[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for being quiet in this thread. I tend to talk more on the Discord server, which is my fault.

The update is very close to beta. Hoping this week, the busyness of the last few weeks is more or less over for a week or two.

Edit:Also, I just had a idea--Bulk Basic reward bags that cost 10 times more but have the same odds as basic loot bags, with ten times the yield--so, for instance, you could get 10 overgrowth seeds from it.
Interesting idea. I'll keep it in mind.

1. Sometimes the screen goes black for a few seconds when the notification for a quest updating or finishing should pop up.
This is an issue fixed in the next update

The contents of my questbook just disappears and doesn't come back. Now every time I open my questbook, the whole book is blank.
This is a new one to me. You aren't playing offline or anything, right?

When this happens, try /bq_admin default load . It will load the questbook into that world again (progress is saved in a different file, so you shouldn't lose progress)

Hey, Caigan, random idea--can you possibly grab Project e and make that into the crating system?
I would rather avoid project e / ee type mods. I am not sure I'd be able to change them around to fit properly either.

How well does this run on as a server? Is it laggy or is it a nice light weight server? and were can i get the latest server files?
The pack itself, and thus the server side, are both somewhat on the heavy side. Server files right now are on the FTB Launcher, or you can grab them off my Drive. Starting next update I'll try to provide more links as well in the thread.

Is there a way to change how close you have to be to mobs before the tool tip that shows there harts pops up. Right now you have to be so close to see it there alrdy hitting you.
I'm not sure if there is a config option for the range.

I got a bug in my server running The Ferret Business were we get some ore that we cant mine it just pops right back. It is only some Ore deposits.
That's very odd. That sort of behavior is normally because of lag. How much memory are you allocating to the server? CPU in it?

Chaoslord AJ

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for being quiet in this thread. I tend to talk more on the Discord server, which is my fault.

The update is very close to beta. Hoping this week, the busyness of the last few weeks is more or less over for a week or two.
Happy to hear this. I've been waiting to jump back in for the next version. This and Regrowth are my favorite Modpacks and I tried a bunch.
So thanks for all the work, it's much appreciated.

skull1

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i play this from yesterday, so sorry for the noob question, but there is a way for an early autocrafting crates? or do i need to wait ae? (im kinda new to 1.7.10 too, so i could miss some new machines and tricks...)
-it is possible to combine different crates like 3000+4000=7000?

Last edited:
D

DerpyNinja476

hey,
I have played the ferret business for about 5 months and I am a returning player. I just saw this thing that I have never seen before in all my time and experience with mods I have no clue what this thing is? I was at my me system in my base and I hear blocks being broken and I think to myself and say that my query is in the nether and I have it on peaceful mode and then I turn around and I see these blue particles and I have this mod that I added to my version and it changes the tick rate and I set it to 1 and I fly out of my base with my angel ring and then all of a sudden I see the base being recreated like, I don't know about 30 blocks above the original base? I have som screenshots of it but I closed the game down so it would stop and I just dont know what happened??? can anyone help me?
2016-11-30_11.11.04.png
2016-11-30_11.11.22.png
2016-11-30_11.06.44.png
2016-11-30_11.11.16.png
2016-11-30_11.12.39.png
2016-11-30_11.12.38.png
2016-11-30_11.11.13.png
2016-11-30_11.06.43.png
2016-11-30_11.12.36.png

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
There's an item from some mod, not sure which, that raises a large chunk above itself, it teleports it I think. :D You probably activated this by mistake.

I can't seem to Google a name for this but it's from some mod out there! :D I know it was one of the mods on Forgecraft in a previous iteration, as Direwolf20 witnessed this effect on someone's base, and recorded some footage of it. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
hey,
I have played the ferret business for about 5 months and I am a returning player. I just saw this thing that I have never seen before in all my time and experience with mods I have no clue what this thing is? I was at my me system in my base and I hear blocks being broken and I think to myself and say that my query is in the nether and I have it on peaceful mode and then I turn around and I see these blue particles and I have this mod that I added to my version and it changes the tick rate and I set it to 1 and I fly out of my base with my angel ring and then all of a sudden I see the base being recreated like, I don't know about 30 blocks above the original base? I have som screenshots of it but I closed the game down so it would stop and I just dont know what happened??? can anyone help me?View attachment 30715 View attachment 30717 View attachment 30720 View attachment 30722 View attachment 30724 View attachment 30725 View attachment 30726 View attachment 30729 View attachment 30730
Mhm Botania's Shard of Laputa,and i'm fairly certain u can find these in botania blind bags . the Shard of Laputa is activated on right click ,consuming it and starting to raise up the area specified by the quality of the shard

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Mhm Botania's Shard of Laputa,and i'm fairly certain u can find these in botania blind bags . the Shard of Laputa is activated on right click ,consuming it and starting to raise up the area specified by the quality of the shard

I don't think it can be stopped either

Katdragonatlarge

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry if this has been asked in the past, but, was there any asking/call for Galacticraft? I love this pack to bits, but I miss going to space!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
-it is possible to combine different crates like 3000+4000=7000?
Yes, that combination should work.

I have som screenshots of it but I closed the game down so it would stop and I just dont know what happened??? can anyone help me?
Shard of Laputa is what causes this. More than a couple people have accidentally activated one after receiving it from a Blind Bag (right clicking too fast to open them all), so I have implemented a 'Sealed Crate' system for them. Instead of the Shard, you'll get a sealed crate you craft to obtain the item.

Unfortunately once it's activated, it can't be stopped short of disabling botania (which could break something that is in mid-move)

is there a quest progression for applied energistics? if yes under what category?
The next update has the first half of the Applied Energistics 2 questline.

I am sorry if this has been asked in the past, but, was there any asking/call for Galacticraft? I love this pack to bits, but I miss going to space!
No Galacticraft planned for this pack, sorry. =)

Reactions: Zoriac

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The Ferret Business 0.2.1 : The Gosh Heckie Update Beta A!

Finally ready, the 0.2.1 update is now in Beta A!

As usual, you will need to reset your HQM progress for established worlds, but this should hopefully be the last time that is necessary.

Even with the major hard drive failure setback (thus the name of this update), there's a lot of things! For a full list, you can check the changelog!

Installation Instructions
Client Download
Server Download

Please be sure to report any issues you find here or in the Discord chat! I check the Discord slightly more often since its easier for me to access and reply during the day.

I'll put out subsequent beta versions if big issues arise. Otherwise, if all goes well, this will be submitted to the launcher by Friday.

• NEW MODS
    • Better Questing - Bloody Quests - Blood Magic support for BQ. Added for future use.
    • Railcraft - Perhaps the most requested mod, finally added.
    • NuclearCraft - Another highly requested mod as an alternative to Big Reactors.
    • Gun Customization - Replacing the loved weapon types from Matter Overdrive, Gun Customization adds modern weapons.
    • Logistics Pipes - Decently requested mod, improving on Buildcraft's pipe system in powerful ways.
    • ZZZZZ Configs - Minetweaker and Modtweaker do almost everything I need. This covers the last of it.
    • No More Recipe Conflict - In place just in case two mod recipes conflict. The recipes will still be fixed for automation purposes, but this prevents stopping questing progress.
    • Avaritiaddons - Very small mod that adds a few items, most importantly an Autocrafting version of the Dire Crafting Table (aka the Ferret Workbench)
    • Wanionlib - Core mod for Avaritiaddons.
  • REMOVED MODS
    • Matter Overdrive - While a fantastic mod, it had a lot of underlying issues that made it a problem both from a balance standpoint and a stability standpoint.
    • Dimensional Anchors + Immibis Core - With Railcraft, Dimensional Anchors is no longer needed.
    • Bee Specific - Unnecessary as BQ will handle Bee quests.
  • QUESTING
    • 65+ New Quests!
      • 40+ Administrative quests (covering reputation tracking, rewards, unlocking special research, and more!)
      • 12 new Researchology quests, 25x versions for a bigger reward.
        • As well, SAGMill automation has been added, but for a fraction of the reward.
      • 14 Applied Energistics 2 quests
        • This is only part one of the AE2 questline
      • 70+ quests updated with various fixes
    • Reputation scoreboard names have changed, which will fix not being able to use commands on them, as well as some other issues. SEE NOTES
  • BLIND BAGS
    • New Bags! Storage Drawers adds Cheap and Good tier bags to the pool!
    • Bag values have been restructured, to more evenly spread out the higher tier items! All Decent and above bags have been repopulated, and some Cheap bags have been repopulated as well (such as Thaumcraft)
    • Blind Bag of Blind Bag(BBoBB) rates have been adjusted. Amazing bags are less likely to be obtained from lower level BBoBB's.
  • CORPORATE CATALOG
    • The HQM Reputation Tracks were removed finally, and replaced with a message to use the BQ reputation tracking.
    • Category Changes
      • Materials and Ores now called Materials n' Ores
      • Accessories now called Personal Equipment
      • Added Magic n' Technology section
      • Added Misc Goods section
    • Some items have been shifted to new categories
    • New shop items : AE2 Inscriber Plates, Sky Stone, Shard of Time, Thaumcraft Aura Node
      • Shard of Time is used in Railcraft Anchors. Be sure to check the Guide on Chunk Loading in the pack, though!
  • FMC SYSTEM
    • Storage Drawers, MineFactory Reloaded, and Aura Cascade items have been FMC Valued.
    • Some other items have been revalued.
      • Biggest of note is Thaumcraft's Phials of Essentia (all now worth 25) and Ethereal Essence (all now worth 5)
    • Tooltips have been adjusted for many items.
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    • 200,000 FMC crate updated. New turn in quest, can break down to smaller crates, and can automate turn in via SAG Mill
    • A few missing FMC crate combinations have been added.
  • MOD UPDATES, CONFIG CHANGES, AND OTHER THINGS
    • Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes
    • The Guide (accessible to the left of your inventory) has been updated with new pages about Chunk Loading and Admin Commands
    • RFTools dimlets have been reset and completely rebalanced.
    • Grimoire of Gaia creatures have been toned down
    • Many recipe fixes
    • A bunch more I haven't mentioned
As always, check the full Changelog in my signature!

IMPORTANT NOTES
  • You may need to reset your HQM data. The troubleshooting section has instructions.
  • For your established worlds, you will need to update your quest database! Use the Firmware Update quest in the first quest page!
  • If you have reputation progress you would like to keep, you can use the commands at the bottom of this page to update your reputation

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

As usual, you will need to reset your HQM progress for established worlds, but this should hopefully be the last time that is necessary.

Even with the major hard drive failure setback (thus the name of this update), there's a lot of things! For a full list, you can check the changelog!

Client Download
Server Download

Please be sure to report any issues you find here or in the Discord chat! I check the Discord slightly more often since its easier for me to access and reply during the day.

I'll put out subsequent beta versions if big issues arise. Otherwise, if all goes well, this will be submitted to the launcher by Friday.

• NEW MODS
    • Better Questing - Bloody Quests - Blood Magic support for BQ. Added for future use.
    • NuclearCraft - Another highly requested mod as an alternative to Big Reactors.
    • Gun Customization - Replacing the loved weapon types from Matter Overdrive, Gun Customization adds modern weapons.
    • Logistics Pipes - Decently requested mod, improving on Buildcraft's pipe system in powerful ways.
    • ZZZZZ Configs - Minetweaker and Modtweaker do almost everything I need. This covers the last of it.
    • No More Recipe Conflict - In place just in case two mod recipes conflict. The recipes will still be fixed for automation purposes, but this prevents stopping questing progress.
    • Avaritiaddons - Very small mod that adds a few items, most importantly an Autocrafting version of the Dire Crafting Table (aka the Ferret Workbench)
  • REMOVED MODS
    • Matter Overdrive - While a fantastic mod, it had a lot of underlying issues that made it a problem both from a balance standpoint and a stability standpoint.
    • Dimensional Anchors + Immibis Core - With Railcraft, Dimensional Anchors is no longer needed.
  • QUESTING
    • 65+ New Quests!
      • 40+ Administrative quests (covering reputation tracking, rewards, unlocking special research, and more!)
    • Reputation scoreboard names have changed, which will fix not being able to use commands on them, as well as some other issues. SEE NOTES
  • BLIND BAGS
    • Bag values have been restructured, to more evenly spread out the higher tier items! All Decent and above bags have been repopulated, and some Cheap bags have been repopulated as well (such as Thaumcraft)
    • Blind Bag of Blind Bag(BBoBB) rates have been adjusted. Amazing bags are less likely to be obtained from lower level BBoBB's.
  • CORPORATE CATALOG
    • The HQM Reputation Tracks were removed finally, and replaced with a message to use the BQ reputation tracking.
    • Category Changes
    • New shop items : AE2 Inscriber Plates, Sky Stone, Shard of Time, Thaumcraft Aura Node
      • Shard of Time is used in Railcraft Anchors. Be sure to check the Guide on Chunk Loading in the pack, though!
  • FMC SYSTEM
    • Storage Drawers, MineFactory Reloaded, and Aura Cascade items have been FMC Valued.
      • Biggest of note is Thaumcraft's Phials of Essentia (all now worth 25) and Ethereal Essence (all now worth 5)
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    • 200,000 FMC crate updated. New turn in quest, can break down to smaller crates, and can automate turn in via SAG Mill
    • The Guide (accessible to the left of your inventory) has been updated with new pages about Chunk Loading and Admin Commands
    • Many recipe fixes

IMPORTANT NOTES
  • You may need to reset your HQM data. The troubleshooting section has instructions.
  • For your established worlds, you will need to update your quest database! Use the Firmware Update quest in the first quest page!
  • If you have reputation progress you would like to keep, you can use the commands at the bottom of this page to update your reputation

This sounds so good, I may give your pack another go! :D Will let you know how far I can get in it, last time I didn't get anywhere, so no worries about starting from scratch. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
MINOR BETA UPDATE

So far, no huge game breaking issues have been reported to me here, in Discord, or elsewhere.

There are some issues that have come up, which are the following :

• Thermal Dynamics Item Ducts do not get along with many NuclearCraft machines, causing a crash. Use EnderIO Item Conduits instead.
    • A tooltip has been added to all TD Item Ducts to warn players.
  • The Nuclearcraft Paul creature (scientist with a...weird...face) has been disabled from spawning.
    • Amusing and helpful alone, but they like to spawn in large numbers and get very annoying.
These changes do not warrant a Beta B version yet. Things are looking good!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Caigan, I'm in the habit of disabling several things in NuclearCraft's configs. Paul is one of them. I also don't really feel like "Nuclear Monsters" are really necessary so I disable those too.

I didn't know about the itemducts thing at all, that's unfortunate :(

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
interesting and shiny change log though there is a few things i believe i should mention
Biggest of note is Thaumcraft's Phials of Essentia (all now worth 25) and Ethereal Essence (all now worth 5)
a pair of past comments feel like a relevant reminder their from April
ethereal essence is only worth 10fmc ? that sounds soooooooooo wrong zombie flesh is 25fmc and guardians/wisps are much more deadly a stray zombie and harder to find but its worth 250% less
Hm, I thought I set most 'common' monster drops to 25 to 50 fmc.

This doesn't include stuff that's easily farmable in other ways (such as string). I'll make a note to check on the values of some of the drops.
vannila only has 1 change fmc wise this update and its only a detector track .
if certus dust is going to be 1500 fmc then why are certus quartz seeds from AE changed to 1000 each (when a recipe makes 2 ,1500+sand is not to =2000 when sand is below 1 fmc each)shouldn't certus seeds be half the fmc of the certus dust ?

moving on to comments about dimlets in the change log
  • liquid pink slime should be a disabled dimlet because if its used u get the pink slime morphing into the mob pink slime on a massive scale enough to cuase major issues for performance including the very real possiblity that it could bring down a server to its knees more thoroughly then a badly made mob farm
  • liquid sunshine can i ask why this fluid deserves a 20k rf/t upkeep? which is equal to the new cost of molten bedrockium dimlet . as far as im aware all liquid sunshine is used for is an expensive setting the weather to clear in the normal case for ender io .Is there some powerful application i am not aware of ?
  • aside from those 2 i see a bunch of upkeep cost changes that were very necessary (charged certus ore, nether peridot ,other project red gem varients)
  • lastly i find it very comical that the dragon dimlet needs half a million rf/t as its upkeep

Last edited:

Psygantic

Jul 29, 2019
Shard of Laputa is what causes this. More than a couple people have accidentally activated one after receiving it from a Blind Bag (right clicking too fast to open them all), so I have implemented a 'Sealed Crate' system for them. Instead of the Shard, you'll get a sealed crate you craft to obtain the item.

Maybe just remove Shards of Laputa from bags entirely? They are such a niche tool that few players are likely to be happy to pull one, much less the half dozen or so I got when playing 0.2.0.

Botania is full of other artifacts that would be very welcome as bag rewards though, and more variety there would be nice. I remember lots of Laputa Shards and lots of Terra Shatterers.

You deserve a lot of credit for the pack and for sticking with it in spite of the setback, Caigan. Thanks.

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019

Client Download
Server Download

• NEW MODS
  • REMOVED MODS
  • QUESTING
    • 65+ New Quests!
  • BLIND BAGS
  • CORPORATE CATALOG
    • Category Changes
  • FMC SYSTEM
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    • Many recipe fixes

IMPORTANT NOTES

OMG Caigan! thank you! i test the modpack and the reputation don't reset! i'll test with optfine and some other mods like dualhotbar later.. i'm so happy! =3