[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
And because the post was to long and not sure what part of crash report is needed here is the second half.

For future reference, whenever uploading crash logs, please use http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/ to upload your crash report into a paste others can view then copy and paste the URL it gives you into your post. It is not necessary or desirable to fill posts with crash logs broken into multiple posts. I snipped your second half out of the quoted text because it also is not needed in replies.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Reactions: An0nymuS

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
It says Job Reputation:58
Trader_Renown:0
Job_Reputation:0
Shop_Loyalty:0
Darn. Next update will be moving away from scoreboard tracking, so this won't be an issue.

You should consider adding some gun customization addons to the modpack, the current variety is very limited.
I will consider it.

found it . this is what it says
Not sure that has the proper crash, which MIGHT be sounds.json issues? I'm not sure. Use the instructions in this link to find your actual crash report (not regular log) and upload it for me, please. =)

Here is the complete crashlog:
edit: oh noes, a crash of my own. i had the game minimized playing some Town of Salem, and..
Both of these are related to the same crash a lot of people are encountering now.

The next update should be addressing it. I hope to have a beta out tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Reactions: Pyure

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.2 : The Tiny Yet Fierce Update Beta A!

A small but super important update! It shouldn't need too much testing, mostly just do questing after following the instructions.

THIS BETA IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WITH THE HASH MAP CRASH.

Installation Instructions
Client Download
Server Download

Please be sure to report any issues you find here or in the Discord chat! I check the Discord slightly more often since its easier for me to access and reply during the day.

I'll put out subsequent beta versions if big issues arise. Otherwise, if all goes well, this will be submitted to the launcher on Thursday.

• MOD CHANGES
    • Storage Drawers - Updated to fix Compacting Drawer issue
    • Nether Ores - Downgraded to fix drop issue.
    • Grimoire of Gaia - More spawn rate, damage, and health changes
  • QUESTING
    • 6 New Quests!
      • (Initial Research) 1 Administrative quest. ESTABLISHED WORLDS NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE.
      • ([FRD] Ferret Resources Department) All reputation quests updated. See Reputation section!
      • (Building Your Home) 5 quests covering Catwalks 2!
  • REPUTATION SYSTEM CHANGES
    • To work around an issue that has become more problematic in the last update (the dreaded HashMap crash), the following changes have been implemented :
      • All scoreboard rewards have been replaced with Job Chip rewards
      • Reputation tracks no longer track the Scoreboard.
      • Reputation token quests no longer give Scoreboard.
      • Reputation tokens :
        • Can now be broken down into smaller values
        • Are now turned in for either Reputation or Favors
          • Reputation moves you up the respective token's track, unlocking rewards and other things
          • Favors instead give you Silver Coins and Blind Bags in return
  • BLIND BAGS
    • 1 New Cheap Bag + Blind Items from Catwalks 2 added to the drop pool!
  • FMC SYSTEM
    • Catwalks 2 Valued
As always, check the full Changelog in my signature!

IMPORTANT NOTES

• For your established worlds, you will need to update your quest database! Use the Firmware Update quest in the first quest page!
  • FOR ESTABLISHED WORLDS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE NEW INITIAL RESEARCH PAGE QUEST (NETHER STAR ICON)
    • For simplicity, here are the commands the Quest will do :
      • /scoreboard objectives remove Job_Reputation
      • /scoreboard objectives remove Shop_Rank
      • /scoreboard objectives remove Trader_Rank
      • /bq_admin reset all playername (replace playername with your in-game name)
----------------

After a long day, I am heading to bed. If there are any serious issues with the downloads or the modpack, I will fix them early in the morning. Please be sure to report all other issues here or in the Discord chat!

Also, if you had the hashmap crash, let me know whether you keep encountering it or not!

Reactions: Zoriac and An0nymuS

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I just saw this thank you so much! @.@

I've been getting a "ticking player" crash basically constantly shortly after doing the quest that nets me the first blind bag. This is my favourite mod pack, hands down, and I'm super glad that it's still being updated!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I just saw this thank you so much! @.@

I've been getting a "ticking player" crash basically constantly shortly after doing the quest that nets me the first blind bag. This is my favourite mod pack, hands down, and I'm super glad that it's still being updated!
After the 0.2.1 update or with the 0.2.2 beta?

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
[/SPOILER]
After the 0.2.1 update or with the 0.2.2 beta?
Curse Launcher. It's still 0.2.1; I'm waiting for the Launcher update since I don't have Multi-MC. I went to play a little Simply magic while waiting for it to drop ^.^"

EDIT: I have the crash report opened, but I can't make a paste of it. I saved the section to a .txt file, Here's to hoping it can be useful.

Attachments

• Ferret Crash.txt
    177.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
[/SPOILER]
Curse Launcher. It's still 0.2.1; I'm waiting for the Launcher update since I don't have Multi-MC. I went to play a little Simply magic while waiting for it to drop ^.^"

EDIT: I have the crash report opened, but I can't make a paste of it. I saved the section to a .txt file, Here's to hoping it can be useful.

That looks to be the hashmap crash bug random people have been encountering. It usually occurs when doing Better Questing quests. What were you doing at the time of the crash?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
[/SPOILER]

Yep thats the Hashmap Crash a lot more people have been encountering lately. The next update should fix that.

The update is being submitted to the FTB Team currently, but given how close Christmas is, it is unsure when it will be pushed to the launchers.

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
That looks to be the hashmap crash bug random people have been encountering. It usually occurs when doing Better Questing quests. What were you doing at the time of the crash?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Opening my inventory to use the blind bags :p

Yep thats the Hashmap Crash a lot more people have been encountering lately. The next update should fix that.

The update is being submitted to the FTB Team currently, but given how close Christmas is, it is unsure when it will be pushed to the launchers.

Alrighties then! I'll keep an eye on the launcher for the update! There's only two modpacks that combine a large amount of my favourite mods, and TPPI2 doesn't run on my machine. I'm hoping you don't plan on adding Ars magicka 2. I love it, but it is REALLY not well-coded and doesn't play well with other mods.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Alrighties then! I'll keep an eye on the launcher for the update! There's only two modpacks that combine a large amount of my favourite mods, and TPPI2 doesn't run on my machine. I'm hoping you don't plan on adding Ars magicka 2. I love it, but it is REALLY not well-coded and doesn't play well with other mods.
No plans for more big mods, especially ones as big and has as many issues now and then as AM2 does.

Reactions: Kurodani Yamame

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
No plans for more big mods, especially ones as big and has as many issues now and then as AM2 does.
Sweet!
I just need to learn how Tech mods work :p I can fully automate a Thaumcraft given the room, but I don't know how any of the machines from any tech mods work, save for the Igneous Extruder.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.2 : The Tiny Yet Fierce Update Released!

A small but super important update! Especially for those with the dreaded HASHMAP crash!

As usual, the update is available on both the FTB and Curse Launchers, and the easy server download is on the FTB Launcher.

Please be sure to check the IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!

• MOD CHANGES
    • Storage Drawers - Updated to fix Compacting Drawer issue
    • Nether Ores - Downgraded to fix drop issue.
    • Grimoire of Gaia - More spawn rate, damage, and health changes.
  • QUESTING
    • 6 New Quests!
      • (Initial Research) 1 Administrative quest. ESTABLISHED WORLDS NEED TO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE.
      • ([FRD] Ferret Resources Department) All reputation quests updated. See Reputation section!
      • (Building Your Home) 5 quests covering Catwalks 2!
  • CORPORATE CATALOG
    • New Items!
      • Ender Pearls, Ghast Tears, Blaze Rods
      • Lava
      • Animal Spawn Eggs
      • Semi-stable Nugget (Unstable Matter)
      • Grimoire of Gaia Trader Cards
  • REPUTATION SYSTEM CHANGES
    • To work around an issue that has become more problematic in the last update (the dreaded HashMap crash), the following changes have been implemented :
      • All scoreboard rewards have been replaced with Job Chip rewards
      • Reputation tracks no longer track the Scoreboard.
      • Reputation token quests no longer give Scoreboard.
      • Reputation tokens :
        • Can now be broken down into smaller values
        • Are now turned in for either Reputation or Favors
          • Reputation moves you up the respective token's track, unlocking rewards and other things
          • Favors instead give you Silver Coins and Blind Bags in return
  • BLIND BAGS
    • 1 New Cheap Bag + Blind Items from Catwalks 2 added to the drop pool!
  • FMC SYSTEM
    • Catwalks 2 Valued
As always, check the full Changelog in my signature!

IMPORTANT NOTES

• For your established worlds, you will need to update your quest database! Use the Firmware Update quest in the first quest page!
  • FOR ESTABLISHED WORLDS, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE NEW INITIAL RESEARCH PAGE QUEST (NETHER STAR ICON)
    • For simplicity, here are the commands the Quest will do :
      • /scoreboard objectives remove Job_Reputation
      • /scoreboard objectives remove Shop_Rank
      • /scoreboard objectives remove Trader_Rank
      • /bq_admin reset all playername (replace playername with your in-game name)
    • If you use the Quest itself, it will soft-crash your world (send you back to the main menu). You can reload the world immediately.
----------------

With this, I will be on break from serious work on the pack until after the New Year. Lots of plans for the next update, don't worry. And I'll be around here, the GitHub, and in Discord to chat to talk over bugs and issues.

Thank you to the FTB Third Party Team for getting this rolled out before Christmas.

Thank you, as well, to everyone who has enjoyed or even just tried the pack, given positive and negative feedback on it, and have reported various issues.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm assuming I need to make a new world to use the new pack?

Old world gives this thing again :p I wasn't far in at all thankfully.

Attachments

• Ferret Crash ver 0.2.2.txt
    36.4 KB · Views: 73

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm assuming I need to make a new world to use the new pack?

Old world gives this thing again :p I wasn't far in at all thankfully.
Did you follow the instructions? This includes updating your quest database (firmware update on the Initial Research page), and then either using the new quest it adds ([ADMIN]Scoreboard and progress reset) or doing the commands it lists.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update. Is there any difference between this and the beta you released a couple of days ago?

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
Did you follow the instructions? This includes updating your quest database (firmware update on the Initial Research page), and then either using the new quest it adds ([ADMIN]Scoreboard and progress reset) or doing the commands it lists.

I crashed before I could even move :p It's fine, I made a new world. I shouldn't get the hashmap again, but yeah it takes a good couple of minutes to load the world and open it to LAN so I can use my internet as backup GPU. Crash happened before I was able to pause the game and fix anything :s

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the update. Is there any difference between this and the beta you released a couple of days ago?
Some config and script changes, and updates to quests.

I crashed before I could even move :p It's fine, I made a new world. I shouldn't get the hashmap again, but yeah it takes a good couple of minutes to load the world and open it to LAN so I can use my internet as backup GPU. Crash happened before I was able to pause the game and fix anything :s
If you can, see if deleting your quest progress file in your world (QuestProgress.json) fixes the old world. If you can't or don't feel like it, that's okay. =)

VaporStrike

Jul 29, 2019
So how exactly would this update work for a server? I'm only asking because the hosts of the server I play on are always reluctant to update no matter what pack it is, so having a fairly clear and simple explanation would really help in getting them to update.

EDIT: Also, on 0.2.1, I'm having an infinite popup saying "Quest Complete | New Quest" with a picture of a nether star. I can't find out how to get it to stop. Any ideas?

Last edited:

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
So how exactly would this update work for a server? I'm only asking because the hosts of the server I play on are always reluctant to update no matter what pack it is, so having a fairly clear and simple explanation would really help in getting them to update.
tell them it fixes a game breaking crash which annoys the heck out of players. if they refuse... i would actually stop using their service.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.