[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

K

KocLobster

Could someone please, please tell me how to shift click things from inventory directly into a crafting table or the smaller 4x4 inventory crafting area? Is it a setting in one of the mods this modpack uses? I've never been able to do this in any version of MC or any modpack.

If I had to guess, I would think this is a part of InventoryTweaks, or another mod that changes how the interface works. I'm also guessing this feature isn't exclusive to Regrowth.

I hope I've done a good enough job describing what I'm talking about, because I'm posting from my phone and I'm not currently able to find the correct time on the videos on YouTube that first made me realize this was possible.

Edit: Just to clarify, the YouTube videos I'm talking about are a series on Regrowth (I didn't just pick a random modpack's forum thread). I'll link the series below, but I wasn't able to find one of the exact moments when he does what I'm describing above.

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone please, please tell me how to shift click things from inventory directly into a crafting table or the smaller 4x4 inventory crafting area? Is it a setting in one of the mods this modpack uses? I've never been able to do this in any version of MC or any modpack.

If I had to guess, I would think this is a part of InventoryTweaks, or another mod that changes how the interface works. I'm also guessing this feature isn't exclusive to Regrowth.

I hope I've done a good enough job describing what I'm talking about, because I'm posting from my phone and I'm not currently able to find the correct time on the videos on YouTube that first made me realize this was possible.

Edit: Just to clarify, the YouTube videos I'm talking about are a series on Regrowth (I didn't just pick a random modpack's forum thread). I'll link the series below, but I wasn't able to find one of the exact moments when he does what I'm describing above.

Hold W and click. It's added by CraftingTweaks, though I think InvTweaks has similar too.

Reactions: KocLobster

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Does anybody know of a way to automate Regrowth's farms,that doesn't involve taking down cropsticks? I'm thinking of enslaving hobs,but I don't know if it'll work.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of a way to automate Regrowth's farms,that doesn't involve taking down cropsticks? I'm thinking of enslaving hobs,but I don't know if it'll work.

Thaumcraft Golems.....

WARNING Picture heavy post inbound:

Seems my Regrowth world has gone AWOL, but I took a few minutes to build the control circuits I was talking about:

Basic Crate Control:
Basic Crate Control.jpg

Resonant Redcrystal Crate Control:
Redcrystal Crate Control.jpg

Shutoff Circuit with chest contents set to 75%:
Shutoff Circuit.jpg

Turn On Circuit with chest contents set to 25%:
Turn On Circut.jpg

The two circuits combined. This has a high redstone output when mana is < 25% or > 75%:
Combo Circuit.jpg

Here is the same circuit using Dim Redcrystal instead of chests. Dim Redcrystal allows you to directly specify the output strength:
Combo Using Redcrystal.jpg

This is the same circuit using Remote Comparators to monitor the mana pool:
Combo Using Remote Comparators.jpg

Add a T Flipflop that triggers on a rising edge and you get a circuit that turns on below 25% and off above 75%:
Combo Plus T Flip Flop.jpg

Here is the whole circuit, connected to the crate control system:
Full Circuit.jpg

Final product:
Final mana gen.jpg

Sorry if I blew up your internet!

Morden

Last edited:

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
"Blew up your internet." PAH! I live on a military base,which means stronk internet. At least,in Ontario.

As for the golems; I thought golems on farming duty operated by smashing the mature crops,then placing the yield in a container,while a different golem went about replanting? Then again,Witchery's hobs probably operate on a similar principle.

As for the Mana Pool automation... I've stuck a Hopper Upgrade into my barrels. To my knowledge,that obviates the need for an actual hopper in between the output barrel and the Open Crate. Would this be true? Next up,dat Redcrystal. Looks tasty,and easy. RedPower easy. Thanks for the visualisation!

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
"Blew up your internet." PAH! I live on a military base,which means stronk internet. At least,in Ontario.

As for the golems; I thought golems on farming duty operated by smashing the mature crops,then placing the yield in a container,while a different golem went about replanting? Then again,Witchery's hobs probably operate on a similar principle.

As for the Mana Pool automation... I've stuck a Hopper Upgrade into my barrels. To my knowledge,that obviates the need for an actual hopper in between the output barrel and the Open Crate. Would this be true? Next up,dat Redcrystal. Looks tasty,and easy. RedPower easy. Thanks for the visualisation!

You are correct about how the Golems normally operate. But they know how to handle Agricraft and will not tear up the plant and crop sticks, so no replanting golem needed. That said there is currently a bug that requires you to make sure the crops are kept at high light levels at all times or the golems will destroy them.

I have never used Hobs for gardening, but unless they have special behaviors for Agricraft they won't work.

As far as the Hopper Upgrade, I don't think they stop pumping when they get redstone, so you won't be able to shut off the flow of coal.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
You are correct about how the Golems normally operate. But they know how to handle Agricraft and will not tear up the plant and crop sticks, so no replanting golem needed. That said there is currently a bug that requires you to make sure the crops are kept at high light levels at all times or the golems will destroy them.

I have never used Hobs for gardening, but unless they have special behaviors for Agricraft they won't work.

As far as the Hopper Upgrade, I don't think they stop pumping when they get redstone, so you won't be able to shut off the flow of coal.

The Open Crate will cease operation when given a redstone signal,which will,by extension,cause the barrel to cease output,as the destination inventory (The Open Crate's single slot) is full. That's my understanding,at least.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
The Open Crate will cease operation when given a redstone signal,which will,by extension,cause the barrel to cease output,as the destination inventory (The Open Crate's single slot) is full. That's my understanding,at least.

AFAIK Redstone to an open crate just changes how the items it drops interact with flowers (for example making it take longer for the endoflames to pick up the coal). it doesn't prevent the crate from dropping.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
AFAIK Redstone to an open crate just changes how the items it drops interact with flowers (for example making it take longer for the endoflames to pick up the coal). it doesn't prevent the crate from dropping.

I've used levers to switch of Open Crates before. In fact,it's what I used before moving the system underground into my Mana Shaft.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
Botania's Horn of the Wild and Drum of the Wild will harvest crops and leave crop sticks in place. The various hourglasses (Thaumcraft and Botania) using a pulse mana spreader makes automating the Drum relatively easy. You just need to watch the Drums area of effect so you don't harvest something you don't want to harvest. The Hopperhock will pick up the harvest and feed it to a chest or other inventory. I set up a system to harvest essences, feed them to a Crafty Crate to turn them into the product, pick up the product and feed it to another Crafty Crate and pick up the resulting blocks and put them into a chest. Using just one Hopperhock (and lots of item frames)!

Last edited:

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
I've used levers to switch of Open Crates before. In fact,it's what I used before moving the system underground into my Mana Shaft.

Just ran a quick test and a redstone signal does not stop the crate from dropping it's contents.

My guess is that on your previous setup you were using a hopper to push items into the crate, and the redstone signal from the lever on the crate was passing through the crate and stopping the hopper. Strong redstone signals propagate through solid blocks as weak redstone signals.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019

Forestry multifarms work as well, though they may be further along the tech tree than you currently are. They also need water and power input which is more automating work, but one small lava multifarm can supply rather a lot of things with power once you get there. Assuming you don't just decide to turn mana into power via a certain Botania block called the Mana Fluxfield.
Conversion rate (two years old, take with grain of salt):
https://www.reddit.com/r/botania/comments/2zlc80/what_is_the_conversion_rate_of_mana_to_rf/

As to the Aer cake farm making a ton of mana..... I'm guessing you've never messed with the singularities and associated machines from AE2, or Draconic Evolution, or late game ProjectE, or a bunch of the other late game-ramp mods out there.... ;)
Btw, you may need that much mana if you're planning on using the Terra Shatterer. That thing is a mana sponge like almost nothing else.
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Terra_Shatterer

Oh, and there's a wither farm somewhere in this thread (I think) that uses Bellethornes to kill the things. Considering how much hp they have, that's a lot of mana as well.
Plus the Loonium if you'd rather not go dungeon diving for loot, plus the Orechid if you want the actual ore blocks for any reason, Agricarnation for faster crop growth (only crops that can be bonemealed, but they stack), Bubbells if you ever want to make a magical underwater area, Marimorphosis for more blocks to build with, Vinculotus to gather and deal with endermen, the list goes on.

Last edited:
K

KocLobster

Two quick questions:

What is the most efficient way to gather feathers, chicken farms? I don't see any other realistic way to reliably produce feathers other than from chickens.

Does anyone know how to properly edit the backpacks.cfg in the Forestry config folder? I was hoping to edit the hunter's backpack to include non-vanilla arrows, because I am assuming that the line "minecraft:arrow:0" only includes vanilla arrows.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Two quick questions:
What is the most efficient way to gather feathers, chicken farms? I don't see any other realistic way to reliably produce feathers other than from chickens.
Botania should have enabled something called "shedding". Basically, in addition to randomly spawning eggs, feathers will also randomly spawn around chickens. I think blazes drop powder, and squids ink, due to this as well (there are more, I'm just not remembering atm).
Just equip a Ring of Magnetization and walk around for a while near a bunch of chickens. Or use hopperhocks or some other auto gathering thing.
Magical crops chicken plants should have a way to get feathers as well, but if you don't feel like using that for whatever reason then the previous paragraph is the least involved way I know of that still stacks up the feathers while you do other stuff.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Two quick questions:

Does anyone know how to properly edit the backpacks.cfg in the Forestry config folder? I was hoping to edit the hunter's backpack to include non-vanilla arrows, because I am assuming that the line "minecraft:arrow:0" only includes vanilla arrows.
I usually use the cauldron trick.

Break a bunch of eggs so that the chickens hatched fall into a cauldron.

Any number of chickens will fit in the cauldron and can not escape.

Then I just put a hopperhock nearby and I get all the eggs and feathers I could ever need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
So,I've noticed that my Runic Altar's been refunding me my runes after infusion; Is this normal? If it makes any difference,it's sitting on the Managlass cap of my Mana Shaft.

Also,I'm (incredibly) new to Witchery; When the Quest Log said that the Altar functions better when surrounded by nature,what does it mean by that? What blocks,in what radius,is the Altar looking for?

Also,to people who might be looking into some TCon stuff; As far as crossbow bolts are concerned,the accuracy stat is rather meaningless; Sniping at extreme distance,there's next to no lateral drift if you use leaf fletchings. Ergo,it would be in your best interest to use leaf fletchings,due to the nonexistent performance hit,but huge bonus to quiver size. Further,the material the core of your bolt is made of (IE; The tool rod before you pour a point onto it) also has zero effect on damage; The moment you get an Alchemy Catalyst,some shears,and cacti,you can make green slime bolt cores,and then pour your best metal over them for a massive quiver of bolts; My bronze-tipped,leaf-fletched,slime-cored bolts stack to 193,thereabouts. I plan on switching to Pokefinnium (Or whatever it's called) when I dig up some Cobalt,because of the 3* handle mod,which will mean yet more bolts in the quiver,over the slime-cored equivalents. Oh,and you can repair them with the metal you tip them with. And,last I checked,the Mossy modifier operates on a percentage basis; Throw on some moss to your quiver,and ammo concerns simply cease to exist. On the topic of crossbows; A steel prod (The "limb" as the mod calls it) would offer you the highest muzzle velocity in the modpack; It's practically a laser. Combine it with a Thaumium chassis,enchanted string,and paper binding,and you have so many mod slots that you can stick on enough redstone to turn it into a submachine gun,without sacrificing its absolutely lethal damage.

Yobur

Jul 29, 2019
So,I've noticed that my Runic Altar's been refunding me my runes after infusion; Is this normal? If it makes any difference,it's sitting on the Managlass cap of my Mana Shaft.

Also,I'm (incredibly) new to Witchery; When the Quest Log said that the Altar functions better when surrounded by nature,what does it mean by that? What blocks,in what radius,is the Altar looking for?
That is normal for the Runic Altar, it was changed around the same time that plant withering was introduced for Dayblooms and such.

Nature means just that. Grass blocks, vanilla plants, trees, and the same things from various mods. There are several list on the net with how much power each block gives and how many of them you can have. The altar looks in a 14 block radius cube from the last block you placed to form the Altar. It will send power in that same cube unless you have an Arthana on the Altar, which will double the distance.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
A question,regarding my Mana Shaft's killswitch for a full pool; Should I try to rig four comparators to a single output,to the hopper putting coal blocks into my Open Crate,or just rig it to my most used Mana Pool,the one in charge of the Runic Altar? I'm talking vanilla Redstone,or maybe with Red Stringed equivalents,in the hands of a guy who has a very tenuous grasp of Redstone's mechanics.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
A question,regarding my Mana Shaft's killswitch for a full pool; Should I try to rig four comparators to a single output,to the hopper putting coal blocks into my Open Crate,or just rig it to my most used Mana Pool,the one in charge of the Runic Altar? I'm talking vanilla Redstone,or maybe with Red Stringed equivalents,in the hands of a guy who has a very tenuous grasp of Redstone's mechanics.
I think I might set it up with an AND gate so the crate only shuts off when all pools are full.

But I guess that depends on how the Mana pools are "connected".

Sounds like you have 4 pools, are they chained with mana spreaders? If so then you probably only need to monitor the first pool in the chain. If that isn't full then keep dropping coal.

EDIT - Just looked at the picture you posted. You need a single comparator setup on the mana pool right before the distributor to your 4 final pools.

That way it won't shut off until all those pools are full.

You need to get rid of all that spreader to pool shenanigans though. Its gonna move mana very slowly. Time to look into a spark network.

Last edited: