Early enderpearls?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

thomasbm3

Hi everyone!

Im playing ftb for a while and ive started several worlds but i always have a short off ender pearls, i have one used for a chunkloader for my nether pump and quarry world but now im switching betweend them. Does anyone know how to get enderpearls early in the game? Want to make some tesseracts and stuff :)

Thanks for you time!

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
The past two worlds I first got some basic flight (e.g. second tier Simply Jetpacks), then went to the nether and killed ghasts for their tears and then converted those to ender pearls using the Alchemy Catalyst from Botania (need one pearl to craft). Once you have a few pearls and feel ready, locate the end and kill the dragon.

Reactions: thomasbm3

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on the pack, for Skyblocks I make a long and narrow 3 tall dark room and swing a sword at everything's feet. If the pack has Essentialcraft 3 i use a Mithriline Furnace to turn blaze rods into ender pearls (this can be made even faster if you have Immersive Engineering plat press), And for packs with out magic I stand under a 2 tall tree and stare at enderman and vanillia my enderpearls

And if the pack has Extra Utilities get something with silk touch and activate a division sigil, the cursed earth is perfect for mob farms and you will never worry about a (overworld) mob drop ever again.

Reactions: thomasbm3
T

thomasbm3

The past two worlds I first got some basic flight (e.g. second tier Simply Jetpacks), then went to the nether and killed ghasts for their tears and then converted those to ender pearls using the Alchemy Catalyst from Botania (need one pearl to craft). Once you have a few pearls and feel ready, locate the end and kill the dragon.
Ill take a look at it, thanks for the response! :D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

T

thomasbm3

It depends on the pack, for Skyblocks I make a long and narrow 3 tall dark room and swing a sword at everything's feet. If the pack has Essentialcraft 3 i use a Mithriline Furnace to turn blaze rods into ender pearls (this can be made even faster if you have Immersive Engineering plat press), And for packs with out magic I stand under a 2 tall tree and stare at enderman and vanillia my enderpearls

And if the pack has Extra Utilities get something with silk touch and activate a division sigil, the cursed earth is perfect for mob farms and you will never worry about a (overworld) mob drop ever again.
I love cursed earth!! But finding a division sigil is a pain in the back... any suggestions? Thanks for replying! :)

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
Withers drop Division Sigils, it's supposed to be a Post-Wither thing, Reward bags ruined that.

T

thomasbm3

Ooh yes in skyfactory i had tons of em, luckly they are nit in infinity evolved. That would suck

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure which pack you're using but if you have enderzoo included you have enderminys. And if you're able to change the configs then you can set them to spawn pretty much anywhere anytime.

T

thomasbm3

Not sure which pack you're using but if you have enderzoo included you have enderminys. And if you're able to change the configs then you can set them to spawn pretty much anywhere anytime.
Ftb infinity evolved, but nog the newest... im scared that its top much or wil cracht my game (wich hsppend serveral times yesterday) but in this world i havent seen them, but in my world before this one i did

T

thomasbm3

Sorry for my spelling, dutch auto correct

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an old-ish version of Infinity on my pc and it does have enderzoo and enderminys enabled.

But you might want to change this setting to false to increase the spawn rate especially if your base doesn't have much grass!

# When true enderminies will spawn only on grass blocks. [default: true]
B:enderminySpawnOnlyOnGrass=true

EDIT the file is /config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The wiki says: Cursed Earth is a block added by Extra Utilities and is created by the activation of a Division Sigil. (http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Cursed_Earth)

Unless you know another way :)
Unless it have been changed again, then I think it was only for a short time in 1.5.2 that you could do the ritual without the Sigil. In 1.6.4 and onward(AFAIK) it is required.
My info may be outta date. It might be worth trying however.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean just killing something in the vicinity of the enchanting table (+ redstone) at midnight?

That would be cool - no need to hunt wither skeletons forever. Don't think I've ever actually got 3 heads without some mod helping me.

T

thomasbm3

I've got an old-ish version of Infinity on my pc and it does have enderzoo and enderminys enabled.

But you might want to change this setting to false to increase the spawn rate especially if your base doesn't have much grass!

# When true enderminies will spawn only on grass blocks. [default: true]
B:enderminySpawnOnlyOnGrass=true

EDIT the file is /config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg
Wow youre an expert! Thanks!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Note: new behavior for Endermen starting in 1.10 (?)... If they can't reach you they now teleport you to them if they see you. The room trap should still be ok.

T

thomasbm3

Do ypu have to restart the whole game of you change true to false? It takes 10min for me :(