Psi Discussion Thread

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The regen spell is ~200/250 of my CAD. The resistance spell is similar, so combining them wouldn't do much good. I also haven't gotten around to trying to make a light placing spell or anything more advanced than these buff spells. I can't for the life of me get targeting spells working, so having a spell place things in certain positions is a quite a bit above my head at the moment. I only barely dragged myself through the tutorials by shear dumb luck and a stubborn attitude.
Then it sounds like slotting the regen spell into a psimetal helmet with a stress sensor would work perfectly for your purposes.

Also note that the psimetal tools and armor pieces have three sockets- so you could put the regen and resistance spell bullets into your chestplate, and switch between them using the armor controller as needed. Not as elegant as firing both of them automatically when needed, but it works if you're using your helmet slot for something else.

In any case, writing a spell to place a light source in your face (assuming you've unlocked the block conjuration tricks) is pretty simple. Selector: Caster -> Operator: Entity Position will return the position of your head in the form of a vector. The Conjure Light trick, coincidentally, takes a vector as an argument. So, Selector: Caster -> Operator: Entity Position -> Trick: Conjure Light will place a floating light source at the same location as your head whenever it fires. Slot that into a psimetal helmet with a light sensor, and every time you walk into darkness, a floating ball of light will appear right in your face.

If you want to get a little more fancy and have the spell place the light at your feet instead, you just need to subtract 1 from the Y coordinate of that position vector. You could do that by using the Extract operators to pull the x, y, and z coordinates out from the Entity Position vector, subtracting 1 from the Y coordinate, and then reassembling them into a vector using the Vector Construct operator. However, simply adding the vector (0, -1, 0) to the Entity Position vector would accomplish the same thing with a lot less space- just the vector addition operator, Vector Construct, and a single number constant (being -1, directed into the Y input on the Vector Construct operator).

... That description probably made no sense at all. I don't seem to have a working instance with Psi at the moment, so here's the result of a quick hackjob in Photoshop:
PsiLightPlacingSpell.png
You could compactify this a bit more just by moving the components around, but if it'll fit in your CAD, there's really no need to.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, however I was only asking if anyone knew of why what I made might be buggy. I have already completed all the tutorials and - for the most part - I understand all the workings of each piece.
I will have a look to see if I can find any workarounds etc for use in spells from those links. Thank you :3

upload_2016-7-3_20-37-33.png

Sorry I miss understood, hope you work it out.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Then it sounds like slotting the regen spell into a psimetal helmet with a stress sensor would work perfectly for your purposes.

Also note that the psimetal tools and armor pieces have three sockets- so you could put the regen and resistance spell bullets into your chestplate, and switch between them using the armor controller as needed. Not as elegant as firing both of them automatically when needed, but it works if you're using your helmet slot for something else.

In any case, writing a spell to place a light source in your face (assuming you've unlocked the block conjuration tricks) is pretty simple. Selector: Caster -> Operator: Entity Position will return the position of your head in the form of a vector. The Conjure Light trick, coincidentally, takes a vector as an argument. So, Selector: Caster -> Operator: Entity Position -> Trick: Conjure Light will place a floating light source at the same location as your head whenever it fires. Slot that into a psimetal helmet with a light sensor, and every time you walk into darkness, a floating ball of light will appear right in your face.

If you want to get a little more fancy and have the spell place the light at your feet instead, you just need to subtract 1 from the Y coordinate of that position vector. You could do that by using the Extract operators to pull the x, y, and z coordinates out from the Entity Position vector, subtracting 1 from the Y coordinate, and then reassembling them into a vector using the Vector Construct operator. However, simply adding the vector (0, -1, 0) to the Entity Position vector would accomplish the same thing with a lot less space- just the vector addition operator, Vector Construct, and a single number constant (being -1, directed into the Y input on the Vector Construct operator).

... That description probably made no sense at all. I don't seem to have a working instance with Psi at the moment, so here's the result of a quick hackjob in Photoshop:
You could compactify this a bit more just by moving the components around, but if it'll fit in your CAD, there's really no need to.
So I eventually had to combine my Resistance and regen spells and put it on the Exosuit Chest piece. Even with the Die trick, it doesn't work. The Die trick kills the spell after activation if placed after the main spell, but if placed before then it does nothing at all.

How do I go about installing a sensor into the exosuit helmet?

Now for my next problem. I'm working to make a dig spell. I want to eventually build up to a 3x3 or larger mining area, but right now I can't get a single block break to work. It's a simple "Trick: Break Block" > "Operator: Entity Position" > "Selector: Focal Point" on a Projectile spell bullet, but more often than not it doesn't even break a block or breaks a block 4-6 blocks away from what I shot it at.

S

Skywebz

Hi!
This mod is really amazing but I have a problem at level 19 (survival btw)

I just can't find how to use the "Time" selector. Could anyone help me to get its use ?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
This mod is really amazing but I have a problem at level 19 (survival btw)

I just can't find how to use the "Time" selector. Could anyone help me to get its use ?

"Trick: Debug" with "Selector: Time" as the number and "Selector: Caster" as the target.

A

Arkeus121

So I eventually had to combine my Resistance and regen spells and put it on the Exosuit Chest piece. Even with the Die trick, it doesn't work. The Die trick kills the spell after activation if placed after the main spell, but if placed before then it does nothing at all.

How do I go about installing a sensor into the exosuit helmet?

Now for my next problem. I'm working to make a dig spell. I want to eventually build up to a 3x3 or larger mining area, but right now I can't get a single block break to work. It's a simple "Trick: Break Block" > "Operator: Entity Position" > "Selector: Focal Point" on a Projectile spell bullet, but more often than not it doesn't even break a block or breaks a block 4-6 blocks away from what I shot it at.

Craft the sensor(look on wiki if you cant find a recipe) then craft that with the helmet.

Use an ordinary spell bullet for this, it doesn't have the range but it has the speed and it has the accuracy. Projectiles bullets are entities and therefore their hit box can sometimes get caught on other blocks and your spell will miss :u

Perhaps I can help... as for the dig spell (basic) I'll post a picture of what to use and a small operating construct (thingy that comes up a lot in spell crafting).
As for the 3x3 I made one if you look on page 7 of this forum Although it was to question if anyone could help figure out a problem it does work well enough to use for general use :3

Dig spell:
upload_2016-7-4_23-42-6.png
For this I highly recommend remembering the bottom four pieces in this spell as they pop up a lot. Their function? To select the position of the block your looking at, useful for dig spells.

Pg7

For selecting the face of the block your looking at this will be a use full construct:
upload_2016-7-4_23-49-48.png
simply place a conjure light or trick where the debug is, what it does is add the direction of the face to the position of the block you look at and will move the selected position to that of the block that would otherwise cover the face of the block you're looking at :3

L

Little Whispers

I think I'd be very useful to have the power to get a vector and number to the 0 power. I'd help out several problems I've come in doing programming in this mod. Maybe an operator that you can just do X to the power of Y, kind of in the way operator:vector multiply, or divide works. Also, adding to that, some kind of block that can use programs under certain situations. Like something that can get a redstone signal and it makes a bridge in front of it for example.

Unless I'm being stupid and that already exists and have just overlooked one of these two things.

V

Viktor_smg

Awesome mod! I found a few exploits..
-Multiple charges can be used to form a super powerful spell. For example: An add caster motion 1 charge(has best psi cost for add motion) spammed a few 100s of times can send you flying faaar beyond what a add motion 5 spell would... Obviously. Also, similar deal with explode focused mob. Just layer them around you and instakill an annoying enderman. Please don't remove the ability to have multiple charges though :(
-No limit on how fast you can cast also means if you can click fast enough you might not need to lay tons of charges around. Mostly useful for the overpriced add motion trick.
-Multiple explosion spells add some pretty extreme velocity. Putting, say, 4 of them w/ strength ~.7 at a mob's position will send it flying up in the skies, resulting in a fall fatal for most mobs, and players maybe?
Although I probably shouldn't just post exploits around like that, the mod is still in kinda early development and they're pretty easy to find/figure out.

And some suggestions:
-Add motion is overpriced IMO. Add 5 motion(a pretty decently sized jump/dash) will obliterate half of your psi, if you're at endgame. Reduce that price. I've gotta use that psi for other stuff too, you know.
-As someone on the previous page said, keybinds. They would be very nice.
-Spell runtime psi consumption as opposed to spell cast psi consumption would be VERY nice. (Of course, maybe excluding charges/mines?) No need for that damn wrapper and it means that you can make a spell that does different tricks under different circumstances without wasting your psi as if you're doing all tricks at once. F.E. you can make a spell that adds 3 Y motion to you when you jump while crouching, but not otherwise, and thus be free to jump around without, again, obliterating your psi.
-Dyed spell bullets that override your CAD's color.
-A way to gauge health (of entities in general?)
-A way to gauge hunger
-A way to gauge psi
-Allow de/buffs to error like how other vector-related functions can error (IE "Outside 32 block range" or whatever) (This is kinda related to runtime psi consumption due to wrapper)
-Add an optional output for the de/buffs that gives the amount of time the mob/player has of that de/buff and maybe level? I'm getting into multiple outputs here, that would be nice.
-Allow a square to have multiple inputs from the same direction
-Make it so that you can write a number in the UI of things that want numbers as opposed to having to place down a square just for it
-Improve general editing inside the UI - add selecting an area; moving, deleting and Copy/Pasting a selected area.
-A square(selector) for the current weather (0/1/2 nothing/rain/thunder)
-A square(selector) for the current time (not the "CAD's internal time")
-Option for instant unwrapping of the menu that pops up when you press C with your CAD/etc. equipped
-Hide the item text that appears above the hotbar when the menu is opened, it obstructs the bottom spells' names
-Some other way to output stuff to the player on the HUD, IE a specific box in the middle left?
This would mesh very well with the leggings.. Also:
-HUD timers on Eidos reversal and Eidos anchor - Time until anchor activates and remaining reversal time - maybe in that left middle box? :^)
-Adjust the conjured light's hitbox, so that you can break blocks that are "touching it" on the side, so to speak. Also, it confuses mobs that go inside it.
-Strings?

Edit: removed things which already exist. Added three more obnoxious suggestions.

And finally, does anyone have any idea how I'm supposed to use the leggings' spell? Pretty much anything I put in there will just drain my psi. Since spells are priced at cast as opposed to while running, I can't properly make something that runs every n ticks, as it will still drain my psi every tick...

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
-Dyed spell bullets/spell whatevers.
If you use a colorizer in your CAD, that'll set the color of the particle effects of any and all spells you cast. The rainbow colorizer will cycle through all the colors over time.
-Vector multiplied by Vector (but keep current Vector * Number)
Vector cross product and vector dot product are both already implemented in Psi. The former returns a new vector that is perpendicular to both of the input vectors and with a magnitude equal to the product of the input vectors' magnitudes times the sine of the angle between the two vectors; while the vector dot product returns a number (not a vector) equal to the product of the input vectors' magnitudes times the cosine of the angle between them.

-Debug accepting vector input
Pretty sure the debug trick can take as an input an object of any type: number, vector, entity, entity list, etc.

And finally, does anyone have any idea how I'm supposed to use the leggings' spell? Pretty much anything I put in there will just drain my psi. Since spells are priced at cast as opposed to while running, I can't properly make something that runs every n ticks, as it will still drain my psi every tick...
You'd have to use a really cheap spell in your leggings for it to be at all sustainable, such as conjuring a few blocks around you. Do note that spells fired automatically (such as by your tools and armor or by a Circle or Loopcast bullet after the first cast) don't cause your Psi regeneration to pause- so, if a spell in your leggings costs less Psi than you regerate every tick, then it won't cause your Psi to decrease at all.

V

Viktor_smg

If you use a colorizer in your CAD, that'll set the color of the particle effects of any and all spells you cast. The rainbow colorizer will cycle through all the colors over time.
Right, but what about coloring individual bullets? I already know about the colorizer. F.E. It'd be nice to have a red conjure light (looks more like a flare), while still keeping a psi-colored or rainbow or whatever CAD.

Anyways, thanks for the rest of the info, I'll edit out the necessary stuff.

C

Call_Me_Mike

This mod become my favorite mod of minecraft ! It was amazing! Magic from a gun, cool !

But, I have a suggestion, maybe make a version of minecraft 1.7.10, because there are so many mod still only for 1.7.10. It should be much people still playing 1.7.10 but want to try PSI mod with other mod. So I think making a PSI mod for minecraft 1.7.10 maybe a good idea .

6J0ker9

Suggestions "Been bouncin around in my head so you know felt the need to say em"

Cast Delay- based on CAD (Not spells with a delayed cast, but instead spells that take time to cast)

Different CAD types
Specialized CAD - Higher Spell storage , Higher base complexity, Potentially a cast time
Rifle type CAD - Potentially a scope, Allows for higher ray vector range, but below avg stats for everything else except potency (Potentially a high cast time, but you have to click twice "1 click prepares the spell(with delay), 2nd click fires")

Maybe a trick that preserves the momentum, but reverses the vector?

Spirits (They did exist in the LN) : You were against automation, so they would likely have to be balanced so that they are not "automation" (maybe some sort of battle turtle? Where Ai is adjusted instead of adding tricks?)

goldern

Jul 29, 2019
I've been waiting for a long time for people to come with this topic up, but nobody said nothing about it, well.

Spells give experience, PSI levels won't be a direct report of how you've followed the tutorial

- For me, progression should be a rewarding thing, but once you've completed the tutorial, it's just a matter of copy/paste a folder in order to progress further into the mod, which is kinda sad as it makes regeneration of "Psi Energy" a thing that everybody will eventually have the same, and deadlock more complicated spells.
Imagine like a person that has been shooting spell for ages is able to eventually get Regen III for 45 seconds [insert hard balancing level mathematical equation here to see how much energy each level will regenerate], and also the gain of a higher "Psi Energy" based on level, turn the mod in a frikkin' RPG :D .

"Oh, but won't it make people AFK spell spamming? "
- Solution: 99% penalty if the same spell is used twice, so if someone spam skills it would take weeks to advance to someone using the mod regularly with different kinds of spells, or reduce it (in the case of spell alternation macros, which can be prevented too by making spells only be selected by hand, dunno)

How would all of this work?
Short(est) answer[and filled with determination]:
'+1 Level obtained! You've now level 28 and won "+12" Psimana limit, your limit is now 5012'
'Your psimana regen rate is now 11 Psitick[220Psisecond]'
*side effects: (third hand) with higher regen and higher Psimana levels, more powerful and creative spells can be created

*Tis just a random guy suggestion, don't take anything really srsly.

V

Voodoobeard

First of all, I LOVE this mod. Been having a blast, sometimes literally, with it on FTB Unstable 1.10
But this post is more of a feature request, is there any chance of the "Break Block" and "Break Block Sequence" tricks taking into account the enchantments on a pickaxe, specifically Silk Touch and Fortune?
Thanks for reading :)

goldern

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I LOVE this mod. Been having a blast, sometimes literally, with it on FTB Unstable 1.10
But this post is more of a feature request, is there any chance of the "Break Block" and "Break Block Sequence" tricks taking into account the enchantments on a pickaxe, specifically Silk Touch and Fortune?
Thanks for reading :)
Well, it's not the same but you should take a look at this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/psispellcompendium/comments/4pkl0v/silk_touch_spell_bandwidth_5/

I

istasi

Suggestion

Operator: Vector Raycast, return airblock coords at max distance, instead of throwing error if no solid blocks found before max.

edited:
kills caused by spell circle should count as player kill in terms of drops and xp
blocks broken though block break should drop experience, if breaking the block normally would, atleast when using the pickaxe.

Last edited:

1Enderman10

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how I can transfer my Psi data from one save to another. I accidentally used my CAD before I hit "C" and transferred the data the way the mod lets you, which leaves me in a sticky situation. I think I need to go into the folders to copy over a folder to my current save, but I don't know which folder that is. :\

S

strangest

Suggestions:

1. Adding to exosuit controller(or where you'd like to) option to disable regeneration of durability for all psi-things in your inventory. Because when you're being dead in case of energy overflow, that happened when your smart armor drained you dry(to fix itself) second before casting powerfull spell, that's ... not fun.
2. Decreasing base potency modifier for positive effects. Because getting them from CAD now is uneffective. Not extremely, but somewhere near that point.
3. Adding scope to CADs. Because shooting projectile bullets ain't comfortable without zoom.

Last edited: