Early enderpearls?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
The only time a config change does NOT need a restart if if it can be done with a command, like Switching from normal to expert mode and back.

T

thomasbm3

How do i change it to false?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Open the file /config/enderzoo/EnderZoo.cfg

Find the line:
B:enderminySpawnOnlyOnGrass=true

And change it to:
B:enderminySpawnOnlyOnGrass=false

T

thomasbm3

I extracted the mod into a folder and my first options are: assets, crazypants, meta inf, and mcmod.info

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure, all of my instances - whether they come from curse or the ftb launcher or built in MultiMC - have a config folder in the same location as the saves folder.

T

thomasbm3

Ill take a look thanks

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The enderpearl issue is why I always use Biomes O'Plenty mod (i.e. if it isn't in the modpack, that's a big minus for me)... because BOP mod has a biome called "Ominous Woods", which is basically a vacation home for Endermen (since their main home is obviously The End itself). And this is also the reason why I always explore so extensively before choosing a location to make a base... because being near an Ominous Woods biome really really really makes that issue of early-game EnderPearls almost a non-issue.

Note: It's been a long long time (quite a few modpacks) since I've even seen an Ominous Woods biome. It's getting to the point where I'm wondering if they removed it or something? Probably just bad luck. The variety of biomes is quite odd in BOP. It's almost as if it takes a small selection of the overall available biomes and then spams them multiple times over a large area. It's kinda like it doesn't randomize the biomes enough.

Reactions: Pyure
T

thomasbm3

The enderpearl issue is why I always use Biomes O'Plenty mod (i.e. if it isn't in the modpack, that's a big minus for me)... because BOP mod has a biome called "Ominous Woods", which is basically a vacation home for Endermen (since their main home is obviously The End itself). And this is also the reason why I always explore so extensively before choosing a location to make a base... because being near an Ominous Woods biome really really really makes that issue of early-game EnderPearls almost a non-issue.

Note: It's been a long long time (quite a few modpacks) since I've even seen an Ominous Woods biome. It's getting to the point where I'm wondering if they removed it or something? Probably just bad luck. The variety of biomes is quite odd in BOP. It's almost as if it takes a small selection of the overall available biomes and then spams them multiple times over a large area. It's kinda like it doesn't randomize the biomes enough.
Thats cool, i didnt onow that, i never use bop because off the mess of all the biomes and its top full for my oppinion. Plus i dont have the best pc, got a hp elitebook laptop

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The variety of biomes is quite odd in BOP. It's almost as if it takes a small selection of the overall available biomes and then spams them multiple times over a large area. It's kinda like it doesn't randomize the biomes enough.
I feel the same way. I wonder if the world gen algorithm is smart enough to know that certain biomes logically belong near other biomes (so that you'd find Icy Mountains in an Arctic biome, etc). If this prioritization logic was too strong, you'd end up with a cycle that's a bit hard/rare to break out of.

T

thomasbm3

I finally got my first enderminy or something lol.... didnt change anything. In my previous world i almost only saw them in a mystcraft rsndom world, but i dont know why

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I feel the same way. I wonder if the world gen algorithm is smart enough to know that certain biomes logically belong near other biomes (so that you'd find Icy Mountains in an Arctic biome, etc). If this prioritization logic was too strong, you'd end up with a cycle that's a bit hard/rare to break out of.

Even Vanilla wasn't that smart until recently :D I forget whether it was changed after 1.7.10 and before that you could find Desert and Frozen biomes across a river from each other.

Unless BOP completely overwrites Vanilla I have to wonder if it is smart enough to deal with the new biome placement in Vanilla, (I'm not a BOP fan).

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Even Vanilla wasn't that smart until recently :D I forget whether it was changed after 1.7.10 and before that you could find Desert and Frozen biomes across a river from each other.

Unless BOP completely overwrites Vanilla I have to wonder if it is smart enough to deal with the new biome placement in Vanilla, (I'm not a BOP fan).
Interesting and good to know, ty.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're playing a mod pack with Reika's Chromaticraft, Ender Forests are coded to spawn only endermen. And will spawn pools of resonant ender if possible.

Yeah, Highlands is far better than BoP as far as I am concerned.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
A little trick for enderminis,
If you can dig a 2 block deep hold and push them in then drop a sand or gravel block on them.
After a moment they will die of suffocation and you get a pearl, most of the time.
This is how I get my first few pearls. Once you have the material to build the Ender and upgraded it all the way and add a looting 3 then you can just go after endermen and get pearls for days.

Reactions: SolManX

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
tbh, I'm very old and set in my ways. I tend to add mimicry and portal gun to packs because that recipe still works :)

That way I only need to get a single pearl (either from a drop or a chest) as feed stock and then I can make as many as I like...

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
tbh, I'm very old and set in my ways. I tend to add mimicry and portal gun to packs because that recipe still works :)

That way I only need to get a single pearl (either from a drop or a chest) as feed stock and then I can make as many as I like...

I tend to use Essential craft and a Blaze farm in the same way, since I can transmute Blaze Rods to Ender Pearls with the Mithriline furnace all I need is a way to move a blaze spawner to the overworld, and nothing does that as easily a cardboard box from mekanism.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Diamond dolly can move them. Open blocks is the mod iirc. Could be wrong though. Only down side is if you don't have a backpack or strong box to transport it you get a mining fatigue and slowness debuff.

RyokuHasu

Jul 29, 2019
I still prefer cardboard box, it's infinitely better than the diamond dolly. It can move any block or tile entity and retain all metadata and inventory with no slowing side effects and it just costs 4 saw dust from a precision saw mill or sag mill.

In my opinion the Mekanism Cardboard box is hands down the best way to move anything including chests, spawners, un-upgraded compact machines, blood alters, certain energy storage devices, mana pools, and even primus loci (nothing else can move a primus loci without destroying it, except maybe a ME spacial drive)

It's extremely cheap for a mod that has a very deep and complex tech tree lol

Last edited: