Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Does the old method of having a chicken farm no longer work? where you place water blocks above a group of signs for the eggs to fall through? I've tried this and the chickens drown.
My personal favorite chicken farm: All glass around a bunch of chickens in a single space. Below the chickens, a hopper going down into a dispenser aimed upwards. A redstone clock on the dispensers fires the eggs. In time, the eggs will accumulate faster than it can fire.

Around the glass: Open space.

On chunk reload: kill all the chickens outside of the glass.

Yea, it's taking advantage of minecraft's "mobs don't stay in a pen" bug.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
My personal favorite chicken farm: All glass around a bunch of chickens in a single space. Below the chickens, a hopper going down into a dispenser aimed upwards. A redstone clock on the dispensers fires the eggs. In time, the eggs will accumulate faster than it can fire.

Around the glass: Open space.

On chunk reload: kill all the chickens outside of the glass.

Yea, it's taking advantage of minecraft's "mobs don't stay in a pen" bug.
Tbh just jamming a ton of chickens above a hopper should work.
A sure way to ruin your own and server performance too...

Dont ever cram any NPC into a confined space with other NPCs. The wall glitching causes the AI pathfinding processing to go through the roof.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Are you killing these endermen near your base by any chance?

If so, you could plant a vinculotus nearby (Botania), which forces endermen who teleport to teleport to that plant instead.

I built a mob farm with cursed earth, under water, which tends to keep the Endermen inside. The farm has a two-block high entrance where I can stand with a looting-enchanted sword, whack away at their shins. Decent source of enderpearls and XP, sometimes heads as well.

Also, enderman don't teleport if you hit them at their feet with a normal sword. Now if have fire aspect on that sword then yes they will teleport when it. So it might be a good idea to setup the mob farm so you only have a 1/2 block window at their feet to hit them. That way you don't need to one shot them.

I find they teleport all the time if I hit their feet, in 1.7.10 anyway, and assuming things like a "certus quartz sword" is "normal."

Also they seem to teleport less at night than at day, or at least they tend to at least keep teleporting aggressively near me at night rather than just hoofing it out like cowards.

The point of the strength 2 potion effect was to get enough damage in a single hit to 1 shot them ,as for breaking i did suggest a bound blade as a replacement for the ender .
if the bound blade breaks u have been recklessy automaticaly dis enchanting it ,other wise through nornal use it will kill u before it even gets close to breaking and if ur soul network gets that dry the sword will only remove .5- 1heart each time not 1 Or 2 or3 or4 shot u
I've found my solution! Extra utilities Diamond spikes can be enchanted with Reaper V! (And also Looting III, Wrath IV, and Sharpness V, in that order.) They drop rare loot, and don't cause endermen to teleport.

The hilarious thing is that you can place them, yes, but you can also use them as infinite durability swords, though as far as I can tell that's actually less efficient than placing them.

Reactions: Everlasting2

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
What is the mod of choice for dealing with large amounts of items, auto-miners, and the need for getting items to various machines?

Reika said that he uses AE; I wanted to know if there is something better.

The intended usage is RotaryCraft, and supplementing the sorting machine / pneumatic pipes / expandable chest that it has with something better. I have already added Ender IO just for the item and liquid pipes and distance teleportation, and ElectriCraft for mid to late-game power transfer (basically, once I'm at/past the performance engines and micro-turbines, as I understand it).

My primary goal is to focus on RotaryCraft and keep the number of mods to a minimum, with nothing being a distraction.

Reactions: Pyure

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
My primary goal is to focus on RotaryCraft and keep the number of mods to a minimum, with nothing being a distraction.

If you want to keep the distraction down then the best bet is AE. Others would be storage drawers or jabba barrels. But from what you describe I think the best choice wold be AE. Just use it for item storage and nothing else. You can MT scripts or AE2 Stuff to bypass the crystal growth mechanic.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Do certain bees' speciality products only work in certain dimensions?

My apiaries are all in the nether, i've got round this using Gendustry to imprint temperature and humidity tolerance so the bees will actually work, but my Certus and Fluix bees are only producing normal combs and not their special products (Certus quartz and fluix crystals respectively).

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Did you try the biome upgrade to the industrial hive? Is there a normal/forest upgrade for the hive? I know there are ones for the desert and hellish. But, to answer your questions yes there can be biome dependencies on the bees.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
i would say ae2 just change the recipes for the 3 processors to be differnt recipes like normal certus + something circuity from rotary-craft for calcuation ,other 2 following the same pattern but replacing the core material with what is normally used for them (gold and diamond respectively )

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
AE1 or 2?
Assume survival mode balance is not a requirement.
Depends on your Minecraft version. if I remember correctly, AE1 is available for MC 1.6 and before; AE2 is 1.7 onward (and may not have actually been ported to 1.8-1.10 yet.)
Do certain bees' speciality products only work in certain dimensions?

My apiaries are all in the nether, i've got round this using Gendustry to imprint temperature and humidity tolerance so the bees will actually work, but my Certus and Fluix bees are only producing normal combs and not their special products (Certus quartz and fluix crystals respectively).
Specialties will only work if the apiary is in a biome that the bee natively supports, disregarding changes to the species' default temperature/humidity tolerance and any heating/cooling elements in the apiaries or alvearies.

If your bees are in the Nether, you'll only get specialties from Nether bees and bees with very good temperature tolerance. Genetic modification and fancy air-conditioned apiaries are irrelevant.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*

One question that is very long on my mind - finding alot of tutorials but mostly they're very old (like 2011) and alot has changed since then, especially with the curse'launcher and all.

- For making an own, private modpack, is it as simple as creating your own forge'using'profile in curse and then just throw all the mods you want into the mod-folder of this instance?
(I know there is a bit about "you can use the configs to not have x types of the same ore to spawn" and so, I just mean the very basic, if that would work or if you need to be at least a bit technical knowing - which I am not really x.x - to actually make a lil modpack work)

So hard to find modpacks for some mods or many modpacks which are quiet to heavy for my pc (or are not updated for a very long time).
So now I'm at the point of finally asking this question (after google-fu leaves me with very outdated informations x.x)

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
It can be that simple. And using Curse it will automatically add dependent core mods. But, I would only add one or two mods at time and launch the pack to make sure there are no crashes as you add everything. You may need to tweak biome IDs if multiple mods are added that generate biomes. As for ores that can be a little more complicated to get rid of duplicate ores and customize the ore gen to match the pack better.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I try to use as little biome-mods as possible (as much all the biome-mods look nice, I still prefer vanilla ^^", besides a lil magical forest from Thaumcraft or so).
For ore-duplicates: It should be enough to put the "Ore generated in the world" of the configs on false for all but one mod?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well, I try to use as little biome-mods as possible (as much all the biome-mods look nice, I still prefer vanilla ^^", besides a lil magical forest from Thaumcraft or so).
For ore-duplicates: It should be enough to put the "Ore generated in the world" of the configs on false for all but one mod?

Depends on whether there are recipes specific to that mod and ore. For example, Galacticraft uses something called 'Raw Silicon'. If another mod generates silicon, there's an option in the Galacticraft config that you have to set to make the other silicon usable in the Circuit Fabricator et al.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. Thanks alot for the fast help and hints :]
Guess now I just have to see if I can set this modpack up, hehe.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know why sound would completely cut out shortly after starting a session? It only happens with one particular modpack - the menu-screen music will play, and I might get a minute tops of gameplay sound once I start, but after that, silence. My settings are at 100% (I generally adjust with my headphone control), and I've tried the hack of dropping all levels to 0 and then bringing them back up.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Which modpack? If we knew that maybe a few of us could load it to see if we have the same problem...