Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What do you guys do to take down the cages around the healing crystals for fighting the End Dragon?

If you didn't have flight yet, how would you do it?
Honestly, I would go with ladders and a pickaxe. Possibly putting a bucket of water at the bottom in case I fall off.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What do you guys do to take down the cages around the healing crystals for fighting the End Dragon?

If you didn't have flight yet, how would you do it?
doesn't quark add explosive arrows ? The crystals react to any dmg and detonate , this means explosion dmg will cause them to go bye bye(chaos guardian is a different story entirely)

P

p1ddly

Infinity evolved Skyblock got an update with HQM. How do i get the Questbook in the beginning? Or is it intentional that i can build it after getting into leather and paper?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Infinity evolved Skyblock got an update with HQM. How do i get the Questbook in the beginning? Or is it intentional that i can build it after getting into leather and paper?

Usually there's a simple recipe for the HQM book (If TiCo is in the pack, remember that two patterns, string and paper will also make a book, and wood is easier to come by than cows.)

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
This is going to be a bit of an odd question, but:

I've been playing a 1.2.5 world for nostalgia lately, and I'm trying to farm some TC2 Tainted Crystals in order to combat a big taint patch. I know that regular crystals need a positively charged aura to grow - do Tainted ones need a negative charge? Also, about how long do they take to grow one stage?

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding frame rate optimization, if a chunk with a connect texture spans a chunk border, and the original chunk is forced to redraw, will it also cause any chunks with connected textures to redraw as well?

I am marking chunk borders with thickened glowstone glass from TE (e.g. 4 in a square, one in each chunk at a corner) so I have that as a guide without having F9 on all the time. But, I don't know if the smeltery (notorious for constantly redrawing the chunk), may be causing connected chunks to redraw as well due to the connected texture of the thickened glass. The smeltery itself is entirely located within a single chunk; rather, I wanted to know how redraws affect connected textures that span chunk borders.

(There is an old imgur album that somewhat demonstrates the concept on which I am basing this question, although it didn't cover it specifically - it was talking about how growth pulsers should be kept inside a chunk to prevent hitching frames, with respect to a farm. I'd have linked it as a reference but unfortunately I can't find the link again.)

S

Symsyr

So, my friend and I are going to be playing IE Skyblock, just because I miss Thaumcraft and he prefers Skyblocks now. I know that FTBIslands is supposed to be able to let us create new islands but you have to be OP to do so. Is there a way to make new islands without being OP or a mod similar to itsbecauseuhasnogoodspawn for 1.7.10? Especially since FTBIslands doesn't like command blocks and using /island_create @p will actually create an island named @p instead of targeting the player

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well dangit. Is it possible to restore (not OP-overwrite) a BetterQuesting quest book from backup? Been playing a pack for a while, and for some reason my questbook is completely blank now. (Shows the 'Minecraft' theme, no quests listed at all.) The pack does automatic backups, and I've found where it looks like the data would be saved, but I'm not sure what files to shift over.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thermal Dynamics Itemducts: Is there a way to set destination priorities in the new versions (1.12 etc) ? Once upon a time I'm sure I was able to make dense itemducts and such, which would alter the "distance" of the pipe to change its priority, but I don't see dense itemducts in JEI (I may also simply be doing something dumb)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thermal Dynamics Itemducts: Is there a way to set destination priorities in the new versions (1.12 etc) ? Once upon a time I'm sure I was able to make dense itemducts and such, which would alter the "distance" of the pipe to change its priority, but I don't see dense itemducts in JEI (I may also simply be doing something dumb)

I think there's either a servo or some kind of filter that you apply to the itemduct that serves the purpose. @Raetac is using itemducts extensively in his Galactic Science 2 series, so I remember hearing this fairly recently.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think there's either a servo or some kind of filter that you apply to the itemduct that serves the purpose. @Raetac is using itemducts extensively in his Galactic Science 2 series, so I remember hearing this fairly recently.
For some reason I keep thinking you're supposed to right-click....something...onto a duct to make it dense or whatever. Like, right-click lead ingot or something.

I won't be surprised if its the duct itself you tweak rather than the servos. The routing seems to pursue a sort of weak A* algorithm (pathfinding) where the "dense" operator just changes the cost of a node. If that's the case, you could make any section dense.