[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

H

Herrminator1994

Haiya is talking about popping up a tier, not popping down.

In your specificy scenario, the same analogy would apply if you wanted even BETTER efficiency than 1.8%, by up-transforming to LuV.
I don't think I can make lapotronic energy orb clusters yet. Those require Europium plates, and I am pretty sure I need a fusion reactor for Europium.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

So, in the interest of saving myself a bunch of time aimlessly digging around through config files, I figure I might as well just ask here. Does anyone know if or how you can change the default biome generation size? Basically I'm looking to increase biome size across the board on my map.
Just chose the option on the second screen when generating the world, there is a world type option that gives you larger biomes... makes for prettier biome transitions imo. Or are you talking about a map already created?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I don't think I can make lapotronic energy orb clusters yet. Those require Europium plates, and I am pretty sure I need a fusion reactor for Europium.
we're only been talking about transmission of power, not storage tbh, so no europium needed for just using higher tier transformers and cabling ;)

jFleetwind

Jul 29, 2019
Just chose the option on the second screen when generating the world, there is a world type option that gives you larger biomes... makes for prettier biome transitions imo. Or are you talking about a map already created?
Oh, hah. Yeah, that's a thing, isn't it? I kinda feel silly for forgetting about that. That's certainly a step in the right direction. Now, supposing I wanted to make biomes even -bigger-, what might my options be?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Oh, hah. Yeah, that's a thing, isn't it? I kinda feel silly for forgetting about that. That's certainly a step in the right direction. Now, supposing I wanted to make biomes even -bigger-, what might my options be?
I think, at least in MC 1.7.10 you'd need a mod that altered world generation... though I'm not totally sure about it. in MC 1.8+ you have more options in biome size by default.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone confirm that i correctly understand the Large Gas Turbine maths?

Assuming i'm using a Large Tungstensteel turbine (made with Tungsteel fan slice & tungstensteel long rod) with Biogas, my power output would be 1680eu/t and use up 750L/s of biogas?

The reasoning i got behind this from the wiki is as follow:
Current turbine efficiency is calculated as such::
- 24000 / 20 = EU/T (1680)
- 24000 / 32 = L/s (32 being Biogas efficiency)

If i'm wrong, could you correct me on the logic of Large Gas Turbine please?

H

Herrminator1994

Welp, time to get myself a ME system. Logistics pipes has been good to me, but I'm just moving too many items, and the FPS lag is painful.

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone confirm that i correctly understand the Large Gas Turbine maths?

Assuming i'm using a Large Tungstensteel turbine (made with Tungsteel fan slice & tungstensteel long rod) with Biogas, my power output would be 1680eu/t and use up 750L/s of biogas?

The reasoning i got behind this from the wiki is as follow:
Current turbine efficiency is calculated as such::
- 24000 / 20 = EU/T (1680)
- 24000 / 32 = L/s (32 being Biogas efficiency)

If i'm wrong, could you correct me on the logic of Large Gas Turbine please?

Almost :)
The calculation on the wiki for gas seems to be incorrect. For the correct values, refer to the tooltip of the turbine you built. For large tungstensteel, it gives 1600 EU/t for a gas turbine. This is what you start with.
Optimal flow is then 1600/32 (burn value for biogas/t) = 50 mb/t (round this down if it's a fraction)
You will not get 1600 EU/t however, there's still the efficiency multiplier. For your turbine, this is 140%, so we add this in:
1600*(140/100)=2240 EU/t output. Lastly there's a few EU/t loss because it's an energy generator. This depends on the tier of your dynamo hatch, but it's not that great of a loss.

So in short, you're generating about 2240 EU/t for 50mb/t biogas.

In case you want to be lazy on calculations, you could build the information panel from Nuclear control and link it to the turbine block with a gregtech sensor kit. In the screenshot you can find an example with a HSS-S gas turbine.

Attachments

• Infopanel.jpg
    Infopanel.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 59

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
The calculation on the wiki for gas seems to be incorrect. For the correct values, refer to the tooltip of the turbine you built. For large tungstensteel, it gives 1600 EU/t for a gas turbine. This is what you start with.
Optimal flow is then 1600/32 (burn value for biogas/t) = 50 mb/t (round this down if it's a fraction)
You will not get 1600 EU/t however, there's still the efficiency multiplier. For your turbine, this is 140%, so we add this in:
1600*(140/100)=2240 EU/t output. Lastly there's a few EU/t loss because it's an energy generator. This depends on the tier of your dynamo hatch, but it's not that great of a loss.

In case you want to be lazy on calculations, you could build the information panel from Nuclear control and link it to the turbine block with a gregtech sensor kit. In the screenshot you can find an example with a HSS-S gas turbine.

Whatttttttttttttt. I've never tried the sensors on multiblocks before. Damn. Long ago I tried using the sensor on the batbox being fed solely from the turbine and got nothing all that useful (without timing and calculating eu/t output manually).

Thanks for the tip!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update v3.2.20
Quests:
- Added extra info in Nuclear Reactor quest about need of converting IC2 EU into GT EU.

New mods:
- P455w0rdslib

Mod Updates:
- CoFHCore -> 3.1.3-327
- OpenComputers -> 1.6.1.11
- OpenEye -> 0.8
- Railcraft Cosmetics -> 2.1.1
- SGCraft -> 1.13.3
- StorageDrawers -> 1.10.8
- Thaumcraft Inventory Scan -> 1.0.11
- Waila Plugins -> 0.2.0-25
- Wawla -> 1.0.5.120
- Wireless Crafting Terminal -> 1.8.7.3b

Changes/Fixes:
- Added new carts
- Added new tracks
- Fixed crash on openening stargate GUI
- Fixed crash on inventory scanning some items without aspects
- Fixed Adamantium being able to smelt in normal furnace
- Change naquadah ore gen (y = 60-120)
- More GT blobs in Asteroid dimension
- More GT blobs in End dimension

C

ColdComfort

(Awesome update! Looking forward to that!)

So! Question: I've got my Mark I Fusion Reactor. I want to make Europium, so I have all the energy hatches installed to increase the EU buffer to 159M EU. Fully charge it. I also have 2 IV battery buffers connected to 2 of the hatches, each with 2 lapotronic orbs in each. (So, for a total of 4 orbs.) This should deliver 2A each, right? So for a total of 4 IV amps, at 32 000 EU/t or so. The Europium recipe needs 24 000 EU/t, but the buffer on the reactor drains and then the operation stops. Anyone know why? What am I doing wrong?

U

UNG_God

New mods:
- P455w0rdslib

tha heck is that!?

- Change naquadah ore gen (y = 60-120)

so i might need to delete my asteroid dim. lets hope this time i find it.

- More GT blobs in Asteroid dimension
- More GT blobs in End dimension

what is this blob thing?

- Added extra info

just for fun on galacticraft tab, on the space station should be advised to when first entering the new build station , to remove any glide/jetpack with any step assist equip, all it needs is a lag spike, to receive an eternal trip across the galaxy.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I had to look it up too: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/p455w0rds-things

There's oregen in that mod but Jason's post makes it sound like we won't be getting the full mod, only the "library" portion... so my guess is none of the items shown in that link will be in InfiTech. It's a v1.10 mod anyways, so no.

Also, very glad I held off going to The End (or to any of the Planets). No need to reset anything. :)

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm..then i don't understand how come my EV dynamo hatch didn't explode as it would become IV.

I had to look it up too: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/p455w0rds-things

There's oregen in that mod but Jason's post makes it sound like we won't be getting the full mod, only the "library" portion... so my guess is none of the items shown in that link will be in InfiTech. It's a v1.10 mod anyways, so no.

Also, very glad I held off going to The End (or to any of the Planets). No need to reset anything. :)
As i mentionned bedore. You could simply reset The End with a Temple.Caller & a Dragon Egg.