Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Bouncy light ball puzzle? You mean like pushing the green energy pellet in Portal level 19 all the way to the GLaDOS room?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Coming soon:

32jJPKI.png

vf30S8N.jpg

WkLUcA1.png

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh, is that a new biome? *runs around excited*
Gives me an amazing reason to start a new world, hihihi.

Really happy that you're still working on improving your mods so much, even most people have given up on 1.7.10 already. Especially since you put so much effort into balancing stuff (even crossmod'wise), your mods are my favorites to play with.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, das ist sehr gut.

[ETA]

Also, totally read that in a movie announcer voice in my head, Reika, lol.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Umm ... are those dark spots in that picture *ONLY YOUR DARK STONE???*

... Did you actually SOLVE that vanilla lighting issue?

Actually, above the overhang cave, in the vertical wall section, there's a tiny bit that I can't tell if it's lighting bug or your dark stone...

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Before I dive in, is the Dimension Monument something you can take apart after you get whatever the reward is? Like, I've seen the pylon thing from Reika's base tour, but can you get more than one, and can you take apart the Monument after the fact and do another one/keep the resources?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Before I dive in, is the Dimension Monument something you can take apart after you get whatever the reward is? Like, I've seen the pylon thing from Reika's base tour, but can you get more than one, and can you take apart the Monument after the fact and do another one/keep the resources?
Yes, but you can only trigger one.

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019

This current version is easily the hardest thing I've ever done in minecraft. It was an absolute blast to play through, and marks my first time getting all the way through this segment of the mod.

The new puzzles are maddeningly frustrating (I'm lookin' at you, bouncy lights), but oh so satisfying to see accomplished. The updates to the older puzzles are refreshing and interesting.

Thanks to Reika and whatever drives you to keep creating hands down the most interesting and complex modded content this game has ever seen.

Some helpful tips to anyone else!
  • The bouncing light mirror puzzles (that last one is the stuff of nightmares): Dear lord, take a screenshot when you complete each puzzle. If you're *cough* blessed *cough* to have that structure get chosen for 3 of your 16 colors, you'll be thankful.
  • Cellular Automata. There's a pattern on the interaction box. It's useful. Keep in mind though, it's not the only pattern that has significant meaning for that puzzle. All I'm sayin' is Mr. Conway is a smart fkin' guy.
  • The updates to the musical Simon Says are outstanding. The circles correspond to the pitch of the note, high to low. All 16 colors follow it, so figure out 1-4 matched to the circle and you've got 'em all.
  • 3D maze and glass-top maze: Don't forget about the CrC abilities! Read what some of them do. ;)
This mod is way too much fun!

Edit: Ugh, and now it's right back to making me feel like a dummy again.

I've made my way to where I "think" the Far Lands should be? I used the super-awesome Lumen wormhole things (BADASS!) and they dumped me super-far out. I flew and flew until I hit some sort of "wall" I guess? No land spawned, even though I sat for a bit. Problem is, I couldn't sit to wait for something to generate because something out of the blackness started zapping me.

Hardcore zapping, mind you. Nothing prevented the damage. My pendant tried to heal through it, but it only delayed the inevitable for a minute or so until lag + stacked damage from (multiple?) whatever thing(s) were shooting at me. The only thing I could see was words in my text box.

I'm unsure if there was supposed to be land spawning in or not, or if I was even on the right path. I've seen posts here talking about "making friends" with things, but I couldn't even see land or "things" to make friends with. What do?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reika

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh, that's mean. Someone complains about no land generating, being zapped and killed in a "friendly" dimension, and the only response? A like from Reika.

:)

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Ohh, that's mean. Someone complains about no land generating, being zapped and killed in a "friendly" dimension, and the only response? A like from Reika.

Our pain is his amusement!

Looks like I had a crash in-between getting into the Dimension and getting out to the Far Lands that reset my CrC progress. Had to repair some things. Heading back out to see if "getting friendly" with whatever is out there is tied to my progression.

Edit: That did it. Stupid random bugs.

BRODOWN WITH THE WISP BROS

Edit 2: Quick question regarding this "Far Lands" - Is the place with the new terrain/biomes and the "talkative" wisps the right place? The info I've gleaned about the Far Lands is that they start roughly XXXX number of blocks from Dimension spawn. The wormhole dumped me a couple K meters from where that was supposed to start, but all this terrain has generated. Should I be going further out, or have I reached it? Thanks!

Last edited:

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Our pain is his amusement!

Looks like I had a crash in-between getting into the Dimension and getting out to the Far Lands that reset my CrC progress. Had to repair some things. Heading back out to see if "getting friendly" with whatever is out there is tied to my progression.

Edit: That did it. Stupid random bugs.

BRODOWN WITH THE WISP BROS

Edit 2: Quick question regarding this "Far Lands" - Is the place with the new terrain/biomes and the "talkative" wisps the right place? The info I've gleaned about the Far Lands is that they start roughly XXXX number of blocks from Dimension spawn. The wormhole dumped me a couple K meters from where that was supposed to start, but all this terrain has generated. Should I be going further out, or have I reached it? Thanks!

yes, when you start seeing Wisp's your in the Farlands, there's some really interesting world generation out there(it always started for me anyway at 10k+ away from warp in point) and enjoy all the free resources out there, really wish the farlands was a seperate dim would be nice not having too worry about generation every time I wanted too head out there

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm tapping out. There are some puzzles I just can not seem to understand, it's past the threshold from frustratingly fun to infuriating.

Code:
    I:"Dimension Structure Difficulty"=3

Minimum is 1, right?

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'm tapping out... Minimum is 1, right?

I'm pretty sure that's the case, though I don't personally know which puzzles it will affect outside of Cellular Automata. I'd be interested to hear what it changes!

That said, which puzzle are you having difficulty with. Can talk here or over on Reddit if you wanna' move to PMs for spoilery stuff. Username there is the same as here for me.

Edit:

Paying TOP DOLLAR for some "DimensionFlare-be-GONE"!

In all seriousness though, the lil' buggers swarm something fierce, and getting 3-4 of them at the same time is a noticeable performance hit in a place that's already stressing out my machine's ability to process world-building.

Edit 2:

ETHER BERRIES!

http://imgur.com/a/XUN0v

Jungle leaves for a base. Trying the Fertility Bloom + Enrichment Vine, but can't tell if it makes a difference yet. The left side has Liquid Ender under parts. The right side has Liquid Chroma. Not sure if either makes a difference yet (haven't looked in the code), but I'll let ya'll decide/test too! :)

Last edited:

metnavman

Jul 29, 2019
On Ether Berries:

Everything I've seen points to using 16 berries to double the output of an alloy creation. If this is correct, then making 4 of a particular alloy should output 8 total correct?

IF this is the case, that is not what is currently happening (for my tests).

Currently, every 16 berries put into a mixture is producing 1 extra alloy. So, a stack of 64 berries gives 4 extra ingots. If this is working as intended, carry on. Otherwise, yeah... My stash of berries is sad now!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
On Ether Berries:

Everything I've seen points to using 16 berries to double the output of an alloy creation. If this is correct, then making 4 of a particular alloy should output 8 total correct?

IF this is the case, that is not what is currently happening (for my tests).

Currently, every 16 berries put into a mixture is producing 1 extra alloy. So, a stack of 64 berries gives 4 extra ingots. If this is working as intended, carry on. Otherwise, yeah... My stash of berries is sad now!
The berry state is reset every time.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fairly arbitrary question, but is there any reason that the crystal colours are listed in the reverse order that most dye-related things are? (Black->Red->Green->...->Orange->White instead of White->Orange->...->Green->Red->Black)

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Can I make a suggestion for anything related to Kuro? Is it possible to change the hue, or add some kind of different pulse pattern to it? Sometimes it's hard to see the symbol on blocks, and looking at my internal lumens, I can't tell if I'm full or empty on Kuro sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk