Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Is there a 1.10.2 mod which has a block or entity which imitates a player's presence? I would like to have my mob spawner farm run unattended.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I was starting out with Direwolf20's modpack today, and then I decided to add Pam's Harvestcraft as I didn't enable BiomesOP's world generation in my world :C. However, even though I transferred the config files from Hermitpack, the ID numbers of the items were different. Nothing major, but I was curious, does Forge now assign item/block IDs to mods when added so as to prevent mod clashes?

EDIT: Also, there doesn't seem to be any food/saturation indication on each item, as in like bread restores 5 hunger and 0.8 or something saturation. In the HermitPack, these numbers will be visible when hovering over an item and holding down shift. Which mod enables this functionality?

The mod AppleSkin adds the saturation/hunger information to your tooltips. It was formerly (1.7) a feature of AppleCore (core mod for Hunger Overhaul and Spice of Life), but they realized a ton of people were using just the core mod for that functionality, so they split it off for a lighter load.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I was starting out with Direwolf20's modpack today, and then I decided to add Pam's Harvestcraft as I didn't enable BiomesOP's world generation in my world :C. However, even though I transferred the config files from Hermitpack, the ID numbers of the items were different. Nothing major, but I was curious, does Forge now assign item/block IDs to mods when added so as to prevent mod clashes?
Forge dynamically assigns numerical IDs to blocks and items by world

Reactions: singapore123
B

bacherinho

I have a simple question.
Yesterday I started a server with FTB Infinity 2.6.0 and i just saw, that several damage values of tinkers construct weapons have changed. I read in reddit, that is is caused by updated mod ExtraTic.
My question is now: Will the server work with the old values again, if i just simply swap ExtraTic with a older version of it?

Thx

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a simple question.
Yesterday I started a server with FTB Infinity 2.6.0 and i just saw, that several damage values of tinkers construct weapons have changed. I read in reddit, that is is caused by updated mod ExtraTic.
My question is now: Will the server work with the old values again, if i just simply swap ExtraTic with a older version of it?

Thx

Per a recent thread, the nerf you speak of happened after 1.4.5 of ExtraTiC. Downgrading to that version should take damage values to their over the top settings again.

Note that all clients will have to downgrade to match before they can connect to the server.

B

bacherinho

Per a recent thread, the nerf you speak of happened after 1.4.5 of ExtraTiC. Downgrading to that version should take damage values to their over the top settings again.

Note that all clients will have to downgrade to match before they can connect to the server.
Well okay, that sounds good at least.
But isnt there a config file or something like that server side, to simply edit? Or is the only way the downgrade?

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Is there a 1.10.2 mod which has a block or entity which imitates a player's presence? I would like to have my mob spawner farm run unattended.

Not positive this still works in 1.10.2, but placing vanilla spawners on cursed earth blocks was the only way I know of to keep them active, short of a chunk loader. I usually design my early base around my work area, so I act as chunk loader for the mob farm when I'm online.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Dunno if this still works, but you can try and stick your spawners in a separate dimension. If no one is in the dimension, then the "despawn mobs when no players are in range" mechanic apparently stops. And your chunkloaded spawners should work just fine.

Reactions: Greystoke

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
so it looks as if my 4-year-old video card has gone and died on me, how rude of it! i'm going thru minecraft withdrawl (hey, isn't a minecraft gaming addiction much better than an addiction to drugs or alcohol?)

what is the minimum requirement to play modded minecraft? my one attempt to fire it up resulted in nothing. there was no crash, there was no error message, the FTB app literally just vanished after I tried to run a modpack with it, which is probably because it couldn't access the 4 gigs of video RAM or whatever, the GPU is still in my rig but I can't install the drivers for it because if I do I get "kernal" error messages about the driver crashing non-stop, and I literally can't do anything.

so... can i run FTB just on the intel vga that's built into my motherboard? is there anything i can do to get my minecraft fix? LOL hey, I told you I was going thru withdrawl symptoms, so don't be too shocked at my question!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
so it looks as if my 4-year-old video card has gone and died on me, how rude of it! i'm going thru minecraft withdrawl (hey, isn't a minecraft gaming addiction much better than an addiction to drugs or alcohol?)

what is the minimum requirement to play modded minecraft? my one attempt to fire it up resulted in nothing. there was no crash, there was no error message, the FTB app literally just vanished after I tried to run a modpack with it, which is probably because it couldn't access the 4 gigs of video RAM or whatever, the GPU is still in my rig but I can't install the drivers for it because if I do I get "kernal" error messages about the driver crashing non-stop, and I literally can't do anything.

so... can i run FTB just on the intel vga that's built into my motherboard? is there anything i can do to get my minecraft fix? LOL hey, I told you I was going thru withdrawl symptoms, so don't be too shocked at my question!

Minecraft isn't particularly GPU heavy, so your internal card may be able to handle it. Keep in mind the internal card will pull RAM to do its job, so there will be less available for both the OS and MC. Adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Hambeau

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You can get "good enough" replacement cards fairly cheaply. For financial reasons I had to go with a PNY Geforce GT610 1GB card a couple of years that plays modded MC just fine, and then it cost between $50 and $75 (can't quite remember).

In any case both Alexiy and Inaeo are correct... If the current board is dead then you can't get it out of your system soon enough since it could easily take something else with it. Depending on the version of MC you're playing, unless you play strictly Vanilla, ram could be an issue with the integrated video requiring 256-512MB of your total system ram.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like I have 3 Nvidia options all spaced 200 dollars apart, the GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080, with the 1070 basically being an "equal" to my 4-year-old GTX690 (which was obviously a beast back then similar to today's Titan). So my step up is the $650 GTX1080 and that's pretty pricey for me now so I dunno what to do just yet. When I bought my 690 I still had a good job but now I'm retired and that makes it more difficult to justify buying top of the line.

In any case both Alexiy and Inaeo are correct... If the current board is dead then you can't get it out of your system soon enough since it could easily take something else with it. Depending on the version of MC you're playing, unless you play strictly Vanilla, ram could be an issue with the integrated video requiring 256-512MB of your total system ram.

I've tried FTB launcher but it just won't run modpacks, it crashes with some kind of java error. I have 32 gigs of RAM in my rig so it's not lack of memory. But I didn't take the GPU physically out, because it's basically shut off now with no drivers installed which is the only way I can do anything with my computer at the moment (thanks to the great 3rd party DDU app which uninstalls the Nvidia drivers and also prevents Windows10 from reinstalling them). If I physically take the card out, perhaps that would trigger some kind of change in my VGA settings, so I guess it's worth a try, thanks for mentioning it. But I'm pretty sure I'm in VGA mode because I only have one resolution (it won't even allow me to change it) and it's very large text. LOL

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Looks like I have 3 Nvidia options all spaced 200 dollars apart, the GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080, with the 1070 basically being an "equal" to my 4-year-old GTX690 (which was obviously a beast back then similar to today's Titan). So my step up is the $650 GTX1080 and that's pretty pricey for me now so I dunno what to do just yet. When I bought my 690 I still had a good job but now I'm retired and that makes it more difficult to justify buying top of the line.

I've tried FTB launcher but it just won't run modpacks, it crashes with some kind of java error. I have 32 gigs of RAM in my rig so it's not lack of memory. But I didn't take the GPU physically out, because it's basically shut off now with no drivers installed which is the only way I can do anything with my computer at the moment (thanks to the great 3rd party DDU app which uninstalls the Nvidia drivers and also prevents Windows10 from reinstalling them). If I physically take the card out, perhaps that would trigger some kind of change in my VGA settings, so I guess it's worth a try, thanks for mentioning it. But I'm pretty sure I'm in VGA mode because I only have one resolution (it won't even allow me to change it) and it's very large text. LOL

The GTX 1060 should be plenty to run modded mc on. If you really wanted to you could get the 1070 but the 1080 is unnecessary imo.

D

Deleted member 54080

Hello!

Just came back to Minecraft for the first time since 1.6

Downloaded Direwolf20's latest (I think its 1.10?) and got it going

One thing...for some reason, I can't get a wrench to work at all?

I made a hopper to put over a basic furnace, with the plan of simply putting a chest next to it to store the output

Yet for some odd reason, no wrench I can make will turn the hopper? Shift-right click, CTRL-right click, right click, regardless, it only opens the input menu instead of turning it

Now, other than the basic download -> install -> run default options, the only change I've made is to the movement keys, as I don't WASD, I use the arrows. Thus, my right control is 'jump' now

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 54080

OK, so, it was wrench number 7, the industrialcraft one, that finally worked. The hopper empties into the furnace now. Yay!

Derp 2.0: Now the furnace won't output at all to the chest?

*sigh*

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use a wrench to turn the hopper, altho that's probably the "correct" method. But most people direct the output of the hopper when they place the hopper. You do that by which item you point it towards as you place it. Test it out and you'll soon understand what I mean. I think you might have to shift-click (crouch while placing) to direct the output. Whatever item your looking at, that's where it will connect to (it must be a block that has an internal inventory in order for it to connect to it, such as a chest).

For output, the only side a hopper will "pull" items out of an attached inventory is the bottom side... which means you need to place the furnace atop the hopper for your setup to work properly.

Put a hopper/chest combo below the furnace (place chest, point hopper into chest), then put another hopper/chest combo atop the furnace (place furnace atop previous hopper, point hopper #2 at top of furnace, place chest #2 atop hopper #2), and you now have a high-capacity smeltery. You can also experiment with coal insertion, I would try putting a hopper on the side of the furnace with coal and see if it goes into the right slot or not, I forget exactly how it works at the moment and don't have the game running. Sometimes the "secondary input" slot (the fuel slot) can be accessed from the sides of the machine, it's worth a try. If you put coal in the top hopper, it will most likely go into the wrong slot and not the fuel slot.

Last edited:

skull1

Jul 29, 2019
on 1.7.10 if i put a tool/weapon on autonomous activator does it auto level? in my world it isnt, its a config or no way anymore to auto-level tinker weapons?