[1.10.2] Age of Engineering

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
But they dont look like the normal ender io capacitors? then it could be. its hard to tell how they look.
they are ender io capacitors with random stats. They are nice because they can easily be as good as an octadic, and the basic capacitors are pretty expensive in this pack.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
but I don't think that any of them are as good as the octadic capacitor which is craftable only.
Actually the better ones are better than an octadic. Wonder and Impossible capacitors pull ahead for general power, Premium, Incredibly, and Unstable for the specific effects are the best three. A maxed capacitor in a stirling gen I think gives like 3x the RF/t as an octadic for reference, been a while since I had to check that though so probably remembering the number a bit wrong.

Reactions: triggerfinger12

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Actually the better ones are better than an octadic. Wonder and Impossible capacitors pull ahead for general power, Premium, Incredibly, and Unstable for the specific effects are the best three. A maxed capacitor in a stirling gen I think gives like 3x the RF/t as an octadic for reference, been a while since I had to check that though so probably remembering the number a bit wrong.
Good to know, thank you!

R

randomplayer

I don't know if it's related to Aoe or if it's a problem with Base metals but this is the most efficient trade ever :
YnvcA1G

Basically you just an emerald in the slot and it's not consumed ==> Infinite tin swords. Even if it can't be transformed into tin ingots this might happen with other Base Metals villager trades

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed the requirements for actually USING the IC2 reactor. Plutonium and related products litter the late game. I'm sure I'll be able to replicate plutonium latter, once I can scan it, but until then the only source is a reactor.

Having said that, I am pretty sure reactor math changed between the old 1.2.5 days and the new ic2 experimental in use in this pack. Are there any good collections of safe designs out there? I know there used to be a website to let you simulate reactors, but I've not been able to get it to work for years.

Any help?

These threads were my reference for how IC2exp reactors worked in 1.7.x, I presume they havnt changed. The 3rd link is to a simulator that can load the reactors listed on the threads by copying the url into the clipboard and clicking on the "paste" button.

----

If reading all that is too much then here are my favorite reactor - non mox - designs.

Assuming you want to automate the reactors and have them up 100% of the time with no worries about heating I designed them with no empty spaces, and all fuel rods of the same type, so its easy to use simple pipes to insert and remove full and depleted fuel rods and you don't need to mess around turning the thing on and off to ensure it remains cool.
The first is the highest power reactor I know of that has an efficiency of at least 4, that fulfills the basic automation requirements, and the 2nd is the highest effieciency reactor (4.33) that I know of that fulfills them.

sNp04CE.png

hrONZRL.png

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Also, thank you, I was trying to remember how to get lava in to the smeltry to make lava wood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

With a lava bucket, right click on the Smeltery DRAIN block, the block you attach faucets to.

These not only allow liquid to flow FROM a Smeltery but also INTO a Smeltery.

It was a very, very long time until I accidently realized this lol.

It's a very easy way to manufacture Obsidian using a basin, and a bucket of water and a bucket of lava, either for an obsidian block
or to make an obsidian sharpening kit (Not sure if they are in this version of Tinkers in AOE?).

-Wuffle!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
With a lava bucket, right click on the Smeltery DRAIN block, the block you attach faucets to.

These not only allow liquid to flow FROM a Smeltery but also INTO a Smeltery.

It was a very, very long time until I accidently realized this lol.

It's a very easy way to manufacture Obsidian using a basin, and a bucket of water and a bucket of lava, either for an obsidian block
or to make an obsidian sharpening kit (Not sure if they are in this version of Tinkers in AOE?).

-Wuffle!

It took me the longest time to find this out. In my previous Infinity Evolved Skyblock map I spent days without access to basic things as I was trying to find a combination of pipes and tanks that could be used to put lava into a smeltery without using RF.

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
More IC2 reactor designs that work, 100% stable, zero heat gained and use a single rod type so easy to automate. First one makes 100 eu/t and requires no extra chambers, the other is full sized and makes 420 eu/t.

Attachments

• 100.png
    100.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 420.png
    420.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 121

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Lastly if anyone is looking for a seed reactor this one is stable at 380eu/t and uses 38 rods per cycle which is a nice jump from the 28 used in the 420 reactor above.

It also goes without saying, if this is your first time playing with reactors backup your world. ;) Also it would be even better to setup a creative test world and get familiar with all the necessary components and the tier power it will be generating so you do not blow up stuff.

Attachments

• 380.png
    380.png
    20 KB · Views: 91

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Lastly if anyone is looking for a seed reactor this one is stable at 380eu/t and uses 38 rods per cycle which is a nice jump from the 28 used in the 420 reactor above.

It also goes without saying, if this is your first time playing with reactors backup your world. ;) Also it would be even better to setup a creative test world and get familiar with all the necessary components and the tier power it will be generating so you do not blow up stuff.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by seed reactor? Just one that burns uranium for plutonium?

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by seed reactor? Just one that burns uranium for plutonium?

I think I just got caught using a term I heard but didn't think too much about. My intent was to say if you have the uranium to burn and want to get the most plutonium possible per cycle go with that design. If you just want max eu/t for say running your molecular transformer to get your first stack of irridium as soon as possible then go with something like the 420 design.

I have not tinkered with MOX yet, but once I complete a few more cycles on the reactors I do have I want to build something that is still stable but has a higher output to make irridium even faster. I should switch over to ultimate hybrid solars but i want to figure out other reactor setups first as solars are just "set it and forget it."

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Some questions:

- Has anyone here played with IC2 Water Turbines and know anything about increasing their efficiency? My base is near a river though I had to dig out a trench for it to be deep enough to fit the rotor. I'm only getting and 55 kenetic units (about 15 eu/t) with the top tier rotor which is disappointing. If I cant figure it out I might switch to a wind tower.
- What ways are there to capture/move villagers (not for a spawner)? The village nearest my base is on impossibly steep hills and too much of a pain to secure in place so I want to relocate them.
- Is there any low tier (age 4 or sooner) autocrafting?
- Besides the drying basin and building blocks, has anyone found any good uses for Integrated Dyhamics? I'd like to learn what the mod is about but need a project.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Some questions:

- Has anyone here played with IC2 Water Turbines and know anything about increasing their efficiency? My base is near a river though I had to dig out a trench for it to be deep enough to fit the rotor. I'm only getting and 55 kenetic units (about 15 eu/t) with the top tier rotor which is disappointing. If I cant figure it out I might switch to a wind tower.
- What ways are there to capture/move villagers (not for a spawner)? The village nearest my base is on impossibly steep hills and too much of a pain to secure in place so I want to relocate them.
- Besides the drying basin and building blocks, has anyone found any good uses for Integrated Dyhamics? I'd like to learn what the mod is about but need a project.
The Soul Vial from EnderIO is actually an excellent method of moving mobs I've found - its often overlooked as people just use the captured souls for one thing and another, but a mob can be captured and released ad infinitum with no problems. I haven't checked whether the villager type remains the same when released, but I would expect it to.

Reactions: zBob

Iovancar

Jul 29, 2019
Some questions:

2) To capture mobs, and if you don't already have access to soul vials you can also craft a golden lasso from extra utilities 2.

3) For autocrafting, I think you can make the crafter from progressive automation at any age.

4) I use Integrating Dynamics to monitor my power. It can automaticaly shuts down machines that use a lot of power when I'm low on power.
I used it early game, but it can also be used for more advanced stuff.
For instance, I have a molecular transformer and a replicator that use a ton of EU to produce iridium. Integrated dynamics checks if my MFSU goes below 50% power and stops the iridium production.
And when it reaches 80% it turns it back on again.
It can all be done with integrated dynamics and a RS NOR LATCH (with redstone or supercircuit maker).
Of course it can also be done using only supercircuit maker but Integrated Dynimics is way more precise.
But note that without Integrated dynamics, monitoring a MFSU needs a comparator with a redstone clock attached as you need to force a block update.

Edit : Another use could be for precise fluid monitoring. Maybe for Deep resonnance, as you need to have a tank 50% full of lava. You could use Integrated dynamics to allow some lava to go in the tank while it's less than 50% full.
And as long as you manage to automate something, you can use this mod to turn on/off the automation based on what you have in your storage system.

Last edited:
Reactions: zBob
C

Chriss22

is the newest version 1.0.4 bugged? somehow the recipes are on "easy mode" and not the hard recipes i know from 1.0.3

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
nope. just downloaded the newest version on a new profile

It sounds like the scripts did not download or load up properly, so I would first recommend deleting that new profile and try the download again.

This also gets annoying to troubleshoot via forum posts so if you jump onto the discord server people can help you in real time on the support channel.

https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM

Lastly if you are familiar with programs like Beyond Compare or WinMerge you could compare the 1.0.3 directory to the 1.0.4 version and see if things are different besides the mod versions that updated.