Cursed Earth Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pehn420

Jul 29, 2019
Hello l
I'm trying to do the activation ritual for the division sigil to get Cursed Earth and I'm curious -
Does the Cursed Earth always spawn in the same pattern? How much is there, and what does it look like?
Also, does using light prevent monsters from spawning on cursed earth?
Finally, can I re-perform the activation sigil on an already-activated division sigil?
Thanks!

Predatorkillol

Jul 29, 2019
It does spawn in the exact same pattern every time, it creates a circle, not sure on the exact dimensions.
Artificial light (torches etc.) prevents spawning but sunlight destroys the cursed earth.
The ritual cannot be re-performed.
Just to note that cursed earth will spread to adjacent grass/dirt blocks when it is dark.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Also, it's worth noting that cursed earth can be picked up using a silk touch tool. So, when you perform the ritual, you'll probably want to have a fast silk touch shovel on hand, so you can collect a few blocks of cursed earth before you get overwhelmed with mobs. After that, you can farm the stuff by letting it spread to dirt in an enclosed darkroom with a lightswitch and either an automatic mob killer of some sort or some other way to deal with the mobs that will spawn inside.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It can be re-performed as ritual is not request sigil BUT sigil can't be recharged/reseted
Unless it have been changed again, then I think it was only for a short time in 1.5.2 that you could do the ritual without the Sigil. In 1.6.4 and onward(AFAIK) it is required.

pehn420

Jul 29, 2019
I did it - you can do the ritual multiple times on an activated sigil. I only used the same sigil and did the ritual 4 times. It just doesn't start glowing at midnight, because it's already activated and therefore glowing. You just have to be smart and watch the moon, and once it is more than halfway through the sky, do the ritual again! It works with an already-activated sigil.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
And don't use ProjectRed lights when making your mob spawner room.

They're bugged and the soil will consider them always on, and nothing will ever spawn.

Had me scratching my head for 2 full days that one.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
light can be used to prevent mobs from spawn, but only when the Cursed Earth isnt in direct view of the sky. If u place torches on or near Cursed Earth during the night, it will set itself aflame, causing more light, setting more aflame.

Also placing 1 piece of Cursed Earth in a dark room with a dirt or grass floor, will spread the Cursed Earth to the other blocks in that room.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
light can be used to prevent mobs from spawn, but only when the Cursed Earth isnt in direct view of the sky. If u place torches on or near Cursed Earth during the night, it will set itself aflame, causing more light, setting more aflame.

Also placing 1 piece of Cursed Earth in a dark room with a dirt or grass floor, will spread the Cursed Earth to the other blocks in that room.

So, regular redstone lamps will stop spawns, but not burn the Cursed Earth? What other lights (apart from ProjectRed, thanks Shevron) would you recommend?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So, regular redstone lamps will stop spawns, but not burn the Cursed Earth? What other lights (apart from ProjectRed, thanks Shevron) would you recommend?
Basically any redstone-controllable light source that's not from Project Red will work, so just whatever you like the look of. Personally, I like putting a bunch of glowstone into a drawbridge. That way, one block on the edge of the room can light a wide swath going all the way across.

Also note that I like making 21x21 rooms for spawning mobs, so as to fill up the entire volume of effect of the Well of Suffering. If you prefer making smaller, Direwolf-like spawn rooms, a single lamp in the ceiling should work just fine.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Any tool with Silk Touch should be able to collect ExtraUtilities Cursed Earth.
ExtraUtilities2 Cursed Earth is created with a drop of evil, which are much easier to get a hold of than the Sigils via killing Wither Skeletons. I do not know If EU2 Cursed Earth is collectable at all, memory says no.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame