[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
A

Alven4

Would it be possible to add another source of yellorium to the modpack? Currently only source is yellorium ore and I think that adding another way to obtain yellorium (maybe TC trasmutation) might be good addition to the pack. Every other resource, I think, has more than 1 real source (yellorium has only ore and reprocessing).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to add another source of yellorium to the modpack? Currently only source is yellorium ore and I think that adding another way to obtain yellorium (maybe TC trasmutation) might be good addition to the pack. Every other resource, I think, has more than 1 real source (yellorium has only ore and reprocessing).

I'm curious... what you need RF power generation for? I run all my RF machines like Ender IO off of my GregTech power cables, this is the first modpack where I never bothered with RF power generation and I love it.

A

Alven4

I don't want to use Big Reactor reactor to make RF, I want to make steam using it.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I don't even bother with bigger output buses. I just use a tiny output bus and always have it output (via ender io conduit) into a chest. All my multiblocks have a chest above the input and output buses.

I wonder if I can detect the contents of the controller block and use a redstone signal to automatically turn off the miner when it runs out of pipes. I might not be able to do it directly since that would require a machine controller cover on the same block (tricky) but I could at least shut off the fuel intake easily enough. Especially if I switch the input hatch to ULV (smaller, waste less)
if you use a fluid conduit to add fuel to the miners fuel input you could just have it extract on redstone signal, that way you'd waste even less fuel ;) Since all input hatches work like any other mods tank block :)

Reactions: Pyure

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Will that option to reset The End work on a server? I don't know what a Temple Caller is...

And we're pretty much in the same place, I'm making my HSS Coils today. Yesterday, I mined the last ore vein that was on my "must-have" list of materials (Neodymium), so yeah now it's time to change focus from mining to advancing!

Best thing about making HSS coils is... ? It's that you instantly get back the 16 Tungstensteel Coils that you had to make in order to EBF the HSS dusts... which means we don't have to wait to make the green HSS dust (which is the one I am planning to use for my HV Drill bit and my HV Chainsaw since the green HSS seems to be better than the yellow HSS for tools).
Yes it does work on SMP. You only need the a Dragon Egg in your inventory along with a full charged Temple Caller (look up the Ender Compendium to learn more about them ;)) and your set. The End will re-spawn anew when you activate the Pedestal refreshing a brand new "The End" along with new vein in different places.

So far, on my server I've reset The End 5 times for Tungsten veins and in the hope of finding Iridium. The latter didn't happen yet.

T

targetingyou78

I don't want to use Big Reactor reactor to make RF, I want to make steam using it.
I'm curious as to how much you think you need that you want larger generation. I'm running my entire base (HV/EV) on a big reactor and I've used like 5 stacks total since I started. I did some calculations early in the thread but just a few stacks of yellorium can generate incredibly high amounts of EU.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious as to how much you think you need that you want larger generation. I'm running my entire base (HV/EV) on a big reactor and I've used like 5 stacks total since I started. I did some calculations early in the thread but just a few stacks of yellorium can generate incredibly high amounts of EU.
Not only doesn't it use much but the amount you are able to mine when you set up an Advanced Miner II is ridiculously high.

Reactions: targetingyou78

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting some weird texture glitch. It only seems to happen on greg bees. The best part is that the actual texture for the bees is changing every time I reload the game.. Sometimes it's this, sometimes a mashup of other textures, and other times the bee body is invisible, leaving only wings and legs. The other person on my server is getting the same thing. This is with and without using texture packs (although I'm not sure if the texture pack actually has textures for these bees)

Attachments

• textures.jpg
    textures.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 57
  • textures2.jpg
    textures2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 60

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Not only doesn't it use much but the amount you are able to mine when you set up an Advanced Miner II is ridiculously high.

Confirmed. Even tho I didn't run an Advanced Miner II back before the update, I long for the days when the Miner would only bring up the GT ores and not all the other "rubbish" like Yellorium Dusts and the six different crushed Thaumcraft shards which takes up too much of my time. But... taking up too much of my time is precisely what drives us to automate. So let's say I'm driven. LOL

Reactions: targetingyou78
T

targetingyou78

Confirmed. Even tho I didn't run an Advanced Miner II back before the update, I long for the days when the Miner would only bring up the GT ores and not all the other "rubbish" like Yellorium Dusts and the six different crushed Thaumcraft shards which takes up too much of my time. But... taking up too much of my time is precisely what drives us to automate. So let's say I'm driven. LOL
I've converting my base to running solely off of Big Reactors steam and I'm can't get rid of the stuff fast enough. I started with 16 stacks of Yellorium and now I'm over half a barrel full. :O When I first started I considered setting up a Reprocessor but now I'm like... ehhh maybe not xD

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I've converting my base to running solely off of Big Reactors steam and I'm can't get rid of the stuff fast enough. I started with 16 stacks of Yellorium and now I'm over half a barrel full. :O When I first started I considered setting up a Reprocessor but now I'm like... ehhh maybe not xD
I've heard that If you feed some yellorium to a villager & creeper which are close together (less than 5m radius from one another) by throwing it on the ground...it may result in a boom! Ohhhh...Ahhhhh...hmmm yeah. That's what happens when your sleeping in your job office and wake up to come checkt he forum. You think up stupid ways of wasting yellorium.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I need to think of stupid ways to waste 4096 stacks of Spruce Saplings out of my tree farm. I'm wondering if the best use for them is gonna be to make IC2 scrap by running them thru a recycler, in preparation for UU Matter down the road? Will they even work in the Recycler? The few items I've tried (cobblestone being one) don't even work, they give zero scrap. And is scrap even worthwhile to accumulate in this modpack? I don't know how UU Matter works here, altho I'm very familiar with "vanilla IC2" method.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I need to think of stupid ways to waste 4096 stacks of Spruce Saplings out of my tree farm. I'm wondering if the best use for them is gonna be to make IC2 scrap by running them thru a recycler, in preparation for UU Matter down the road? Will they even work in the Recycler? The few items I've tried (cobblestone being one) don't even work, they give zero scrap. And is scrap even worthwhile to accumulate in this modpack? I don't know how UU Matter works here, altho I'm very familiar with "vanilla IC2" method.
if you're into thaumcraft you can get loads of instrumentum by using the lathe on wood sticks to get the rods, that's 3 instrumentum for every stick, pretty nice way to waste some wood ;)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
if you're into thaumcraft you can get loads of instrumentum by using the lathe on wood sticks to get the rods, that's 3 instrumentum for every stick, pretty nice way to waste some wood ;)
What's your power source? If you're still doing boilers/steam, you can do something like prioritize saplings into the boiler instead of charcoal when the barrel gets full. They'll burn stupidly fast (many per second) but its "free" power.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting some weird texture glitch. It only seems to happen on greg bees. The best part is that the actual texture for the bees is changing every time I reload the game.. Sometimes it's this, sometimes a mashup of other textures, and other times the bee body is invisible, leaving only wings and legs. The other person on my server is getting the same thing. This is with and without using texture packs (although I'm not sure if the texture pack actually has textures for these bees)
This usually happens when using TexturePacks. Most likely corrupted texturepack file. Might want to try to redownload it, or report it to the texturepoack maker

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What's your power source? If you're still doing boilers/steam, you can do something like prioritize saplings into the boiler instead of charcoal when the barrel gets full. They'll burn stupidly fast (many per second) but its "free" power.

Well my main question is - should I begin now (way ahead of time) with making Scrap, and Scrap Boxes? If I'm gonna need tons of scrap, I think I'd rather put the saplings to use there instead of making a minor amount of additional energy that I honestly really don't need (altho we always need more energy, I understand that concept but I also understand trying to balance processes and not throw materials at places that don't really need it). My main power source is now Nitro-Diesel thru the Large Diesel Engine (with Oxygen feed), steam still makes my bio-gas, and the bio-gas still runs some machines but all my HV multiblocks like the EBF and Distillation Towers/Cracking Unit runs off the Nitro now... and I've already got almost a full Bedrockium Drum of Nitro in reserve. Things are going swell so far. :)

I've never done UUmatter in this modpack, but I've done it plenty of times in "vanilla" IC2 modpacks. In those play-thrus, I've used more scrap than I could probably even count... trillions of cobblestones from multiple ExtraUtil cobblegens running at lightning speed. I've already learned all "stone" materials don't generate scrap in this modpack, so I'm wondering if I should be looking for opportunities to take otherwise "worthless" stuff and begin with making Scrap?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well my main question is - should I begin now (way ahead of time) with making Scrap, and Scrap Boxes? If I'm gonna need tons of scrap, I think I'd rather put the saplings to use there instead of making a minor amount of additional energy that I honestly really don't need (altho we always need more energy, I understand that concept but I also understand trying to balance processes and not throw materials at places that don't really need it). My main power source is now Nitro-Diesel thru the Large Diesel Engine (with Oxygen feed), steam still makes my bio-gas, and the bio-gas still runs some machines but all my HV multiblocks like the EBF and Distillation Towers/Cracking Unit runs off the Nitro now... and I've already got almost a full Bedrockium Drum of Nitro in reserve. Things are going swell so far. :)

I've never done UUmatter in this modpack, but I've done it plenty of times in "vanilla" IC2 modpacks. In those play-thrus, I've used more scrap than I could probably even count... trillions of cobblestones from multiple ExtraUtil cobblegens running at lightning speed. I've already learned all "stone" materials don't generate scrap in this modpack, so I'm wondering if I should be looking for opportunities to take otherwise "worthless" stuff and begin with making Scrap?
That's actually a good point. I have no good idea if you're going to desperately need UU matter, but yeah at some point it may be a valid consideration to switch a tree-farm from power-generation to UU-generation.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I know planks gave scrap in the recycler a few updates ago, havn't tried it lately though... It's imo never too early to begin collecting scrap for later :) At least if you plan on going into UU matter.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

after I have pritty much reached everything I wanted in the latest dw 1.10 pack I´m locking again into a pack with a bit more difficulty. Since Infitech was always a good pack I´m now a bit scared of the mining process that Gregtech brings with.
I don´t like to search for TIN and everything... Thats personal I know and not meant as critic but my question is if there is any way to modify this so it creates ores like in normal minecraft or a other way to get those resources as for example in skyblock maps...

Also I never advanced further then late copper age in Gregtech. Is the mining thing for higher tier ores later the same as early game serching? I mean if RNG hates you you can spend ours seraching for TIN... if it loves you you may have it at spawn.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi,

after I have pritty much reached everything I wanted in the latest dw 1.10 pack I´m locking again into a pack with a bit more difficulty. Since Infitech was always a good pack I´m now a bit scared of the mining process that Gregtech brings with.
I don´t like to search for TIN and everything... Thats personal I know and not meant as critic but my question is if there is any way to modify this so it creates ores like in normal minecraft or a other way to get those resources as for example in skyblock maps...

Also I never advanced further then late copper age in Gregtech. Is the mining thing for higher tier ores later the same as early game serching? I mean if RNG hates you you can spend ours seraching for TIN... if it loves you you may have it at spawn.
Tin and a couple other resources are still the worst ones. Some people have trouble finding redstone. Sometimes a Tetrahedrite vein can be a pain, or tungsten. Stuff like diamonds is usually fairly easy to find because its at a low elevation and you don't "lose" them due to high-elevation truncation.

Nobody can find Naquadah, but that's a separate issue.

For the most part, you'll find everything you need basically by accident while looking for other things. I have more copper, iron and redstone than I know what to do with. Since the last time you've played, a few other toys have been added. The Advanced Miner II for instance provides a substantial ore multiplier when mining, so your resources go further. Also, a Seismic Prospector means you can hypothetically search for more ores in a quicker fashion (if you can set up the logistics for it)

I don't know of a way to enforce "vanilla"-type ore generation. GT Ores are different than regular ores and don't follow anything like the same spawning rules.

Reactions: Dentvar