail safe?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I automated an industrial electrolyzer (and the centrifuge, which had the exact same issue), I also thought long and hard about this and finally concluded that there is no other way beyond a RP2 sorting machine pulling specific amounts from a chest. I literally tried six or seven different methods, one more obscure than the next, and nothing worked without errors except this one. It's also one of the more compact setups, just requiring four blocks (inline filter for input from tube network -> buffer chest -> sorter to control amounts -> electrolyzer).

Now, I did not have AE back then.

If I had had it, I would definitely have tried placing a ME interface on top of the electrolyzer and feeding it crafting patters for all the stuff the electrolyzer can handle; for example, one pattern for "Ruby Dust x9 = Chrome Dust x1". Then I just need to have an export bus somewhere in the ME network pointing back into the ME network (for example, point it at a ME interface, maybe even the same you're using on the electrolyzer) that is constantly making requests for chrome dust. This will trigger the ME interface and make it dump ruby dust into the electrolyzer. Do this with as many pattern slots as the interface has room for, and the ME network will attempt to auto-process all these things.

Unfortunately my experience so far with the ME interface is that it will happily insert partial amounts, and those partial amounts will keep sitting in the electrolyzer until more enters the system. You could potentially get unpredictable backlogs with this. Once again, the RP2 sorter is the superior option.

You could, of course, combine the two methods. Instead of a buffer chest, go ME interface -> sorting machine -> electrolyzer. Then tell the interface to export all those items you want electrolyzed. Unfortunately you still need the sorter and can't rely on a filter, because while you can tell the interface to always keep 9 ruby dust exported, you will still end up with partial amounts again when you run out of ruby dust. So there's no way around the sorter as a hard limiter on transferred amounts. But with only 3 blocks, that is the most compact solution yet, and it draws directly from the ME storage network.

Reactions: Velotican

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I want to automate Industrial Electrolyzer with Applied Energistics. I have a big load of every Kind of Dust that dont have a good use except being electolyzed.
But i can not just put a Export Bus on it, it would stuck and other Dusts would store up.

Somebody know another way to do it, that is Fail safe?

I'm still working on this myself, but I made progress that I can share with you.

When I developed my own AE system, I had a problem where I had a huge backlog of tiny dusts that weren't getting processed automatically like most of my quarry output. I thought about it for a while and decided to exploit a quirk in how AE works.

ME Interfaces, as well as being able to hold patterns for external processing (like smelting and electrolyzing) can also keep up to a stack of a specific item held in their internal inventory provided you specify this in the Export Config section of the GUI. What's not as obvious is that if the system knows a method to craft the material to meet the demands of the Interface, it will craft so long as it has the materials available. This has a lot of potential uses on its own.

If you attach an Import Bus to the ME Interface though, as the items show up in the ME Interface they will immediately be imported back into the system if there's somewhere else they're needed in the network. For a system such as mine where you automatically smelt any dusts created by your processing system into ingots and want the tiny dusts included in the processing queue this works perfectly. I have dubbed this little trick the "Force-Crafter Loop".

For what you want where you need a precise quota of dusts processed at any time and have it not attempt the processing if doesn't already have the materials handy, I've yet to successfully develop a system for this. However, there probably is a way to do this with existing AE blocks and cables.

E: Ninjaed by another good answer. There is probably a way to do this in AE but it's going to be pretty elaborate.