Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is modpack 1.10.2 like sky factory 3 need 4gb ram to play or something else like cpu,video card to play or just need ram ? Also when i play modpack 1.7.10 it was so lag with screen loading and took about 30 mins to switch to main screen , what that's problem or just my ram too low
( Sorry my english bad )
1.7 packs could usually get by with 4gb RAM. Changes to the base game code require 1.10+ packs to use more RAM, usually around 6gb is enough.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
1.7 packs could usually get by with 4gb RAM. Changes to the base game code require 1.10+ packs to use more RAM, usually around 6gb is enough.

Remember, don't allocate the total amount of your installed ram to Minecraft... Your OS needs between 1 and 2 GB depending on the version and if you have "Integrated Graphics" then another 256 to 512MB chunk is lost as well.

If you're running on a laptop with a total of 4GB installed then I would allocate no more than 2GB to Minecraft (with a 1.7.10 pack) and lower all the standard settings controlling graphics quality to get the best performance. Or, if possible, upgrade ram to a minimum 6GB. 8GB may be easier since I don't think they make 3GB dimms any more.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes and no. QE on the Botania side has a duct set to pull that puts into a chest. Extraction from the chest is via Sorter, it can then color the item depending on what it's destination. So iron to be transformed becomes dark blue, and goes one way. Mana steel to be returned becomes dark green and goes another. (Use the Configurator and shift right click to change the color of a Logistical Pipe to filter what colors are allowed through.)

Same again on the other end.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yes and no. QE on the Botania side has a duct set to pull that puts into a chest. Extraction from the chest is via Sorter, it can then color the item depending on what it's destination. So iron to be transformed becomes dark blue, and goes one way. Mana steel to be returned becomes dark green and goes another. (Use the Configurator and shift right click to change the color of a Logistical Pipe to filter what colors are allowed through.)

Same again on the other end.
Ah OK! I think that should work? I definitely need to make sure its not set to auto eject in that case. What would stop the finished stuff going round in a loop, from the QE to the chest, pulled out on dark green and sent back to the QE and so on? While it should be pulled out of the other QE by the duct at that side, anecdotally I've found that doesn't seem to happen. I'll play with it some more - right now it seems to work okay, but if I can make it more efficient I will.

Likewise I can definitely improve my piping with the various metallurgic infusers I've got set up, if the "strict input" that can be coloured works the way I think it does.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The Logistical sorter is a filter system, so when you open it, you can add filters for item stacks, or filter by mods, and color the items like that. And once colored it can't pass through pipes of any other color.

Explaining it is a bit hard, but I used it on video here. Didn't work out quite the way I wanted there for some reason, but it illustrates why it'll work for what you're after.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The Logistical sorter is a filter system, so when you open it, you can add filters for item stacks, or filter by mods, and color the items like that. And once colored it can't pass through pipes of any other color.

Explaining it is a bit hard, but I used it on video here. Didn't work out quite the way I wanted there for some reason, but it illustrates why it'll work for what you're after.
Ah so if I colour the pipe going from QE to chest a different colour from that heading back to the QE from the chest after the Transporter, then it shouldn't loop through! And it will keep its colour when its gone through the QE?

I shall watch that video when I get chance, thanks Triaxx!

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
So I've been playing Modern Skyblock 2, and quite enjoying it. Just got to making gold for the first time.

Logged into the game today, and my quest book is completely blank. No quests, default picture, everything. Um... halp?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I don't know if it keeps it's color when it passes the QE, but as long as the QE dumps straight into a chest that's sorted it will pick up the color there and so it shouldn't matter.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So I've been playing Modern Skyblock 2, and quite enjoying it. Just got to making gold for the first time.

Logged into the game today, and my quest book is completely blank. No quests, default picture, everything. Um... halp?

The same thing happened to me with 'In the Sea' - I'd also be interested in finding out what caused it.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
The same thing happened to me with 'In the Sea' - I'd also be interested in finding out what caused it.
Please let me know if you figure anything out! I even applied the update that just came out and that didn't help... Considering uninstalling+reinstalling, but I'm not sure how to do that without losing my world...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Please let me know if you figure anything out! I even applied the update that just came out and that didn't help... Considering uninstalling+reinstalling, but I'm not sure how to do that without losing my world...
U might be able to dig out the quest book data from a backup.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Well restoring a backup worked, but I lost a lot of quest completes... gonna have to jump into Creative and short circuit a few quests. I also noticed when I was restoring the backup that the QuestDatabase.json file had renamed itself to malformedQuestDatabase.json0.json, which I assume is a symptom of it being corrupted. No idea HOW it got corrupted, though.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Well restoring a backup worked, but I lost a lot of quest completes... gonna have to jump into Creative and short circuit a few quests. I also noticed when I was restoring the backup that the QuestDatabase.json file had renamed itself to malformedQuestDatabase.json0.json, which I assume is a symptom of it being corrupted. No idea HOW it got corrupted, though.

U can admin command complete quests in that book but i remember(its been awhile so forgive me if things have changed) it being very picky about command structure when doing ,so creative is probably the better way to handle detect quests.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
U can admin command complete quests in that book but i remember(its been awhile so forgive me if things have changed) it being very picky about command structure when doing ,so creative is probably the better way to handle detect quests.

Unless I'm mistaken, both In The Sea and Modern Skyblock use the 'Better Questing' mod to handle questbooks. Part of me was amused at the irony, since the writer of In The Sea made a point of putting up signs in-world about how BQ is better than HQM. (I haven't yet had an HQM book glitch that hard, and the 'op' questbook is easy enough to acquire and use, from what I've seen posted.)

X

xFreak666

Hello everyone , I'm here to ask if there's an FTB Beyond update anytime soon. I really love this modpack and I noticed that Opencomputers got a new version (1.7.0) that re-add AE2 Integration and I'm really looking forward to do all kind of stuff with that , Thanks!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello everyone , I'm here to ask if there's an FTB Beyond update anytime soon. I really love this modpack and I noticed that Opencomputers got a new version (1.7.0) that re-add AE2 Integration and I'm really looking forward to do all kind of stuff with that , Thanks!
I suspect that Beyond may not get any further updates unless there is anything gamebreaking - however you can certainly add mods yourself using the Edit Mod Pack feature. I added one or two things myself, it's fairly straightforward - have fun!

X

xFreak666

I suspect that Beyond may not get any further updates unless there is anything gamebreaking - however you can certainly add mods yourself using the Edit Mod Pack feature. I added one or two things myself, it's fairly straightforward - have fun!
I hope it does get an update. I'm playing on a server adding mods means that everyone has to add it which is not that practical unfortunately , Thanks for your reply.