Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I have a strange security issue. This specific slab keeps popping off for no reason, it happened several times. As you can see it's surrounded by blocks, so no mobs should be able to grief it. There is a cave somewhere around there though.

Are any mobs capable of breaking slabs through walls? I know dark creepers knock out torches like that.

Hnqi7f7.png

TorVek

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange security issue. This specific slab keeps popping off for no reason, it happened several times. As you can see it's surrounded by blocks, so no mobs should be able to grief it. There is a cave somewhere around there though.

Are any mobs capable of breaking slabs through walls? I know dark creepers knock out torches like that.

Hnqi7f7.png

I've seen mobs grief blocks that they can reach on a diagonal definitely, and from time to time I've seen them glitch far enough through a wall to successfully grief a block.
That's why, as a rule, I avoid using blocks that are on the grief list whenever I can.

Reactions: Desman

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I've seen mobs grief blocks that they can reach on a diagonal definitely, and from time to time I've seen them glitch far enough through a wall to successfully grief a block.
That's why, as a rule, I avoid using blocks that are on the grief list whenever I can.

It's a good thing I asked then, I had a few more slabs pop out. I built a solid dirt wall for now.

Years of playing BnB, still finding new ways to die. *singing* "So many dumb ways to die"

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Has anyone ever had an issue where normal walking depletes your hunger as if you are sprinting? I've never seen it before until now, and it keeps happening.

I'm trying to narrow it down, and I think it has something to do with fighting mobs. Once I was escaping my night shelter and got hit a few times, and after barely running away it was depleting so fast.

That, or something about MFR plastic bags...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Has anyone ever had an issue where normal walking depletes your hunger as if you are sprinting? I've never seen it before until now, and it keeps happening.

I'm trying to narrow it down, and I think it has something to do with fighting mobs. Once I was escaping my night shelter and got hit a few times, and after barely running away it was depleting so fast.

If you are naturally restoring health you loose saturation. Perhaps that is what you see?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
If you are naturally restoring health you loose saturation. Perhaps that is what you see?

I don't think so. You can't restore health naturally in BnB, you need to eat food to heal (one shank minimum). I wasn't even injured, the armor hearts absorbed all the hits.

I was thinking that maybe weight had something to do with it. Possible glitch from moving things into plastic bags? This is the first time I used the bags.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had an issue with creating metallurgy alloys? I tried to make Damascus steel and the iron and bronze wouldn't mix, and later I tested it in creative and found none of the metallurgy alloys could be mixed.

The only changes I've made to the pack was removing Hostile Worlds and adding the java fixer. Any clue what I should do?

TorVek

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had an issue with creating metallurgy alloys? I tried to make Damascus steel and the iron and bronze wouldn't mix, and later I tested it in creative and found none of the metallurgy alloys could be mixed.

The only changes I've made to the pack was removing Hostile Worlds and adding the java fixer. Any clue what I should do?

I've always used the dust forms produced by the grinder (the early ore doubler) to make whatever alloys I need. I take three copper dust and one tin dust, put all four of those in the crafting table (1 dust per slot, shapeless) and it produces 4 bronze dust.
I can then put those 4 bronze dust back in the crafting table as two stacks of two, and add three stacks of two iron dust each. Right click on the results, and I have ten Damascus Steel dust. Smelt or furnace as appropriate to make TIC parts and/or ingots.

TorVek

Jul 29, 2019

I know some mobs will put a hunger debuff on you which can be ridiculous with how fast it depletes, but there should be an icon to the right if that's happening. I've seen similar glitchy things with ladders: sometimes going up a ladder won't deplete hunger, other times it depletes it as fast/faster than if you were constantly jumping instead. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason that I can determine as to which will apply on any given attempt to use the ladder to climb upward.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I've always used the dust forms produced by the grinder (the early ore doubler) to make whatever alloys I need. I take three copper dust and one tin dust, put all four of those in the crafting table (1 dust per slot, shapeless) and it produces 4 bronze dust.
I can then put those 4 bronze dust back in the crafting table as two stacks of two, and add three stacks of two iron dust each. Right click on the results, and I have ten Damascus Steel dust. Smelt or furnace as appropriate to make TIC parts and/or ingots.
Didn't even know you could get machines that early considering everything else needs diamond for the machine frame; thanks for the info.

TorVek

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't even know you could get machines that early considering everything else needs diamond for the machine frame; thanks for the info.

Picked that one up from a Let's Play series that Anesos put together. The Grinder makes a big difference in the pre-Nether game in my experience. Look up the series if you get a chance, it's excellent.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I used the grinder until I found out that the crusher doubles ores much easier. Never turned that infernal crank again.

TorVek

Jul 29, 2019
I used the grinder until I found out that the crusher doubles ores much easier. Never turned that infernal crank again.

Yes, that's the one I meant (it's been a while since I've had the game up). The one you can build and fuel immediately upon getting the first pick that lets you gather stone (which is needed to get any of the other ores, too). 4 sticks, 12 cobble (8 to make a furnace).

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Well, I guess my last attempt at hardcore bnb ends with a permanent lag issue.

Right after returning from the first nether trip, the game halts a few seconds after loading and I can't do anything (chests aren't opening, animals don't move, time doesn't pass). killall removes 31 mobs, which doesn't help at all.

Of course, launching the game without Lycanites' Mobs solved everything...

Last edited:

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing pretty good on my easy world so far; Got to sauginite tier, now I'm trying to start witchery.
2016-10-04_16.50.13.png

Aaaaand I walked all the way out here to find a single spruce sapling and still haven't found one.

Is there a way to get them without finding a spruce tree or using mutandis?

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I'm doing pretty good on my easy world so far; Got to sauginite tier, now I'm trying to start witchery.

Aaaaand I walked all the way out here to find a single spruce sapling and still haven't found one.

Is there a way to get them without finding a spruce tree or using mutandis?

It seems your real problem is the walking. You are surrounded by water, you could have made a stack of boats and explored the nearby coasts. Now you have to walk back.

If boats are too annoying to use, you could have used the nether to move large distances.

Also, what's wrong with mutandis?

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
It seems your real problem is the walking. You are surrounded by water, you could have made a stack of boats and explored the nearby coasts. Now you have to walk back.

If boats are too annoying to use, you could have used the nether to move large distances.

Also, what's wrong with mutandis?

Ah; Sometimes you get too into the mods in a modpack you forget how to vanilla :confused:

Not sure how using the nether would have helped other than perhaps taking out the walk back from wherever you run out to; Exploring biomes would go at the same (if not slower) pace that way.

And I would have liked to use mutandis to get spruce, but...

You need spruce to make mutandis

Thankfully I managed to get spruce along with enough food to last me days, now my only concerns are upgrading my gear and deciphering the mind-boggle that is witchery.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I have a strange issue; every single dream I have has been a nightmare so far. I've drank 3 sleeping potions with no nightmare weaver, 3 with 1 nightmare weavers, and 3 with 2 nightmare weavers. Am I missing something, or am I just super unlucky?

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
2016-10-18_23.27.53.png

Another one bites the dust... Hellfish again - just after I mined my first cobalt and was about to leave the nether for good (until BM pick + flight)
Worst part is, I could have made a death protection puppet, but I wanted to save my ghast tears for the crops