[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The work never ends...

I just thought I could get around to moving my apiaries (and cheatingly industrializing them)
Focusing? I'm an absolute master at focuSQUIRREL!!!!

What was I saying?

Oh well. I guess I'll rather just talk abSQUIRREL!!!

Seriously, though, focusing. I start each play session with a proper goal in mind. And a determination to just focus on that. So my goal is the pattern storage... 4 hours later, I have a soul binder, I've bred up stickreed, expanded the nuclear reactor, improved my mob grinder, hunted some blazes, built a couple of rftools power cells, made an electric jetpack (still have to upgrade that to one that can use rf), and not made any progress at all on the actual pattern storage.
:D
I'm usually driven by some need. I'm not seeing you're so unusual in that. Everyone needs to fly, right? So when the suffering from not being able to do so gets too painful, you'll focus on that need. The only spent time I regret is doing repetitive work instead of creating some form of automation for it. Lately, hunting ghasts rather than making a ghast spawner. One thinks, just a short trip into the Nether, but it's always longer than anticipated, and you end up spending more time for a temporary solution to your resource problem than you'd have spent creating a permanent solution.

The thing is, those needs tend to have follow-up needs, which tend to have follow-up needs etc... for instance, I decided to add another, extra-big sphere to my space station because I want a dome that doesn't look cramped with trees in it. However, doing so breaks the circular symmetry, so my space station has now an intuitively suggestive back and front direction. Which is OK since it uses a warp drive to travel. Now what to do with the front after I put the biome dome at the back? I thought of making a meteorite shield using an RFTools shield projector, only for that I need a tier 3 shield projector, for which I need dimensional shards, for which I need to travel to an RFTools dimension, for which I need a dimension builder, for which I need heliumplasma cell and peace essence, for which I need a TechReborn fusion reactor and a syringe with Guardian essence (the other essences should be no problem). I know neither how to run a TR fusion reactor, nor how to find a Guardian, but the reactor is the lesser problem because that's just technology. I can do technology. I tried to find an ocean monument before and failed. I have no idea how to narrow my search.

There's a Minecraft mapper that tells you of likely locations for ocean monuments from your world seed, but following that resulted in my finding....empty waters. What now?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thinking about it there are other mods with fluid placers now too, so this could also be done with an Immerisve Engineering fluid outlet...
Do you know if the fluid outlet can fill a lake? Since neither Buildcraft (for its Flood Gate) nor RotaryCraft (for its liquid spiller) can be in the pack, none of the machines I know to be able to do that are available.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Do you know if the fluid outlet can fill a lake? Since neither Buildcraft (for its Flood Gate) nor RotaryCraft (for its liquid spiller) can be in the pack, none of the machines I know to be able to do that are available.
I believe it can! I can't speak for how long it would take, but it should work - not 100% on the range, but I think it might be up to 64 blocks away.

Reactions: Ieldra

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Wow....that was a successful evening. I actually found an ocean monument and got all the other essences for the peace essence in one playing session, yay! It wasn't the guardian which was the most elusive, but the ocelot. I didn't find one until I set Journeymap to display mobs as large icons. And I crafted all the components for a TechReborn fusion reactor. And I solved my blue slime problem - there actually are blue slimes you can catch in soul vials. And I Mekanized some recipes that didn't work and built three elite factories for the processing of standard ores and making dusts faster. I'm now several steps closer to the dimension builder...

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the recipe Ieldra for the HV Solar arrays. :)

I've got a very basic UU matter generation process going, once again the mod @Integrated Dynamics has come in very handy to preserve my EU.

Updated picture below, added more recyclers.

2zBBrNQ.png

An inventory reader up to checks the inventory in the Mass Fabricator (the top side), if there is nothing in the machines inventory the Redstone writer will emit a Redstone signal (using a Boolean expression comparing the value of the inventory reader to 'false', so if there is no inventory scrap in the machine, the condition will be met resulting in the Redstone writer emitting a Redstone signal), this halts the mass fabricator and allows EU to be restored in between scrap being available.

So far this appears to be stable, the system regains power lost overnight during the day, for now I am not concerned with speed, the server runs 24 x 7.

I have upgraded void miner to level 2.

WYoQuqC.png

BGWh05r.png

I found this little guy sitting in my still to be occupied upper floor :)

Pi6O7GC.png

Resources are flooding in, I've added an Ender Pearl farm up on the top floor, thinking of.

I have taken the advice with respect to Beetroot, there's a cloche now making mountains of it.

I will take advice and get a RFTools Quarry going in the mining world (or maybe.. deep dark?) as soon
as possible.

Then, boost EU power output to boost UU matter output.

I might build a dedicated building just for all that stuff.

So far the two Diesel generators seem to be coping quite well, but also need to add some major capacitor
banks to store RF.

So many things to do....

-= Wuffle =- !

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
A short update to the progress of my space station....

I added another, bigger dome which will eventually have a self-contained biome with trees, water and wild animals. Another 2000 aluminium and more glass than I can count went into that. And then, the reason why I wanted the dimensional shards: a tier 4 shield projector. This station is actually also a starship, as we know, and it has a warp drive. The first screenshot shows it in its stationary state:

601_SpaceStation6.jpg

Here I'm standing on the bridge. In preparation for travel, the lever on the right has activated the meteorite shield. Thanks to IE's cloche, I could produce the 18k string required for the wool that went into the shield blocks in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, shape cards can't do rotated domes so I had to rely on the Building Guide and create the shield shape with shield blocks. I did mention that I added OpenBlocks to the pack? Making this shield shape without it would've taken days otherwise. So it was just an hour during which I had to hold down the RMB on the building guide while shield blocks were placed until I had to take a new batch out of my AE2 system.

601_SpaceStation7.jpg

So here's a panorama shot of my space station in pre-flight mode. Hmm...I should really think about a name.

601_SpaceStation8.jpg

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Ieldra, That looks fantastic :)

How about.. 'Minecrafteprise of USS CraftFleet' ? :)

Seriously liking this mod pack, it's forcing me to go a lot deeper into mods than before.

I am going to build my RFTools quarry and see how big a hole I can make in the mining dimension.
To do that, going to need to get power into another dimension, might use the Dimensional Transceiver, will need two of them.

Did a big clean out of my base, spent a few hours this evening on it (spending a LOT of time on this stuff right now, scary).

The IE wires are all gone, replaced by EnderIO conduits. I've put in a capacitor bank to take power from the generators and
redistribute it, more power everywhere now and less clutter.

I've also built a powered mob spawner, currently set for Blazes, a killer joe is set up with 'The Ender' that I found in a chest, it is set up with a Redstone conduit so I can turn it all on or off as needed, XP Vacuum and item Vacuum blocks take in items and XP, might revisit this setup to integrate it with integrated dynamics, see if I can get it to activate if I fall bellow a set level of whatever I need from those mobs...

Moving all things that are farmed / auto generated into drawers with void and emerald upgrades, compacting drawers for those items which have multiple forms (ingots, blocks etc).

Don't worry, I only use creative mode for taking screenies :)
5wA33QC.png

jE0IaDb.png

xU9KVpS.png

Gathering up a ton of resources for the big push for that mega Solar Panel Ieldra suggests making :)

5XncGEw.png

The only thorn in my side so far is the empowering to make all those damned capacitors, I'm going to just have to knuckle down tomorrow night and whip up a monstrous batch of those damned things, FIVE empowered Restonia crystals for every capacitor, ouch. The only thing that's a bit lacking is my supply of Garnets, as I can make the Resonating Redstone crystals with ender shards and redstone, two items I have in very large supply.

I can get garnets by not processing ruby ore and manually placing the ore and digging it with my fortune pick, though I might try the SAG Mill with dark steel balls.

-= Wuffle =- ~

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Depending on whether you're in more need of RF or items, it might benefit you to empower restonia blocks instead. It does cost more than the individual items I believe (is it 1 mill per crystal or 10 mil for the block?) but you only need 1 set of each item to do a whole block, which can be broken down into 9 crystals afterwards, instead of using 9 of each to make 9 crystals

S

SnowZA

Depending on whether you're in more need of RF or items, it might benefit you to empower restonia blocks instead. It does cost more than the individual items I believe (is it 1 mill per crystal or 10 mil for the block?) but you only need 1 set of each item to do a whole block, which can be broken down into 9 crystals afterwards, instead of using 9 of each to make 9 crystals

Yep. That's correct. Empowering blocks is somewhat easier on the resources, but does cost a bit more RF. In each case, empowering a block of resources costs the same in RF as it would have to empower 10 individual items, but only costs the other resources of one of those items. It does also take slightly longer - it also takes the time it would to do 10 individual ones. If you're short on resources, though, it totally makes sense to go that way - RF is cheap and easy to come by at this point in the pack already, while some of the resources are still quite challenging. (Garnets and Ghast tears, for instance).

C

Closet Gamer

I have a nice suggestion for you, there is an awesome mod called the Replay Mod. https://www.replaymod.com/download/
It records all your footage while you play and then you can go back and watch it in spectator mode with a bunch of features.
+1 internet point. It's a cool mod and quite lightweight

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hey Ieldra, That looks fantastic :)
Thanks again. This is, in fact, turning out to be one of my favorite builds.

Seriously liking this mod pack, it's forcing me to go a lot deeper into mods than before.[/quote]
Indeed so. I can't count the things I did in this pack I never did before. BTW, your base looks nice. What are the blocks you used for the walls of your spawner room?

I am going to build my RFTools quarry and see how big a hole I can make in the mining dimension.
To do that, going to need to get power into another dimension, might use the Dimensional Transceiver, will need two of them.
Save yourself the insane amount of crafting that goes into dimensional transceivers and use linked RFTools powercells instead. It goes like this: Make two powercells. Set one of them to input and connect it to your power generation system. Make two powercell link cards. Create a link ID by putting the card into the lower slot in the centre of the powercell GUI (possibly just the upper left slot, I don't recall exactly how the very first ID is made) for a second, take it out again, then put the card into the upper left slot and leave it there. Now the powercell has a link ID. Put the second card into the lower central slot of the same powercell to give it the same link ID, take it out again, put the second powercell down and put the card into its upper left slot permanently. Now the two powercells have the same ID and can share power across dimensions.

I've had a network of 30 powercells at times. I've also used them for long-range power transfer, which is now less neccessary with the DE power crystals.

The only thorn in my side so far is the empowering to make all those damned capacitors, I'm going to just have to knuckle down tomorrow night and whip up a monstrous batch of those damned things, FIVE empowered Restonia crystals for every capacitor, ouch. The only thing that's a bit lacking is my supply of Garnets, as I can make the Resonating Redstone crystals with ender shards and redstone, two items I have in very large supply.

I can get garnets by not processing ruby ore and manually placing the ore and digging it with my fortune pick, though I might try the SAG Mill with dark steel balls.
Won't work. Fortune picks are the only way to get a good amount of red garnets. I automated that with an auto-placer to place ruby ore blocks, a mechanical user with a Fortune Pick in the first slot to break the block and a ranged collector to pick up stuff. I use the same procedure for draconium ore (you'll get up to 6 piles of draconium dust per ore block instead of 2 that way) and now for dimensional shards after I used the first shards to upgrade my shape card to a Silk Touch quarry.

As for capacitors in general, this annoying procedure has one advantage: you know what chore you'll be avoiding once you'll be able to make them from UU-matter. Oh, and another thing: always make Restonia Blocks, and empower Restonia Blocks, not crystals. That way you only need one set of ingredients per 9 crystals.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your feedback :)

I will investigate the tip RE: Power across dimensions :)

The bricks are 'Wither dust bricks', I like their appearance and gave myself a couple of stacks of them, as they are really black, on my PC basalt bricks just aren't as black as these ones. It's a bit naughty of me I know, but nothing else looked the same. The floor is alabaster, which I have spades of.

Will investigate auto thumping the ruby ores and other ores as well with a fortune pick.

Thanks again. This is, in fact, turning out to be one of my favourite builds.

As for capacitors in general, this annoying procedure has one advantage: you know what chore you'll be avoiding once you'll be able to make them from UU-matter. Oh, and another thing: always make Restonia Blocks, and empower Restonia Blocks, not crystals. That way you only need one set of ingredients per 9 crystals.

My jaw just dropped... literally, I had completely forgotten about this!

-= Wuffle =- !

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Just a short progress report. I finally finished moving all of my stuff - I'll do some pictures later - and built my bee room on my space station. I am approaching the state of being fully self-contained as much as possible - some metals neither bees nor the void miner can give me are the annoying exception. Unfortunately, jungle trees won't grow in my smaller domes and I don't want to put a tree farm in my big one, so eventually I'll have to change all AE2 patterns that require wood from jungle to acacia. Also unfortunately, I can't have a Nether portal in my station since apparently nether portals don't work in space. No problem in practice since I can teleport there with my dislocator, but regrettable nonetheless. I also built a spider spawner since I needed spider eyes, and a ghast spawner since I was fed up of hunting ghasts every time I ran out of their tears. Should've done this earlier. With enough power these spawners have a satisfactory output.

Meanwhile, I'm very busy making Draconic Evolution armor and bow since the next thing I need is a Chaotic Core - required for the creative capacitor bank which is my next goal. The upgrades for the Draconic armor and bow alone cost 108 wyvern cores. Thankfully, this is likely to be the last great expense of Nether Stars. There may be another Awakened core or four somewhere down the line, for instance when making the chaotic core, but not in these numbers. I just hope I'm up to the task of fighting a chaos dragon. If I can even find it.

Oh, and my Atomic Multiplier has seen its first use with dragon hearts. Totally worth it. 1.5 billion RF and a few circuits instead of fighting the dragon three more times - and since the device makes 4 out of 1, I can always use up three and repeat.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you are making some excellent progress :)

As for me, I've just flipped the switch on my RFTools builder :)

As suggested I used the RFTools power cube items with cards, and I made some ender chests to bring loot back...
I was not however, prepared for the mightly deluge of items flooding in, even with the miner voiding lots of things...

I had to take the venerable Arc Furnace out of the bulk processing loop, it's power drain was too much for my base to handle, so a SAG mill with one of those weird upgrades that you can find in chests has stepped in, it's doing a mighty fine job.

The IE Grinder has a flood of ore pouring into it, literally pouring in from the roof.

vC0B3jL.png

EOs6QQA.png

lqaXZ4g.png

At this rate i'll be able to make that massive IC2 Solar mega block soon.

-= Wuffle =- !

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Sounds like you are making some excellent progress :)
Yeah, I now have made everything I need for the creative capacitor bank except for the chaotic core. Man, that was some bit of work. I think I put another 60 patterns into my AE2 system for it, and I sent about 45 billion RF into the atomic multiplier for that, and for rewiring my base completely with draconic-level energy crystals. But it does mean, if I analyze what can be done correctly, that I've only two big hurdles to take before I reach the end of the achievement chain: the chaotic core and the 4096 iridium ore I need for the creative vending upgrade - and I have an idea about the latter. For now, however, I'm going to watch some LP videos to see how DW20 did the stuff I have done.

As for me, I've just flipped the switch on my RFTools builder :)
Congratulations, that's a big step. You do know that you can filter what's mined with a storage filter, right? The built-in voiding functions are nice, but the storage filter has the advantage that the quarry doesn't spend power on the stuff it doesn't mine, and you can use it for targeted mining just like Mekanism's Digital Miner, only way faster.

I was not however, prepared for the mightly deluge of items flooding in, even with the miner voiding lots of things...
:D :D
It's raining ores, LOL. I like it.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks the tip on the filter, I was trying to do my filtering in my inventory system, I like how the miner now just ignores what it's set to filter out, if you filter out dirt as well, you don't even see a hole in the ground, very nice! Big savings on energy as well. Now I'll need to sort out my inventory but that won't take long.

As fond as I am of my 'big machines' from IE for bulk ore processing, I concede it might be time to retire the ore grinder and arc furnace and move to a bank of EnderIO machines.

Three EnderIO Alloy Smelters with those upgrade modules are easily capable of out pacing the Ore Grinder, which is filling up with a huge backlog of things to grind up.

I might put a brace of fully upgraded SAG Mills in place of the grinder and just export via round robin the ores that need processing to them, but I always end up in a bit of quandary here, I need a way to bypass the SAG mills for things I don't want ground up.

I am moving to Storage Modules from RFTools, in the screenies below, you can see my process for sorting out my inventory, i'm extracting the contents of my EnderIO storage units one by one, identifying which items go into compactors/drawers etc and then populating the drawers on the right, putting void and emerald upgrades into them, taping them up and putting into the drawer network. Conduit is feeding on a dedicated channel into drawer controller.

The idea is to not flood the storage modules with things that are generated by automated processes.

wJGlUJy.png

-= Wuffle =- !

C

Closet Gamer

Thanks the tip on the filter, I was trying to do my filtering in my inventory system, I like how the miner now just ignores what it's set to filter out, if you filter out dirt as well, you don't even see a hole in the ground, very nice! Big savings on energy as well. Now I'll need to sort out my inventory but that won't take long.

As fond as I am of my 'big machines' from IE for bulk ore processing, I concede it might be time to retire the ore grinder and arc furnace and move to a bank of EnderIO machines.

Three EnderIO Alloy Smelters with those upgrade modules are easily capable of out pacing the Ore Grinder, which is filling up with a huge backlog of things to grind up.

I might put a brace of fully upgraded SAG Mills in place of the grinder and just export via round robin the ores that need processing to them, but I always end up in a bit of quandary here, I need a way to bypass the SAG mills for things I don't want ground up.

I am moving to Storage Modules from RFTools, in the screenies below, you can see my process for sorting out my inventory, i'm extracting the contents of my EnderIO storage units one by one, identifying which items go into compactors/drawers etc and then populating the drawers on the right, putting void and emerald upgrades into them, taping them up and putting into the drawer network. Conduit is feeding on a dedicated channel into drawer controller.

The idea is to not flood the storage modules with things that are generated by automated processes.

wJGlUJy.png

-= Wuffle =- !

If you need a way to bypass your sag mills check out ep40 of my LP. There are lots of things you want either sag'd, macerated or left alone. I did it with EnderIO advanced item filters mostly.

------------------------
*Never be afraid to ask when you do not understand*
------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: WuffleFluffy