Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Also, has anyone run into an issue with ender tanks on absorption hoppers? I set the correct face for fluids, and I see the connector. The ender chest is working as advertised, but not getting anything into the ender tank...

Edit: nm, just had to re-place it

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Just want to say that instead of using diamond spikes, one can use the attraction obelisk and zap the mobs with atomic reconstructor equipped with Lens of The Killer - it makes them drop xp and PK-items.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just want to say that instead of using diamond spikes, one can use the attraction obelisk and zip the mobs with atomic reconstructor equipped with Lens of The Killer - it makes them drop xp and PK-items.
Its nice to hear about someone using the Lens of the Killer :D I thought that sounded like an awesome alternative mob-slaying option, but not one I'd got round to trying due to my potato issues.

I wonder: has anyone used that for wither killing at all? I've been trying to hypothesise a way of getting withers spawned and killed, in which I have access to witherproof blocks, but not Draconic Dvolution or RF Tools and their advantages. Would it be viable, for example, to use mechanical users to place the blocks, then vector plates to scoot the wither away from that area while its still spawning, then the Atomic Reconstructor + Lens to shoot it so it kills the beastie but won't be destroyed by the wither's blasts?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
ender io has a recipe chain for green dye

so, about this. Am I doing this wrong, or is this craziness? This was what I could decipher from the chain of JEI clicks...

I would need to run some dandelions through the SAG mill, and each one has a 10% chance of dropping plant parts. Then I need 12 of those plant parts per slime ball in the alloy smelter to make TWO green dyes?? That's like 60 dandelions and a half a slime ball per dye. That's nuts!

Was the ability to combine dyes like normal removed or something? That is a puzzling thing if that's the case. I know through experience that you definitely could do it in 1.7.10, but I can't be 100% sure that wasn't from a mod I added. It just seems like such a natural thing to exist.

I don't want to go find a desert until I have enough ender pearls to make a waystone, not to mention a waystone back at my base. That could be a while because that's 4 pearls each stone. I'm also trying to set up drawers and bits drawers for every color of stained glass for a future project. Is collecting all the colors going to be harder than I thought?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
so, about this. Am I doing this wrong, or is this craziness? This was what I could decipher from the chain of JEI clicks...

I would need to run some dandelions through the SAG mill, and each one has a 10% chance of dropping plant parts. Then I need 12 of those plant parts per slime ball in the alloy smelter to make TWO green dyes?? That's like 60 dandelions and a half a slime ball per dye. That's nuts!

Was the ability to combine dyes like normal removed or something? That is a puzzling thing if that's the case. I know through experience that you definitely could do it in 1.7.10, but I can't be 100% sure that wasn't from a mod I added. It just seems like such a natural thing to exist.

I don't want to go find a desert until I have enough ender pearls to make a waystone, not to mention a waystone back at my base. That could be a while because that's 4 pearls each stone. I'm also trying to set up drawers and bits drawers for every color of stained glass for a future project. Is collecting all the colors going to be harder than I thought?
Unfortunately, green dye has always been a modded thing; cactus green (produced from cactus) is the only vanilla way to get it. I believe certain things, like black dye and green dye are added by some mods, but you will need to follow those mods routes for getting there.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Guess I'll just not know what how it easy it is to be green for a little while then :p

So, does that mean the other colors won't combine either? I'm preeeety sure I mixed yellow and red to make orange. I don't get how yellow and blue doesn't make green, though I suppose that could be an exception because "blue dye" in vanilla is lapis lazuli...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Guess I'll just not know what how it easy it is to be green for a little while then :p

So, does that mean the other colors won't combine either? I'm preeeety sure I mixed yellow and red to make orange. I don't get how yellow and blue doesn't make green, though I suppose that could be an exception because "blue dye" in vanilla is lapis lazuli...
The vanilla ones (such as rose red + dandelion yellow = orange, rose red + bonemeal = pink etc) will all work, but there was never a dandelion yellow + lapis = cactus green.

LIME green is made with cactus and bonemeal, but again that's vanilla.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, it must have been a mod, then. Whatever it was, it even made cactus green, not some new green dye. But anway, that's not so bad as long as it doesn't mean I can't make the other colors, too.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
2 more entirely unrelated questions:

How are you all storing your XP (Beyond-ish)? I had been using the singularity tank from mob grinding utils, but that only holds so much and doesn't appear to automatically spill over. I use advanced enchanting table and that uses a ton of XP, so I need to store a lot of it.

And, I made the grinder from mob grinding utils. Love it, works great. But I'm looking at the upgrades and they seem like mostly vanilla enchants, plus beheading. For the looting upgrade specifically, it lets you upgrade it up to 10 times. Am I getting the equivalent of looting X?? Or am I getting some dumbed down version that takes 10 upgrades to equal Looting III?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
2 more entirely unrelated questions:

How are you all storing your XP (Beyond-ish)? I had been using the singularity tank from mob grinding utils, but that only holds so much and doesn't appear to automatically spill over. I use advanced enchanting table and that uses a ton of XP, so I need to store a lot of it.
I've never managed to fill an Ender IO experience obelisk so I always use that. You can feed it liquid xp or just use the GUI and dump your player xp into it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ahh, that doesn't seem so bad then. Either way, I think I'm just going to trust my trusty Loot X infused mob grinder (if that's what it is, the internet came up empty on that one, but if I am suddenly flooded with ender pearls, you'll hear about it) will net me the required ender pearls so I can just set up a desert location anyway.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Does your pack have Botania in it? If so, green petal powder is normally ore dictionaried to cactus green.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Does your pack have Botania in it? If so, green petal powder is normally ore dictionaried to cactus green.

I do! I'll look for that, thank you!

So, I answered.y own question about the loot on the mob grinder. I just watched 4 blazes die, and that netted me 21 blaze rods. I'm gonna go with it's actually Looting X. Or I'm just super lucky. The sample size is a bit small.

Edit: yeah. Wow. Everything drops like 8 of everything. This is insane. And omg so needed because I need ender pearls.

Lol, a witch just dropped 8 redstone, 11 glass bottles and a potion.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Here's a question that may or may not be simple: does the Extra Utilities 2 scanner detect the difference between an untapped and tapped rubber tree log block?

I realise the EnderIO automated farm doohickey makes this rather moot, but assuming you didn't have that, could you set up a system to detect if the log in front of it has refilled with resin, and if so send a pulse to a User to right-click with a tree-tap, and vac-hopper up the resin in some way?