[1.7.10]GT-New-Horizons[Ultra Hard Gregified modpack via Minetweaker and Modtweaker][2,5K+ Quests]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@DreamMasterXXL, I wanted to poke around your pack this weekend a bit (finally). I just wanted to let you know that the code you provided doesn't work as-is for me. I had to lower-case it first (tried on a hunch)

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Thanks, yes I am gonna turn this off on the neutral mobs. I lost my cows farm already twice and thats enough :) but keeping that on hostile mobs is ok. I found the mod, but could u let me know how its called in config file. I cannot figure out which is for that mod.

I:KamikazeChance=0 set it to 0 and no more explosion will be happened or disabled it B:KamikazeMobRevenge=false

You can't make a difference between neutral and aggressive mobs.

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Hello dear autor!
Firstly, i want to say thanks to you, for this great modpack.
Secondly, i want to ask you something.
Please, do something with kanthal coils. They's only purpose is to craft nichrome coils. They are useless! Maybe rise titan heat requirements? Or just remove them(kantal coils).

What you mean exactly? That you can jump in the coils from Tier 1 to tier 3 directly not using second Tier Coils?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get rice seed? Working on the healing axe quest and the only way I can find to get rice is water gardens.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've gone through about 50 of them, drop rate on rice isn't that hot. I'll just work on other things while they spread out again.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Maple Syrup? no recipe in NEI, don't get any as drops when cutting down maple trees(oh wait, wrong maple trees, these are natura).

Looks like Pam's has them too, can make a sapling if I already had the syrup but I don't so I suppose it means I search the overworld for a pam's maple tree?

UPDATE: Traveled over 5k meters away looking for a maple tree. Filled up my inventory and pack with useful stuff, decided to come back without finding a maple. On my way back found a maple tree 90m from my front door.

Last edited:
Reactions: DreamMasterXXL

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Maple Syrup? no recipe in NEI, don't get any as drops when cutting down maple trees(oh wait, wrong maple trees, these are natura).

Looks like Pam's has them too, can make a sapling if I already had the syrup but I don't so I suppose it means I search the overworld for a pam's maple tree?

UPDATE: Traveled over 5k meters away looking for a maple tree. Filled up my inventory and pack with useful stuff, decided to come back without finding a maple. On my way back found a maple tree 90m from my front door.
Yea this trees are very rare. Maybe need to add some recipe or some Quest reward.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The power of the healing axe is mine! I rush it in any pack where hunger overhaul can be a pain. I ended up crafting most of the food but I think you could eventually find all of it in dungeon chest loot.

healing_axe.jpg

V

Vixor999

Hi, I was wondering, since you seem to have such a nice collection of magic mods in this pack, why not Botania? It's the only major one that's missing, which is a shame, given how big of a focus magic seems to be in this pack. Just seems like it could fit in well. Witching Gadgets too, for that matter, since you have just about every other Thaumcraft addon.

I've attempted to add them myself before, as while understandably the content without the tweaks you've done on every other mod could be unbalanced in some ways, I wanted the extra content, but I simply can't seem to get it to launch without crashing when I add just about any mod to the pack. I assume it's due to a conflict with Minetweaker changes or something of that nature, but I wouldn't know how to go about fixing that.

Do you have plans to add those mods, and if not, is there a feasible way for me to add them myself for personal use? I don't really mind balance conflicts if the latter is the only option, as Witching Gadgets is gated behind all the other Thaumcraft stuff, and Botania has a fairly large time investment, but I would kind of like to get that content in my game for a playthrough. Feels wrong to have all those other magic mods and be missing those two, at least for me.

Last edited:

DreamMasterXXL

Jan 16, 2015
Germany
gtnewhorizons.com
Hi, I was wondering, since you seem to have such a nice collection of magic mods in this pack, why not Botania? It's the only major one that's missing, which is a shame, given how big of a focus magic seems to be in this pack. Just seems like it could fit in well. Witching Gadgets too, for that matter, since you have just about every other Thaumcraft addon.

I've attempted to add them myself before, as while understandably the content without the tweaks you've done on every other mod could be unbalanced in some ways, I wanted the extra content, but I simply can't seem to get it to launch without crashing when I add just about any mod to the pack. I assume it's due to a conflict with Minetweaker changes or something of that nature, but I wouldn't know how to go about fixing that.

Do you have plans to add those mods, and if not, is there a feasible way for me to add them myself for personal use? I don't really mind balance conflicts if the latter is the only option, as Witching Gadgets is gated behind all the other Thaumcraft stuff, and Botania has a fairly large time investment, but I would kind of like to get that content in my game for a playthrough. Feels wrong to have all those other magic mods and be missing those two, at least for me.

Botania is planned to add to the pack if I got enought time to nerf the whole mod. Witching gatchets are cause more issues then useful.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Did a few runs with the EBF. Time to come up with a better power source so I can run it full time. Guess tree farm into charcoal/ethanol into large boiler/diesel gen is the next logical step.

Last time I did this I used Thaumcraft tree farms and a ludicrous number of coke ovens.

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be advisable to make multiple coal boilers? Since one isnt enough to consistently run the alloy smelter. Also is finding veins in the Twilight Forest easier or harder? I dug down in 12 spots and only found one iron vein. Edit: I found a couple more iron veins, and a sapphire and some shards. Still need Silver though for that solar boiler :l Sorry for all the edits, but when do i get to process my redstone? i cant smelt it so i dont know how to get it, and NEI just shows machines i do not have.

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you're desperate you can process it with a hammer in a crafting table and then drop the impure dust into a cauldron with water in it. NOTE: You can drop entire stacks at a time. Don't do what I did and throw it in 1 dust at a time and have to fill up that cauldron too many times before figuring it out, lol. Once you have basic machines you can macerate->hammer->throw in cauldron.

Finding silver veins in twilight forest didn't take me that long. It did take me awhile to find one low enough that the top of the vein---the part with the actual silver ore---wasn't overwritten by topsoil.

Sure, build more of the small boilers. I used all of the small silvers I found in the overworld to add 4 solar boilers to my first coal, which was enough for some basic processing. After finding a workable silver vein ended up adding 14 more of the solar boilers.