[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, this has probably been asked before but how can you disable all the writing that comes up when you hover over items in your inventory. It's super annoying.
Thst is NEI if you really want to get rid of it... press O.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
So far I'm really liking this pack but what are some power generation options for running an MFR laser drill? It seems that BR has been hit with the config nerf bat (0.5 power multiplier, 8x fuel usage multiplier) such that it isn't viable to run one to power a laser drill that is capable of mining enough fuel to be sustainable. I'm not even sure with those numbers that an active reactor driving a turbine would be able to run net fuel positive either.

I could do something silly like build a large enough farm to power a column of bio generators stretching all the way down to bedrock but I'd like to have a setup that doesn't generate a ton of lag in the process.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
So... the small RF quest doesn't reset it's completion state upon collecting the rewards, enabling me to just spam the collect button and get TONS of coins.

Edit: Correction: It just deletes the requirements to re-complete it. so it's just instantly re-completed the instant I click "collect"

Edit 2: I fixed it by re-"installing firmware", although I get the feeling that it'll just happen again the next time I compete it.

Also, the tiny RF amount is after the other RF amounts in the RF submission station. (annoying, but not really a glitch)

Replace the muffins with coins:

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
So far I'm really liking this pack but what are some power generation options for running an MFR laser drill? It seems that BR has been hit with the config nerf bat (0.5 power multiplier, 8x fuel usage multiplier) such that it isn't viable to run one to power a laser drill that is capable of mining enough fuel to be sustainable. I'm not even sure with those numbers that an active reactor driving a turbine would be able to run net fuel positive either.

I could do something silly like build a large enough farm to power a column of bio generators stretching all the way down to bedrock but I'd like to have a setup that doesn't generate a ton of lag in the process.
if u still wanna use the mod big reactors for power think outside the box(there is at least 1 stable way ) , else mekinism has multiple multi-block power gen (the reactor is the higher end one but there is a lower end one that will generate plenty of power for what u want ), then there is the classic of solar power from solar flux(i highly recommend teaching ae the recipes) , lastly some of the extra ultilies power generators are quite strong ......

Reactions: An0nymuS

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
BR is the go to for generating large amounts of power in most mod packs so I suppose I didn't really think too hard about using ExU x64 generators. I've also toyed a bit with the MEK fusion reactor before and although it can generate a ridiculous amount of power it is a bit unwieldy when it comes to automating it.

I also missed the fact that solar flux was available too so that's always an option. Thanks for the response!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
MEK fusion reactor before and although it can generate a ridiculous amount of power it is a bit unwieldy when it comes to automating it.
thats why i mentioned a other multiblock that will generate a lovely amount of power for what u want (its newish addtion to mek)

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
thats why i mentioned a other multiblock that will generate a lovely amount of power for what u want (its newish addtion to mek)

Sorry - I misread your post and I'll poke around in MEK some more for the lower tier multiblock generator. Do you happen to remember the name of it? Is it perhaps something out of the MEK generators mod and not MEK itself?

Edit: It it the industrial turbine from v9?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Sorry - I misread your post and I'll poke around in MEK some more for the lower tier multiblock generator. Do you happen to remember the name of it? Is it perhaps something out of the MEK generators mod and not MEK itself?

Edit: It it the industrial turbine from v9?
probably the turbine yes

T

Thaddeus Hashbrown

Hey Caigan,
I was wondering, after the .20 update a lot of the quest lines are now WIP or incomplete, I was wondering if you were going to complete all of those in the .2.1 update mentioned in the google docs change log? If so when do you recon that the update will be complete?
Note: Otherwise your modpack is great, I'm having a lot of fun playing it.
Irrelevant question: are you a furry irl?

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Caigan,
I was wondering, after the .20 update a lot of the quest lines are now WIP or incomplete, I was wondering if you were going to complete all of those in the .2.1 update mentioned in the google docs change log? If so when do you recon that the update will be complete?
Note: Otherwise your modpack is great, I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

Not all but quite a number. AE will most likely be in. As I have did it earler than him doing it and guided him along.

ETA? This I am not sure.

Sorry to disappoint.. he is more than likely NOT a ferret/furry IRL.

T

Thaddeus Hashbrown

Not all but quite a number. AE will most likely be in. As I have did it earler than him doing it and guided him along.

ETA? This I am not sure.

Sorry to disappoint.. he is more than likely NOT a ferret/furry IRL.

Wow that was quick, so you work with Caigan on the pack?

T

Thaddeus Hashbrown

Not really work... I contributed the AE questline I basically let up to him to polish it up and make it fit into the theme.

Sidetopic : quick? Yeah tapatalk told me to look

cool app getting it right now :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So... the small RF quest doesn't reset it's completion state upon collecting the rewards, enabling me to just spam the collect button and get TONS of coins.
Okay this is an odd bug that seems to happen to some folks and not others, as someone mentioned it earlier and I tried to replicate it but couldn't.

I was wondering, after the .20 update a lot of the quest lines are now WIP or incomplete,
These were all marked as WIP before, but not as clearly. They are placeholders mostly, showing what questlines are most likely going to come later. (things change, of course).

They won't be completed in a single update, but stretched over multiple, since most questlines can be up to 10k words large each.

If so when do you recon that the update will be complete?
No ETA, especially this early out.

I am a furry, yes.

Wow that was quick, so you work with Caigan on the pack?
Josh had made some contributions to the pack, along with a few other folks (for example, the fork of Fluxed Crystals 2 is done by TheBlueTroll).

There are no other official members working on the pack other than myself and my partner.

Reactions: joshwoo70

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Okay this is an odd bug that seems to happen to some folks and not others, as someone mentioned it earlier and I tried to replicate it but couldn't.

These were all marked as WIP before, but not as clearly. They are placeholders mostly, showing what questlines are most likely going to come later. (things change, of course).

They won't be completed in a single update, but stretched over multiple, since most questlines can be up to 10k words large each.

No ETA, especially this early out.

I am a furry, yes.

Josh had made some contributions to the pack, along with a few other folks (for example, the fork of Fluxed Crystals 2 is done by TheBlueTroll).

There are no other official members working on the pack other than myself and my partner.
The energy wasn't submitted all at once, over multiple re-logs, and using a survivalist generator. Maybe the rate of submission had something to do with it? (It's the only controllable variable I can think of)

Darianna

Jul 29, 2019
These Big Tooltips when hover on an item in Inventar....from wich mod is that? Think it isnt NEI...then hide NEI with O doenst help...
can anyone tell me how i can this disable...or configure? all what i see in my inventory are big tooltips but not my items... :/

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
After the update I'm having a really strange issue with the AE2 crafting terminal. If I attempt to use shift-click to transfer a recipe from NEI into the crafting terminal and the materials are not present in the AE system, it appears that some random item in my inventory (for instance, my mana tablet) is placed in the crafting grid in place of the missing material.

I've seen NEI + inventory tweaks have strange quirks before but I've never run across something like this. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

StephJ2Fan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I love your pack Caigan! Thank you for making it! But can I suggest one minor(major in my opinion) adjustment? Can you tweak the gaia mobs HP levels. My map I managed to spawn near an Extreme Hills, and on top of the griffith spawning, and his HP is set at a decent level, I get the Valkerie spawning in, and before I tweaked it myself, their HP was at 150, and they kill me in like 3 shots even on easy mode. Other than Item drops are there any quests that require those mobs right now? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to disable the mod until and/or if a tweak is going to be made. Thanks in advance!

T

Thirtyeight

I apologize if this problem was mentioned before, but I am having an issue with text in the mission descriptions. Ordinary text is fine, but punctuation like , ' or " gets rendered as gibberish. Is there a way for me to fix this? Its only in the QUEST tablet, nothing else seems to have this issue.

Attachments

• 2016-08-14_18.08.37.png
    2016-08-14_18.08.37.png
    82 KB · Views: 58

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Okay I love your pack Caigan! Thank you for making it! But can I suggest one minor(major in my opinion) adjustment? Can you tweak the gaia mobs HP levels. My map I managed to spawn near an Extreme Hills, and on top of the griffith spawning, and his HP is set at a decent level, I get the Valkerie spawning in, and before I tweaked it myself, their HP was at 150, and they kill me in like 3 shots even on easy mode. Other than Item drops are there any quests that require those mobs right now? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to disable the mod until and/or if a tweak is going to be made. Thanks in advance!
that mod's mobs have alot of the research materials , as for the mobs u got they are biome based and spawning in "high biomes" is poor luck on a world spawn pt (griffith and valkerie love high up biomes ) and there was nerf across the board for them,last update